Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-04-2013, 11:04 AM   #1
Tiffin Owners Club
squeegee for rv windows

trying to find a squeegee that works on rv windshields. i bought one with telescoping handle at camping world but it is so stiff and small that it is not usable on the wind shield. it only makes contact with a couple inches on the actual window. since the windshield has curves in it this thing does not work. it might work on a flat window.

so i guess i am looking for a squeegee with telescoping handle to reach windshield without ladder and one that will conform to the shape of the windshield.

any suggestions.

thanks for your help.
allegro 2012 33 fts

monalisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
If you find a good one let me know I would love to have one too for the windows on our semi and tractors.

Caveman CBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:07 PM   #3
I bought one at Ace Hardware and also got the wooden handle there. They had several sizes. I guess wrong and had to cut a couple of inches off the handle so it would fit in our Class A basement storage. I like to be able to lean into it and put some pressure on it. Mine has a covered sponge on one side and a squeegee on the other.
Lindsay Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:17 PM   #4

Go to a janitorial supply company and you will find excellent squeegees, 12 to 16 inch, nice and soft. I have used for years on my house windows, work great and they also make replaceable blades if your ever get to being that squeegee guy on the road and wear them out LOL. They wiill also have handles and all, I was in the restuarant busines and that is where I got mine, they would even have cleaning brushes if needed. ALL THE BEST

Rolly Zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #5
Gulf Streamers Club
I have found that a Califoria Water Blade such as the one below from Auto Geek works well on windows and as bonus you can clean the water off your whole rig after washing, in most cases you don't need to dry and it doesn' hurt the finish, I have been using it for at least a year with no ill effects, hope this helps. The Original 14 inch California Water Blade, drying blade, squeegee blade heres another with Handle http://www.amazon.com/Water-Blade-Ex...pd_sim_auto_14
Bob, Julie and Izzy (Usually on all 4)
2008 Gulfstream Gladiator, Super C Toyhauler
2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ / Readybrake.
2010 Harley Ultra Classic
racefn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #6
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ah grasshopper!

Go to Lowe's, Home Depot, Walmart, Target, etc., and purchase a microfiber mop.

The one I have the handle and mop will reach the top of the windshield. The mop head swivels allowing for a little more height. Keep some Windex in the compartment where you store the mop. Spray the windshield in small increments with Windex (or other glass cleaner) and use the mop to wipe/scrub the windshield. (Works on the side windows, and all other windows in the MH for that good cleaning day.)

If you notice on the truck stop islands, the squeegees are only about 5 to 6 inches wide. I also have one like you described and it squeegees about the same 4-6 inches. I just live with it, but the microfiber mop is my preferred method.

No cost, free info.
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #7
Tiffin Owners Club
lots of great ideas. ace hardware, web sites, janitorial supplies. good luck!
monalisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #8
I bought a windshield wiper blade for this purpose. I had planed to attach a handle but never found it necessary. It has the advantage of wiping around windshield corners and cleans better than the flat ones that I also have.

Have a nice day - Darrel
2007 3912 KSDP w/350HP ISL Cummins
2003 Grand Cherokee toad w/M&G Brake
Darrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:56 AM   #9
I bought mine at Home Depot. Got a fiberglass telescoping handle that's light and telescopes to 12'. I can attach any tool that screws on; squeegee, micro fiber mop head and non-scratch wash brush.

2006 37' Damon Astoria DP 3595 Pacific Edition
2013 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD
Ozzy & Morgan - mini Dachshunds
Razzman is offline   Reply With Quote