RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2019, 07:19 PM   #1

Stocking the rv, what supplies stay what goes for the season?

Hey friends, just got back from Finn's maiden voyage. We didn't have time to really stock and supply it and I was wondering what does everyone leave in during the season? We plan to do a trip once a month. What permanent items should we leave in it? We have next to nothing in it and it seems like we need everything. It seems almost overwhelming to figure out everything we need to put in it. So far I've got dishes, silverware, cups, pot/pan set, cleaning supplies, towels/linens, we needed band aids/neosporin so I bought those. I'm really good at over doing things so I am not sure how much I should pack. Thanks.

rimfire7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2019, 07:39 PM   #2

We leave everything except perishables in the coach.

Old 04-21-2019, 08:09 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
When we went once a month, we moved toiletries, food, and clothes back and forth. We left everything else inside. After a trip we would wash towels and bedding as needed, but we put them back in the rig as soon as that was done.
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:28 PM   #4

We only ever remove perishables, after a weekend, than just before freeze up we take out everything that can't freeze. Everything else stays
Rubirose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 10:09 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTTransplant View Post
When we went once a month, we moved toiletries, food, and clothes back and forth. We left everything else inside. After a trip we would wash towels and bedding as needed, but we put them back in the rig as soon as that was done.

Pretty much the way we do it.
jt
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:56 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Everything stays except perishables.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:20 AM   #7

After a trip , we empty the fridge , drain the fresh water tank and take out the dirty laundry. Everything else stays in.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:05 AM   #8
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
We empty the fridge, strip the bed, and take the clothes hamper. Everything else stays.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:23 AM   #9
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
We remove perishables. Everything else stays.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:06 AM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Skype™ to JJH3rd
Because our MH is moored in our back yard & connected to shore poawer from my shop, we have had "mouse" problems.

We now put everything that we leave in the MH into large bins with nice snap-on lids.
JJH3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 12:30 PM   #11

We remove all food after each trip, and we clean our unit well to keep pests away.
We live in a hot, humid climate, so we remove anything that can either be damaged or cause damage when in prolonged heat.
Most other things remain in the camper.
I will take sheets out and store them in the house if it will be more than a few months between trips.
Oct Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 12:54 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Over the years I've dreaded going camping in tents and the popup camper because of all the "stuff" I had to schlep out and pack, and unpack after a trip. Now that we have an RV it is our goal to make it as ready to go as possible. I keep a set of clothes and toiletries in there, staple foods like canned stuff and non perishable dried foods, stuff for the dogs, a couple cases of water and other soft drinks. So getting ready for a trip now consists mostly of grabbing some vittles out of the house fridge, topping off the water tank, checking the tire pressure and we're rolling down the road. Going through it and doing basic housekeeping and replenishment is ongoing between trips. It's almost like an extension of our house, we go in and out of there fairly regularly and keep things up, rather than do a hurried fix up/pack up before a trip.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
Mark_K5LXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 02:40 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_K5LXP View Post
Over the years I've dreaded going camping in tents and the popup camper because of all the "stuff" I had to schlep out and pack, and unpack after a trip. Now that we have an RV it is our goal to make it as ready to go as possible. I keep a set of clothes and toiletries in there, staple foods like canned stuff and non perishable dried foods, stuff for the dogs, a couple cases of water and other soft drinks. So getting ready for a trip now consists mostly of grabbing some vittles out of the house fridge, topping off the water tank, checking the tire pressure and we're rolling down the road. Going through it and doing basic housekeeping and replenishment is ongoing between trips. It's almost like an extension of our house, we go in and out of there fairly regularly and keep things up, rather than do a hurried fix up/pack up before a trip.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

As I read through this thread, the question that comes to my mind besides what we leave in the coach is "How often do you use your coach?" and "how long are your usual trips?"

Those that leave non-perishable food items - do you travel once a month or every weekend, or do you take multi-week trips through the summer months?

We use ours a couple of weekends a month with one or two week long type trips during the summer. We leave bedding and towels in, along with dinnerware. Toiletries and clothing as well as any food, including cat food and litter, is loaded just before we leave. I bring the coach to the house a day or two before we leave, and turn the fridge on to let it cool down, then load it.
jt
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 03:31 PM   #14

We leave everything except perishables.

allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote