Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2016, 07:02 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by raineman View Post
The way people treat themselves, others and property these days is all proof that the ignorant are breeding at a much higher rate than the rest of the population.

And it seems the more ignorant, inconsiderate and mean they are, the more kids they have to carry on the tradition.
Well said and very true it appears. Many of the younger generation feel as though they are entitled and I will leave it at that.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2016, 07:04 PM   #44

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Do you tail campground staff around to see what they really do? You don't have a clue what it takes to run a campground. Plus, many of the staff are VOLUNTEERS.

Paying big money is no excuse for assuming that you should be picked up after. Use some common sense and even perhaps, volunteer to do something to see what really happens out there.
LOOK... I've stayed at many, many campgrounds. Some great, some terrible!
I was in one family run campground last week, that I don't think a single waking hour went by when I didn't see the owner, his wife, or their son, doing something to maintain their campground.
I've stayed at pigpen campgrounds (only once thou ), where I've seen no staff outside of the office during my entire stay, And often can see them get up off their recliner when the door chime rings.

Don't try and tell me I have no clue !!!!!
Old 08-04-2016, 02:59 PM   #45

We aren't full-timers but since retiring spend quite a bit of time in our MH touring the usa. We were just talking about the decline in rv park etiquette all over when we stumbled onto this thread. Sad but true it seems to be a trend wherever we go now. Geez I sound like my parents!

2014 Itasca 32H
cdrprn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 08:13 AM   #46

Tiffin Owners Club
Do these people have trash strewn across their space when they are staying on the site? Is this the way they live day to day? I live by the credo "Leave only footprints and take only memories".
On the Road with 13 Rescued Cats
LynnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 02:22 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnD View Post
Do these people have trash strewn across their space when they are staying on the site? Is this the way they live day to day? I live by the credo "Leave only footprints and take only memories".

I have always believed as you quoted. Being a smoker, I refuse to just toss butts or anything else. I tend to blame a lot of this problem on the "me" generation.
JohnCheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 05:38 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCheryl View Post
I have always believed as you quoted. Being a smoker, I refuse to just toss butts or anything else. I tend to blame a lot of this problem on the "me" generation.
Butts have been tossed on the ground since their invention. People don't seem to think they're trash or they think they'll magically dissolve.

We've picked up so many cigarette butts in campsites while volunteering it's disgusting. It's not a fun job.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 06:22 AM   #49

We ride a motorcycle and get a good view of all the cigarette butts tossed out. Every intersection is full of them. Littering to me and so disgusting.
jpharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 06:30 AM   #50

Is some of it generational? Maybe. But I don't think that is the main thing. Some of it is age of the person...regardless of generation. Some of it is the cloth they are cut from. Some people are just plain oblivious. Or lazy. Some people are so focused on themselves that nothing else matters. Some people really can't see the world past the nose on their faces. Yes there are pigs among us.
Old 08-06-2016, 06:36 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpharley View Post
We ride a motorcycle and get a good view of all the cigarette butts tossed out. Every intersection is full of them. Littering to me and so disgusting.

PA just increased the tax by $1 per pack. I'll know when the tax is high enough when I see no more butts at the curb, and I hate taxes in general.

Did you ever see a Harley with an ashtray and stock mufflers?
lynnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 07:22 AM   #52
IC2

Since we have digressed to cigarette butts, I hate them with a passion for several reasons. Watching both parents die from the effects of cigarettes is first among them. Then there are those folks that think every highway intersection, store parking lot and even campgrounds are their personal ash tray. Even some of the fine folks iRV2 must be guilty, having seen many more then one butt being ejected from a MH or towable TVs side window to bounce off my vehicle. In past days before filters were added to most brands, butts would dissolve after a couple rains. Now, they seem to be forever.

The next thing that sticks in my craw are those folks that seem to feel that it's beneath them to pick up their mutts poop. We generally spend the summer as a seasonal. One week there was an weekender in the next site while we were home at our S&B that let his dog ( a big one ) use the area under a slide on our 5er as his toilet. We scooped it up using the CGs shovel and disposed of it properly - all several pounds of it!!! He has been banned forever from future stays as have a couple others for that very same reason.

Yes, they walk among us and sometimes Pogo (Walt Kelly) had it right: "We are confronted with insurmountable opportunities".
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 06:40 AM   #53

Lynnmor, we do not smoke so no need for an ash tray and all our Harley's have only had stock mufflers.
jpharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 06:54 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC2 View Post
Since we have digressed to cigarette butts, I hate them with a passion for several reasons. Watching both parents die from the effects of cigarettes is first among them. Then there are those folks that think every highway intersection, store parking lot and even campgrounds are their personal ash tray. Even some of the fine folks iRV2 must be guilty, having seen many more then one butt being ejected from a MH or towable TVs side window to bounce off my vehicle. In past days before filters were added to most brands, butts would dissolve after a couple rains. Now, they seem to be forever.

The next thing that sticks in my craw are those folks that seem to feel that it's beneath them to pick up their mutts poop. We generally spend the summer as a seasonal. One week there was an weekender in the next site while we were home at our S&B that let his dog ( a big one ) use the area under a slide on our 5er as his toilet. We scooped it up using the CGs shovel and disposed of it properly - all several pounds of it!!! He has been banned forever from future stays as have a couple others for that very same reason.

Yes, they walk among us and sometimes Pogo (Walt Kelly) had it right: "We are confronted with insurmountable opportunities".
Several years ago, we were tent camping at the Mt Pisgah Campground on the BR Parkway. The neighbors watched as there 2 dogs pooped in a common area . Early the next morning I scooped it up and dumped it next to their truck so the driver would have to step over it...or in it... to get in. I could here her cursing a little later. Made my day!!
Old 08-07-2016, 06:57 AM   #55
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchee View Post
Several years ago, we were tent camping at the Mt Pisgah Campground on the BR Parkway. The neighbors watched as there 2 dogs pooped in a common area . Early the next morning I scooped it up and dumped it next to their truck so the driver would have to step over it...or in it... to get in. I could here her cursing a little later. Made my day!!
Excellent idea.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 07:01 AM   #56

IC2 - that animal mess should have been delivered to the owners door step !

Cigerette slobs are everywhere! Why they think it's "ok" the drop their spit covered, smelly paper sticks, anywhere is just uneducated !

Younger generation living and behaving like slobs ?? Maybe a learned behavior from their older generation family !

Do we really think these uneducated slobs are reading this ? Or read anything ?
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote