Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2016, 04:36 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Hotel staff go in, make beds, and clean up room. Campground/ R.V Park staff go in and clean up site!!
I know what your saying, it's rediculous that people leave their garbage laying around, but, we're paying big money for a parking spot. More and more I see campground staff / owners, do nothing more than collect that money !!
Do you tail campground staff around to see what they really do? You don't have a clue what it takes to run a campground. Plus, many of the staff are VOLUNTEERS.

Paying big money is no excuse for assuming that you should be picked up after. Use some common sense and even perhaps, volunteer to do something to see what really happens out there.

twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2016, 05:13 PM   #30

Not just limited to campgrounds. After spending 10+ years in Germany, one of the hardest things to get used to was the litter and just plain trash, mainly along roadways. Every thing from paper to old mattresses. There's just no pride in some folks. Truly a shame and a crime.

And when I used to smoke, I always field stripped my cigarette butts, putting the filter in my pocket till I could dispose of it properly.

Afubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 05:44 PM   #31

FWIW I was thinking earlier that it would be a good thing if campground owner associations started a "do not rent" list and swapped it around. Then I thought it would be interesting to see how people complained if they found themselves on it. It seems it has already hit.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:33 PM   #32

Workhorse Chassis Owner
A lot of people are just slobs. One poster mentioned that some slobs when leaving use the fire pit as a garbage can. Most campgrounds have a garbage can sit up on the way out.
We usually just place our garbage in that can on the way out. Also, just drive down the highway and look at all the cans, bottles and plastic bags that slobs throw out. Last week, I walked down out street about a block and filled up a large leaf bag of garbage that the lazy slobs throw out.
TXredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:00 PM   #33

We volunteered in a national lakeshore park which had a state-of-the-art fish cleaning station with a special processor to eliminate the skin/bones after cleaning.

There was a 'donation box' at this station. We went to open it and found fish guts in it.
twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 11:57 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
I am night manager at a park. We pick up the trash at the curb at 9 am if guests will put it in a plastic trash bag. We ask guests not to put their trash out at night. However several times a week, the stray doge will have trash strewn about in front of some space. Some times that space is empty when 9 am arrives and the mess was left behind for us to clean up. We do tag the customers reservation page for future reference. We have had couches, tables, easy chairs, ripped off awnings, lawn chairs. bbq pits... waiting for us to dispose of. Park workers earn their keep.
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 12:14 AM   #35

It's obvious by the responses here who the people that are most likely to leave the campsite in disarray by their rantings that people SHOULD come behind and clean after them.

What ever happened to camper etiquette?

One was ALWAYS leave nothing behind. (except split firewood)

More and more I see those who EXPECT others to wait on them or clean up after them using excuses like, it's their job or I pay good money for it, when it should be, thank you for having a wonderful place to camp, I will do MY PART to keep it that way.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:39 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afubar View Post
After spending 10+ years in Germany, one of the hardest things to get used to was the litter and just plain trash, mainly along roadways.
There are obvious downsides to that orderly a culture. Just as the individuality and sense of "don't tread on me" freedom in our culture has its downsides, one of those being our citizen's propensity for littering, trashiness and other disorderly behavior. You don't get the one without the other.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:14 AM   #37

The way people treat themselves, others and property these days is all proof that the ignorant are breeding at a much higher rate than the rest of the population.

And it seems the more ignorant, inconsiderate and mean they are, the more kids they have to carry on the tradition.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:45 AM   #38

I agree with raineman
Old 07-26-2016, 08:11 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by raineman View Post
The way people treat themselves, others and property these days is all proof that the ignorant are breeding at a much higher rate than the rest of the population.

And it seems the more ignorant, inconsiderate and mean they are, the more kids they have to carry on the tradition.
Well, we don't have lynch mobs, tar and featherings and shivarees now; that's an improvement, don't you think?
Old 07-26-2016, 05:51 PM   #40

I know inquiring minds want to know: yes we asked before we moved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich F View Post
I'm surprised they didn't get upset with you for moving to the site before they said you could. One of my many times staying over a weekend at John Pennekamp state park down the keys, I had to reserve one site for two nights and a different site for a third night, so I could put a three night stay together.. I moved to the second site after the people vacated that site, before getting the OK from the office. When I went up to the ranger station, the ranger went ballistic because I had moved before getting the OK.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:20 PM   #41

I agree with raineman
NorthernDriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 06:27 PM   #42

X2 Rainman,