Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2017, 11:29 PM   #1

Special RV Insurance for stationary RV's

I didnt know this type of insurance existed. I originally called Geico to find out if i could get a policy to cover my leased lot or even just the deck itself when i build it. It did take them a bit to track down a policy but they did find one and it is specifically for RV's that are parked at one location long term and it also covers anything on my lot. So if someone gets hurt on my lot or if a storm trashes my RV or the deck im covered. Now it is a bit expensive, about $1000 a year with a $750 deductable, however if the deck cost $2500 to build then its worth it.

Also while i was on the phone they went ahead and updated my address to here in Texas so that they could refigure my rate on my current policy, and it saved me $250 every 6 months, which is quite excellent.

I cant get the new special policy till oct but it it sounds like a good deal.

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.7 HD cooling
Durango Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2017, 11:58 PM   #2

YES........
It is called a Full Timers Insurance Policy.....just like policy one would have on S&B
Make sure you get 'agreed value/replacement value' for your HOME plus coverage for contents (personal property, custom installs, special items--fire arms etc)
Slip/fall, medical, hotel--loss of habitat if in for repairs etc.

Foremost, Blue Sky are others to get quotes from
Check into 'companion vehicle' -----bundled policies

And you can cancel current policy anytime.....prorated premium refund

Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:31 AM   #3

Thanks, yeah they gave me a quote via foremost. They asked me if $2000 would cover my personal stuff and i told them that wont even cover my computer. I suggested about $9000 for personal stuff. Thanks for the other tips ill ask about those.

I cant get the policy right now because not only is the deck not built yet so i would be paying for something im not using. But also because i have to go without anything extra or fun for the next 72 days. Then ill have the lot paid for and then ill have about $700 a month play money after that, so ill suffer now to be better later. So other than bills and grocery im not buying anything else unless its under $10 lol until Nov 3rd.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:52 AM   #4

Guess the idea of FT traveling has come to a complete halt and you are going stationary permanent.
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 07:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Guess the idea of FT traveling has come to a complete halt and you are going stationary permanent.
Yeah pretty much, its just too much for me physically and mentally. Im afraid i might damage the 5ver on the road because im not always thinking correctly with my TBI. My anxieties run my life, its just the way it is. It even wears me out just to dump twice a month with having to crawl on the ground for hoses and pull handles and stuff.

If i ever leave here i will prob just find someone that can take over the lot and sell them the RV as is (in place).

I do wish i could travel more but i have to live within my abilities.
Old 08-20-2017, 08:09 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
It is called a Full Timers Insurance Policy.....
Be careful with that label - there is no insurance industry standard for "Fulltimer Policy", so asking for a policy by that name doesn't mean much. Heck, one insurer I had for a few years used that term for anybody whose RV used more than 150 nights/year. It provided no extra coverage at all - just a slightly higher premium. Another one used that label to add some liability coverage for injuries around the campsite (at a cost of $260/year) but nothing else.

Make sure you ask very specific questions about what is covered, and when.

Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance, rvs