Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2015, 09:20 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Splendide Washer/Dryer

Ok long story short when we bought our motorhome it didn't have a washer /dryer. We wanted to get one but 1500.00 was to much! got on craigslist and found one for 350.00 BUT she said dryer didn't work. I can fix that! So i bought it and she was right it didn't! So we just used the washer and hung the laundry out to dry, but yesterday i pulled it out and took it apart. Started checking things and found what i thought the problem was. I called Westland sales and asked for tech support. To my surprise the phone rang 2 times and a man who spoke english clearly answered, i told him what i found he said you are right and told me to reset the limit switches. I said how ? He said push really hard , i did, heard it click and put it back together and it works! In all my years i have never experienced ANY tech support that really helped me out! hats off to this outfit,very impressed. Wish king dome would answer the phone??? lol. In the morning i will order 2 new limit switches from them. Cost 60.25$ including shipping. Great business!!
sledwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2015, 04:08 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Now that's great service.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 05:38 AM   #3
paz

Westland Sales does provide good tech support. However, my experience has been is it is very unusual for anyone to answer the phone. I have always had to leave a message and wait for someone to call back. They always do call, but sometimes it isn't until the next day.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 09:12 PM   #4

I'm another fan of Westland Sales tech support. The door handle broke on ours, I phoned them, explained the latch, he told me how to unlatch the door from below, and sent a new handle overnight mail to our RV park as we were leaving in 3 days. New models have a pull-tab behind the kick-panel on front of machine to open the latch.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:48 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

I too have had great service from them, on more than one occasion too. A few years back when I had a really knotty problem, the guy stayed on the phone with me for 25 minutes while I stepped through the diagnosis. It acted like the limit switches but turned out to be the circuit board, a $300 item. He didn't want me to order the expensive board unless really, really sure that it was needed.

Another time I talked about the symptoms with him and get advice, then hung up to go do the problem determination. He called back later that day to ask what I had found and did I need any more help (I didn't).
Gary RVRoamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 12:50 PM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Yep, wish all companies could be like them!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 07:26 PM   #7

You folks must live right! I broke the handle, I had their phone number. I had read all the good reports on their service etc. I called - On Tuesday and left a message. I called again on Thursday and left a message. I called on Monday and left a message. No one ever returned my call. I finally found a dealer that could order the handle and got it that way - no thanks to Westland and their team! I am not PO'd just disappointed in their lack of interest.
gbburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 08:04 PM   #8
WDW

May i ask how you like this unit? Do you have the ventless version? We're thinking of adding one to a new rig we expect to order.

Taking in the sights ...where my Trolley travels. '15 Jayco Greyhawk 31FK.
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:38 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

I recommend against the ventless type. They are very, very slow drying and use a lot of water in the process (it dries by condensing the water out of the wet clothes, which requires a cold water bath). You need a good fresh water source (preferably a cool one) and a sewer hook-up to use it.
Gary RVRoamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:53 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
I recommend against the ventless type. They are very, very slow drying and use a lot of water in the process (it dries by condensing the water out of the wet clothes, which requires a cold water bath). You need a good fresh water source (preferably a cool one) and a sewer hook-up to use it.

The new Dometic ventless washer/dryer does not use water during the drying cycle. We bought one to replace an older vented Splendide. We washed and dried while stationary and while driving, and it had no problem keeping up with clothing, bedding, and kitchen towels for a family of four on its inaugural 16-day trip. At the end of the admittedly-long drying cycle, nearly all items were dry enough to fold and put away, including jeans. Only time will tell if it is as durable as the Splendide, which was still working well after 15 years.

Mike
2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40PBD
Freghtliner XC, CAT 3126B
Old 08-23-2015, 10:10 AM   #11

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Just had to order a cold water vale from Westland and they answered quickly and had the part and I got it in 2 days live on the Outer Banks of NC they were very helpful

denmar11
denmar11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 08:23 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmachine View Post
The new Dometic ventless washer/dryer does not use water during the drying cycle. We bought one to replace an older vented Splendide. We washed and dried while stationary and while driving, and it had no problem keeping up with clothing, bedding, and kitchen towels for a family of four on its inaugural 16-day trip. At the end of the admittedly-long drying cycle, nearly all items were dry enough to fold and put away, including jeans. Only time will tell if it is as durable as the Splendide, which was still working well after 15 years.

Mike
Please educate me on the working of that non-vented dry cycle, it cannot use heat to dry or your RV would soon become an oven, so with no cool water to condense moisture from clothing, I'm puzzled.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Old 08-24-2015, 04:17 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Please educate me on the working of that non-vented dry cycle, it cannot use heat to dry or your RV would soon become an oven, so with no cool water to condense moisture from clothing, I'm puzzled.

It does get very warm during the drying cycle. I wish that I could explain the workings of it, but I haven't dug into it yet. It does a good job washing and drying clothes. At the end of the drying cycle, the clothes are slightly damp, but it is more like steam than water. I pull them from the dryer one item at a time, fold them, and sort them on the bed. By the time the folding is done, nearly everything is dry enough to put into a drawer.

Mike
Old 08-24-2015, 07:31 PM   #14

Thanks for the explanation. Sounds like it does use a low heat to help remove moisture from the clothes. That could create a problem in winter though, it moves the moisture from the clothes into the air in the MH, adding even more humidity to an already humid atmosphere, which is a known issue with RV's in cold weather.