Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2018, 06:54 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
Wouldn't your wife just allow you to buy a new Sawsall? Quite a lot of trouble to go through just to justify a needed tool!

Oh, and please tell us that you budgeted enough to buy a NEW set of BBQ tongs . . .
The tongs are gone with the stick.
2004 Montana 2955RL, 400 watt solar, 2000 watt inverter/charger, 4-Interstate 225AH 6volt golf cart batteries, All LED lights,Champion Remote start 3- fuel option 3100/3400 inverter/gen.- 2000 F-350 7.3 4x4 long bed crew cab SRW.
weredoingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2018, 07:01 AM   #44

I'm glad this problem is resolved. I'm dehydrated from all the tears of laughter spilled over this post. We've got some real quippers on here.
Old 09-11-2018, 08:10 AM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
"weredoingit" glad you got this one behind you and its all fixed.

Thanks for providing all the good chuckles and being a good sport.

You have probably developed a pretty good plan to keep this from happening in the future but you might add some stool softeners to the plan. They don't go in the toilet though.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:22 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer Guy View Post
"weredoingit" glad you got this one behind you and its all fixed.

Thanks for providing all the good chuckles and being a good sport.

You have probably developed a pretty good plan to keep this from happening in the future but you might add some stool softeners to the plan. They don't go in the toilet though.
Yeah it’s nice to be able to use our toilet again. I think I took a couple years off my life by worrying so much about it.
2004 Montana 2955RL, 400 watt solar, 2000 watt inverter/charger, 4-Interstate 225AH 6volt golf cart batteries, All LED lights,Champion Remote start 3- fuel option 3100/3400 inverter/gen.- 2000 F-350 7.3 4x4 long bed crew cab SRW.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:47 AM   #47

Location: Dan & Pam Nachel RVM #175 & 175a, three Doberman traveling companions
Quote:
Originally Posted by weredoingit View Post
Yeah it’s nice to be able to use our toilet again. I think I took a couple years off my life by worrying so much about it.

I know they say “without pictures it didn’t happen” but I could have done without the picture of the dirty stick, and don’t invite me to your bbq
DobeBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:56 AM   #48

Adventures with my wife

Sounds like one of my wifes toilet adventures.
Jima64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 11:06 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jima64 View Post
Sounds like one of my wifes toilet adventures.
I would reply, but I am already on double-triple secret probation for an indeterminate length of time because of the guy who said his dipstick stopped reaching the oil.
awol50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 12:25 PM   #50

When boondocking we dump the dishpan water into the toilet to conserve grey water tank volume.

Confused about this. Don't they both drain to the same place, so what are you saving? I would prefer to fill the gray tanks and deal with them more often than to fill the black tank quicker and having to deal with added passengers more often.

I somewhat helped a friend with a similar issue. He had a normal 5'er and could only get his black tank to hold a few gallons. I helped via advice only. No hands on.

I had him make sure it was empty before he left his last park. Then I had him measure some clean water and put it in, then go outside and drain it into a 5 gallon bucket and see of he gets the same. He didn't. Then he asked what's the green thing that you see when you look in there? What green thing? Then his wife admits to dropping the top to a liquid laundry detergent down the shoot. Only one way out so he had to dawn the oldest clothes and take apart his dump valve. Key word HE. He said it wasn't that bad after all. And it worked alot better without a green laundry soap cap blocking the way.

It's really not that bad once it's had time to dissolve and you've added some chemical. You might want to double or triple dose it before you launch your attack. Somehow, you've got to get a hand on it and just get it out. Myself, i would try filling it several times and seeing if it will whoosh out.

I had a surprise on my little Starcraft. After it's first use, I had it out and was doing some little upgrades to it. I decided what the heck, flush the tank out a couple of times just for grins. I live in the country so I just decided to water the grass with the flushing. Surprise, a full bottle of blue stuff came rushing out. There's a good chance your stick will too.
charliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 02:23 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliez View Post
When boondocking we dump the dishpan water into the toilet to conserve grey water tank volume.

Confused about this. Don't they both drain to the same place, so what are you saving? I would prefer to fill the gray tanks and deal with them more often than to fill the black tank quicker and having to deal with added passengers more often
Black tank can go a lot longer than the grey tank. So when they are boondocking for quite a few days they dump dish water in the black tank. This serves to purposes. The dish water isn’t filling up the grey tank near as fast. And they are not using fresh water to flush. If you don’t boondock for as long as you possibly can it would not matter. But when you like to stay in one spot with no hook ups for as long as possible you do a lot of creative ideas.
Old 09-16-2018, 03:22 PM   #52

Our MH has the same problem of making a sharp curve. I have solved the issue by using the awning metal pull. It won't break. Stick it down the toilet and stir. Works every time.
rv999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:24 PM   #53

Newmar Owners Club
Wink Metamucil

A couple shot of Metamucil on a daily basis will help prevent a reaccurance. Just a thought.
janelewbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:29 PM   #54

For me it would be trade in time....
Captn John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:35 PM   #55

Look at a sporting goods store for deer cleaning gloves, or farm supplies for calf delivery gloves. They go up to the shoulder. If you can see the stick, you may be able to reach it. Perhaps a length of nylon string with the last 8-10" frayed and weighted. If you can get the sting in far enough it may tangle around the stick. Long shots but..... God luck.
davendeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:58 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by weredoingit View Post
Well this is embarrassing. I did my morning routine. When I flushed my buissnes went down the toilet and got stuck at the second hole. (Told you it's embarrassing) I kept my foot on the pedal and at least a gallon of water went through and it still wouldn't go down any further. So I went out side and found a 12" pine stick. I pushed the obstruction down and then dropped the stick. I think I'm going to have some serious problems before that stick rots and turns into little pieces.
Read the rest. Please let us know how you solved it. I like the camera and the mechanical grabber. Or cheaper, a fish line with some hooks could do the trick. But it would have to be straight down.
SAVE7MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toilet