Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2016, 07:11 AM   #57

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Had a house where when I would mow the lawn I would find dog poop in the grass each week. 2 dogs worth of poop on a small front lawn. I started throwing it out in the street before I would mow. Neighbor, a banker, across the street complained to me about my dog poop in the street. I looked at him, who has 2 dogs, and said "I don't have a dog" then kept looking at him until he figured it out. Who said bankers aren't smart! Dog poop went away.....

Had a boat load of cat poop in the fenced back yard each week. I mean looked like there was at least 3 cats more like 6 taking a dump out there each week. It really stunk in the summer time. Again a very small back yard. Since I didn't feel like carring it around front I bought a humane cat trap, put a can of tuna in it and trapped 6 cats and took them to the pound. 3 of them were Ferrell and 3 of them were neighborhood cats. Poop problem went away.

We keep a grocery bag tied to the leash when off property for walking the dog. Ciggerette butts, beer can tabs and dog poop all come down to the same thing. Lazzyness of their owners......
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2016, 07:27 AM   #58

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Smokers don't think about how flinging their cigarette butts out the window impact the environment. It's not just "young people", it's everyone. It was worse in the old days when everyone smoked. Including me. Yes, I was guilty of this disgusting habit and it's aftermath. I quit 36 years ago though and cannot stand to be around smokers or their mess.
I sometimes shake my head and wonder, what was I thinking?
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:32 AM   #59

Forest River Owners Club
We live in a small town in North Alabama and have a law that if you see someone throwing trash/ even butts out you can call or send an e-mail to the city and they will send them a nasty letter or fine if they are repeat offenders. i've reported 5 or 6 already. This needs to be nation wide !
outthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:21 AM   #60
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by outthere View Post
We live in a small town in North Alabama and have a law that if you see someone throwing trash/ even butts out you can call or send an e-mail to the city and they will send them a nasty letter or fine if they are repeat offenders. i've reported 5 or 6 already. This needs to be nation wide !

Amen to that!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 12:52 PM   #61
IC2

Quote:
Amen X2
If we could only talk my town which is a bedroom/pass through town for the state capital, I-87 and the new AMD/Global Foundries chip plant into that law we could do a lot in the cleanup department. We saw a jerk in a new Camaro dump his ash tray on Sunday at an I-87 intersection then blow through a red light, and just missed by an oncoming car after someone yelled at him about the litter.
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 07:44 PM   #62

Quote:
Actually there are a lot of Cities where you can call/email the info to the Local Police/Sheriff's Departments and they will send out a warning letter. In most jurisdictions that is all they can do because it is an infraction or misdemeanor which can only be acted upon if seen being done by an LEO. It's worth trying as they need to be held accountable. Good for you, I can't stand it when people use the world as their trashcan.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 01:06 PM   #63

Ford Super Duty Owner
Rv pigs

We stayed at the canal campground in the land between the lashes... Kentucky. When we went to dump there was liquid on the ground. I thought rinsing issue. But not until I noticed brown stuff on my brown house and actually seeing turdsn on the ground did I realize how big a pig some ppl can be. Of course I rinsed it out of way. Always look closer now. Have fun rvn
Terryshirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 05:56 PM   #64

Thankfully, we don't have to camp with slobs. My RV is on wheels and so is theirs.

We don't have to put up with stupid. Darwin will get around to them
timetogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 06:54 AM   #65
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timetogo View Post
Thankfully, we don't have to camp with slobs. My RV is on wheels and so is theirs.

We don't have to put up with stupid. Darwin will get around to them
I agree. Mother Nature is pretty good about occasionally culling the gene pool when needed.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 12:10 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpharley View Post
Lynnmor, we do not smoke so no need for an ash tray and all our Harley's have only had stock mufflers.
Wow, a non-pipe rattling Harley. That has to be a sight!
Old 10-02-2016, 10:43 AM   #67

Was at an intersection the other day waiting on the light. A young girl (teenager or younger was finishing her starbucks whatever in a clear plastic cup with a straw and lid. She took off the lid and straw and threw it on the ground. A trash can was about 10 feet from her. Well, my window was rolled up and I just kinda sighed. Then she drank what was left in her cup and threw it on the ground. Now my window comes down and I was like "what the hell is wrong with you, the trash can is right there!" And she looked at me, the light turned green and she starting yelling at me to mind my own business in not lady like language. I just drove off still yelling at her. I picked up her cup and lid later in the day while walking my dog. I mean, the trash can was right there.....
Captned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 11:43 AM   #68
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captned View Post
Was at an intersection the other day waiting on the light. A young girl (teenager or younger was finishing her starbucks whatever in a clear plastic cup with a straw and lid. She took off the lid and straw and threw it on the ground. A trash can was about 10 feet from her. Well, my window was rolled up and I just kinda sighed. Then she drank what was left in her cup and threw it on the ground. Now my window comes down and I was like "what the hell is wrong with you, the trash can is right there!" And she looked at me, the light turned green and she starting yelling at me to mind my own business in not lady like language. I just drove off still yelling at her. I picked up her cup and lid later in the day while walking my dog. I mean, the trash can was right there.....
I think after she took that attitude I would have called the cops and stayed with her to be sure she got a ticket!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 08:03 AM   #69

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captned View Post
this is why we should use our government to force Starbucks and other coffee providers to not provide paper cups. That way folks have to bring their own cups!

Just think of how much less trash we would see each year in the environment!!!!
Old 10-21-2016, 08:42 PM   #70

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Seems like the word 'respect' is one of the bywords in this thread. Campgrounds are not the only place that lack of respect runs rampant, especially in the younger members of society. I seen little respect from the young [under 20-30 years old] inmates at the prison I retired from. Maybe 2% of the older inmates lacked respect. It just went with the territory.
Greg2 is offline   Reply With Quote