RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2017, 12:22 PM   #43

Also , I personally don't usually mind hearing others music , I'd rather hear that than screaming whining kids & barking dogs

stepside454 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2017, 12:32 PM   #44

the OEM sat dish, convection feature of the microwave, the gas oven w/no broiler pan, outside radio (doesn't work), OEM DVD player and surround sound, front two overhead florescent light as there is no power to them...

Old 08-16-2017, 12:42 PM   #45

Let's see.. Docking lights, Dish Washer, Washer/Dryer, VCR...
bam565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 02:14 PM   #46

Have never switched plumbing valves to winterize, or used the TV shelf in the bedroom. Can remember using the heated mirrors one time when it was frosty outside. I paid extra for the fantastic fan but rarely ever use it. Everything else gets used every time we go out. Back up camera stays on since we usually tow the boat and carry the bikes back there.

Even if we had it, i would not use outside entertainment. We don't expect, or want, to hear a TV/stereo playing from the next campsite. Unfortunately, many people care less about being respectful towards others and play there's too loud.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:47 PM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
We've never used the slide supports that came with our coach. The side view cameras are a bit of a distraction ... I'd prefer the rear camera stay on when I put the turn signal on. We use the exterior TV maybe once a year ... usually for a "big game" of some sort, typically it's on in the background as we do other stuff (rarely is anybody watching it intently...) - and virtually always with the sound off. Everything else gets used regularly ... we have no reservations about using the washer, the convection oven, the toilets and/or the shower.

We leave the coach "packed" between trips - including pantry items (boxed goods, canned goods, etc.) When it's time to load up - we're loading refrigerated stuff, spoilables (bread, potatoes, onions, etc.), clothing and personal items (books, personal electronics, etc.) We've gotten in the habit of going thru every drawer and storage compartment once or twice a year to clean, examine and repack the contents. Stuff that may have been inadvertently "mis-filed" gets put in the right spot - stuff that we clearly haven't used/needed gets removed as part of the process.
SpaceNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 09:13 PM   #48

What we don't use

Tried the shower a few times. It is small and the shower curtain is clingy to your body. We just go around smelling!! Flip flops and you can shower anywhere. I use the bathtub for storage and put a thick piece of exterior plywood stained and finished for an additional storage shelf. We don't have a television. Never used the fire extinguisher.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 09:14 PM   #49

We're full-time so we use almost everything. Exceptions are the bedroom TV, and the emergency battery start switch ( so far at least).
partskenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 09:50 PM   #50

Our RV is our home, therefor everything we paid for is being used, with the exception of the outdoor entertainment system mostly out of courtesy to our 'neighbours'.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:12 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Really ?

So it would be OK to drown out your music with acid rock ?
Heck yea Crank yours up and I'll turn mine down, some of my favorites are Metallica, Megadeth, Alice In Chains, Pantera, Iron Maiden, Black Sabath, Judas Priest. Not everyone who RV's is 80 years old and only listens to Paul Harvey, good day...
89sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:19 PM   #52

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Only thing I can think of is a switch in the bedroom that turns on a pair of ceiling speakers from the dash stereo.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:31 PM   #53

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hey, if you're going to play acid rock, I'll come listen with you... Janis, Jimi, Jim, Airplane (not starship), Frigid Pink, ELP...
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:38 PM   #54

89 please post your itinerary so I can make sure ours does not match. I prefer Willies Roadhouse on Sirius (played softly).
plain ol Bil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:49 PM   #55

Excel Owners Club
Seems like the only we don't or have not used is the spare tire and the fire extinguishers. We use the stove almost daily, we do eat, and we even bake in the oven. I winterize and then re-winterize multiple times a year after our mid winter trips. We live in Santa Fe. Omitted the bedroom TV, never liked TVs there anyhow. Otherwise, there's very little we don't use.
rarebear.nm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 12:53 AM   #56

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Outside TV.
Central vacuum system.
In dash NAV system.
Disc player in dash radio.
Ability to turn the front seats around.

Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote