Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Swansonia's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Mississippi
Posts: 125
Southern Belle here

Well, not exactly a Southern Belle, but I am from the Deep South...South Mississippi to be more precise. My DH and I bought a 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road a couple of months ago. He is a boat captain and spends a lot of time away from home. As a teenager and young adult my family had a fifth wheeler, so I was somewhat familiar with camping. My interest in camping was rekindled when one of my brothers bought a RV earlier this year. This past weekend my Mom, my SIL and I went on an all girls camping trip. We only went about 30 miles from home to "test the waters." Everything went great...except the weather... but we had a fabulous time and can't wait to go again.

Swansonia
__________________

__________________
Swansonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
HabitatGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 246
Welcome to the forum! Glad you have rediscoverd the RV life. Safe travels!
__________________

__________________
"...NOT ALL WHO WANDER ARE LOST"BILBO BAGGINS
2006 FOURWINDS WINDSPORT 36Z 2012 JEEP LIBERTY TOAD
HABITATGUY
HabitatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
wa8yxm's Avatar
 
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 22,787
Welcome Belle..

You know, my Yankee daughter decided to become a Southern Belle. She now lives in Darian, GA . Been there once. go any farther sough you'd better know how to swim (Less you go in another direction first) She can walk to the ocean from her apartment, and does, often.

Welcome to the forum, Lots of good info here to help you with you new home on wheels, Any questions, feel free to ask.. Odds someowne has "Been there, Done that" as they say.
__________________
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:28 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
historyljc's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pensacola, Florida
Posts: 5,173
Hi Swansonia, welcome to the forum. Lots of great places to camp in S MS, LA, AL, and NW FL.
__________________
Travel well, travel safe,
Jim
2006 Tiffin Phaeton - 2011 Cadillac SRX
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:22 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Swansonia's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Mississippi
Posts: 125
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
__________________
Swansonia
2013 Tiffin Allegro RED 38QRA
"So many campgrounds,so little time"
Swansonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:44 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Daphne,Al
Posts: 192
Welcome to the forum from a neighbor in Southern Alabama,(Daphne). Born and raised in Southern Ms and still working there for the past 40 years. Some great little shake down cruises in Penscola, and Destin. Also, try the French Quarter RV park in New Orleans, Great park and close to the French Quarter.
__________________
2006 Itasca Suncruiser 38T
Traveling with Westies, Max, Ellie and new addition Sophie.
bobbyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:03 PM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 26,200
Hi Swansonia! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad to have you join the bunch here! Them dang yankees are ganging up on us southerners!
__________________
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Swansonia's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Mississippi
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyl View Post
Welcome to the forum from a neighbor in Southern Alabama,(Daphne). Born and raised in Southern Ms and still working there for the past 40 years. Some great little shake down cruises in Penscola, and Destin. Also, try the French Quarter RV park in New Orleans, Great park and close to the French Quarter.
Thanks for the welcome...glad to find someone from the same neck of the woods....Have you ever been to Dauphin Island Campground? I've heard that is is nice, but their website doesn't give much info..Next month we are going to Gulf State Park...woold love to hear any reccomendations for places than we can go nearby.
__________________
Swansonia
2013 Tiffin Allegro RED 38QRA
"So many campgrounds,so little time"
Swansonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:52 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Swansonia's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Mississippi
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Hi Swansonia! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad to have you join the bunch here! Them dang yankees are ganging up on us southerners!
I'm proud to add to the Southern bunch...I'll help you control them Yankees!!
__________________
Swansonia
2013 Tiffin Allegro RED 38QRA
"So many campgrounds,so little time"
Swansonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:52 PM   #10
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 26,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swansonia View Post
I'm proud to add to the Southern bunch...I'll help you control them Yankees!!
Thanks! you know, they even think they won the war! Can you imagine that?
__________________
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:37 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Daphne,Al
Posts: 192
Dauphin Island is ok. Are you familar with Rvparkreviews? You can get some good information from that sight on all the campgrounds available in the area of which you are interested. Rvparkreviews.com. I normally go further east to Pensacola, Fort Walton,kDestin or Sandestin. There are some great parks in the Destin area. Destin Luxury Rv is wonderful. Kind of pricey but just a walk across the street to the beach. Lots of good places to eat in Destin and Sandestin. If not going east I go to New Orleans. There are a couple of great parks there, French Quarter Rv and Ponchatran Landing. Love New Orleans. Look at the state park website for Florida and you will find many locations. Just remember most reservations in Florida state parks require several months in advance reservations. There are 2 new parks in the Destin/Fort Walton Beach area. Destin West is one of them. You can find all of this on rvparkreviews. Gulf State park is really a great place along with Ft Pickens in Pensacola. It's amazing the great things to see so close to home. One thing I recommend is Pensacola Naval Air Museum. Nothing comes close to this museum and it's "free."

Enjoy your travels! The coastline of La, Ms, Al, and Fl have so much to offer!
__________________
2006 Itasca Suncruiser 38T
Traveling with Westies, Max, Ellie and new addition Sophie.
bobbyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:06 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Swansonia's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Mississippi
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyl View Post
Dauphin Island is ok. Are you familar with Rvparkreviews? You can get some good information from that sight on all the campgrounds available in the area of which you are interested. Rvparkreviews.com. I normally go further east to Pensacola, Fort Walton,kDestin or Sandestin. There are some great parks in the Destin area. Destin Luxury Rv is wonderful. Kind of pricey but just a walk across the street to the beach. Lots of good places to eat in Destin and Sandestin. If not going east I go to New Orleans. There are a couple of great parks there, French Quarter Rv and Ponchatran Landing. Love New Orleans. Look at the state park website for Florida and you will find many locations. Just remember most reservations in Florida state parks require several months in advance reservations. There are 2 new parks in the Destin/Fort Walton Beach area. Destin West is one of them. You can find all of this on rvparkreviews. Gulf State park is really a great place along with Ft Pickens in Pensacola. It's amazing the great things to see so close to home. One thing I recommend is Pensacola Naval Air Museum. Nothing comes close to this museum and it's "free."

Enjoy your travels! The coastline of La, Ms, Al, and Fl have so much to offer!

I agree that we are blessed to live in a beautiful area...so many options within a few mins drive. Never thought about taking the RV to NOLA...we drive over a few times a year..My DH would have to drive on that trip..the streets of NOLA are too crowded for me..

We have reservations for Gulf State Park next month. I have never been to the Pensacola Naval Air Museum...and just went to the USS Alabama for the first time last fall.

Thanks for telling me about RVparkreviews...I'll check it out.
__________________
Swansonia
2013 Tiffin Allegro RED 38QRA
"So many campgrounds,so little time"
Swansonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:13 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2
Check out the Pat Harrison waterway parks. -Pat Harrison Waterway District | Home
We like Manerd Creek, but the others are nice also.

Also check Gulf Islands National Seashore. the campground called Davis Bayou Camping in Ocean Springs, MS is nice.

when you go to Gulf Shores be sure to bring "bug spray" in case they get bad.
__________________
dcullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Steve N Sal's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,614
Howdy Swansonia and welcome aboard. Glad you joined us and hope you enjoy the site. Congrats on the Allegro Open Road and really hope you enjoy it and all your future travels. Be safe and have a great rv-ing season.
__________________

__________________
Steve & Sally / HiTee & Hudson Our Little Poms / Heidi & Houston Forever in our Hearts
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22 / 05 PT Vert
Michigan (Summer) Michigan (Winter For Now)
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.