Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-23-2014, 09:06 PM   #15
Originally Posted by RobRV View Post
We are Canadians,

Today We mourn the loss of life of One of Our fellow Countryman in a needless slaying.

The way that we were raised was to first buy a Home and pay off the mortgage.

Buy something bigger and repeat the process until We were comfortable with the results.

Then buy the Toys and other Luxury Items that we always wanted . We did that and currently Own a beautiful piece of Lakefront property with a modest ,but comfortable Home.

We drive a 2007 Model car purchased six months ago. We have a very serviceable Boat that We bought so Our Kids could waterski back in 1988 and have a 1998 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher that We have enjoyed for the last Five Years.

We have never gone to bed hungry and have travelled extensively,but still have places to see in this wonderful World!

It bothers Me to read about People who have had tough times ,but I wonder , is it possible that you have been mislead in Your quest to achieve Your Dreams?

We are certainly Not Rich, and yet , We seem to have so much more than so many !

We don't have the Newest and Shiniest , We certainly can't afford to eat out in the fanciest restaurants, heck We don't Eat Out much at all!

We don't pretend to be anything other than who and what We Are.

We have had nothing handed to Us by anyone!

The only thing that We have been given is a Public Education!

We believe that You make Your Own Luck! We don't waste money on Lottery Tickets or get rich quick schemes!

Neither My Wife or I have perfect Health and We are Not ever going to be featured on the Cover of Beautiful People Magazine.

We are not driven,but rather have been steering the Cart all our lives.

We don't want fame or fortune, but do want to keep pace with the flow of traffic.

At no time in Our lives have We ever given up Hope, sadly We have Both experienced the Loss of Family members who have.

Re evaluate Your situation and give thanks to Your God for whatever riches that You may have collected ,memories and experiences,photographs or keepsakes,it really doesn't matter if they are treasures or not!

Stop feeling sorry for yourselves and your situations you can't go back and do it again,this is not grade school!

Get on with Life...Set Your Goals and work hard to achieve them for Yourself!

Then come back here and tell Us about Your successes !
AMEN, Brother I am with you and your thoughts on how to manage your life and fiances! I was taught the same principals and have lived my life in much the same manner, and feel our family has been richly blessed.

CarlGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2014, 06:36 AM   #16

Originally Posted by Surfingmouse View Post
We are are not alone, I know it. Because of the crash in 2008, we lost jobs then in 2013 and we lost the battle to keep our home.

Now we are in a RV park and loving it. There are so many couples her that are in the same situation, most are in 5th wheels though. Why isn't there more stories about those of us?

No one said our Sr. years would be like this.
There are many people that have been placed in the same or similar financial position you find yourselves in right now. Why no more stories posted? Can't answer that. You will probably find more of them in the "Full Timers" section under RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS here at iRV2.

From what I can read into your post is that although your financial situation and way of life has changed dramatically, you and your husband are happy with the full-time lifestyle. What is most important is that you and your husband/family are together and I can see you feel that way.

No one said that our senior years would be like this.
Yep. There are no guarantees in life. I have a good government pension. My wife has a good paying government job. We have investments also, which will provide us with enough money that we will ever need to live comfortably.

What we don't have is our only child, Jennifer, who lost her five year battle with a rare childhood spinal and brain cancer at the age of 20. So, all the money in the world doesn't mean a thing to us anymore.

Even though you have taken a financial hit, I can see that you count your blessings because you have your family together. You'll make it as you work together.

[moderator edit]

Motorhomeless Clancy and Sue
Hopefully part-timing by Winter 2016
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4X4
Bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 01:08 PM   #17
Well Surfingmouse you are definitely not alone!

I have to apologize for having not read the other posts before responding (I will after)!
You are also not alone in your determination and self reliance! I owned and operated my own small businesses for 18 years and had my retirement invested in it! The "Depression of the 2000's" cost me all of it and a chunk of my health! It has been very difficult to watch 3/4 of a mil just turn to dust!
But, I too just bought a Fleetwood Bounder (38N) from the little bit I have left and will follow you into that rising from the ashes scenario!
One thing that is great about these sites is that those who have a lot in common are able to help and support one another! What is more American than that?!!
SlaterDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 06:44 PM   #18
You brought to the surface of my mind something ....

As I thought about it, there is something new and different about owning my new (old) motor home! For the first time in my life it really feels like home! Way back when I built my own house and then sold it before I bought my first business, everything up to now always had a "bank" or "lender" involved to one degree or another. Other than when I was young and in the family home, they seemed to be missing something! They never really felt like "home"! Finally, I am able to look upon my little 2400+ square feet (little more with slides out) on wheels as mine, all mine! Finally, it feels like home!
It looks like it too! Time to get cleaning and remodeling!

SlaterDoc is offline   Reply With Quote