Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2012, 04:01 PM   #1

Unhappy Stolen Mandalay 40B

I could use some help. About a month ago, our 2005 Mandalay 40B was stolen and most of the contents were removed. Fortunately, the coach was recovered and is being repaired. The problem is the top Cockpit, Dash (Console) drawer is missing. I have contacted Four Winds and Thor, unfortunately they do not make the drawer any longer and do not have one in stock. If someone can lead me in the right direction to where I might be able to purchase one or any other suggestions you may have. It would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you,

Sal & Gloria

P.S. I have
also posted this on the Mandalay forum.
sleggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #2

guess I would ask another onwer, if you can find one to take pictures and measurements and take to a cabinet maker to make you one. Just my thought.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:49 PM   #3

If the drawer is not all that important to you, maybe you could make a hinged door for the drawer area?
Nitrohorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #4

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I would try to Google RV salvage yards. Maybe someone here knows where some are at. That's the only thing I can think of. Hope things go a little smoother for you in the future.
CharlieTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:08 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
There is a huge RV salvage yard in Missiour, I'll try to find the web site.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Used Parts Search

This place has several acres of rv's that they part out. Good luck.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #7

Sorry this happened to you. RV Parts Center in Santa Ana, CA might be able to help with the various bits and pieces you need.

http://www.rvpartscenter.com
Old 11-13-2012, 09:18 PM   #8

Can't get one made? Not sure exactly what you are looking for but if it is a drawer that was made by the OEM surely there are other cabinet makers that can replicate it to match.
I would google RV renovations and see what is is your area. Some of these people are pretty good.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:49 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
RV Salvage in Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieTwo View Post
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I would try to Google RV salvage yards. Maybe someone here knows where some are at. That's the only thing I can think of. Hope things go a little smoother for you in the future.
This is very sad. There is a salvage yard here in Colorado on I25 North of Denver, it's around the Erie CO area. I will be going past the place on Monday. If you would like I will get the name and number for you. Just PM me.

Good Luck, and hope they caught the idiot who stole the coach.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:37 AM   #10

Stolen 2005 Mandalay 40B DP

We would like to thank everyone who responded to our problem. Their have been many great suggestions, and I am confident that I will be able to replace or have one made from the suggestions given. Please secure and/or alarm your RV. Mine was stored in a very secure storage facility, with gate pass, high fences and video cameras. No, I did not have an alarm system, my bad. The out come for anyone interest is pretty hard to accept. The good news is they (Male & Female) have been arrested and convicted; the not so good news is they were wanted in three different cities, in CA for Grand Theft Auto, many burglaries and possession of a controlled substance and over $300,000 worth of items stolen. For all that, they received a ONE-year sentence and three years probation and will be out in 5 to 6 months, and this is what they call justice!

Thanks again to all that responded,

S&G
Old 11-14-2012, 10:41 AM   #11

I know how you feel,I had abookeeper embezzle money and then burnt my building to try and hide it,she got 6 months in jail and then probation.
greezykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Most any competent cabinet shop ought to be able to make a matching replacement. It's not rocket science.

One such would be Greg Mies at "From Trees to These" in Decatur, IN. Greg specializes in RV cabinetry. I'm sure there is one near you as well.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:46 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
Most any competent cabinet shop ought to be able to make a matching replacement. It's not rocket science.

One such would be Greg Mies at "From Trees to These" in Decatur, IN. Greg specializes in RV cabinetry. I'm sure there is one near you as well.
Thank you,

I will check it out
Old 11-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleggio View Post
We would like to thank everyone who responded to our problem. Their have been many great suggestions, and I am confident that I will be able to replace or have one made from the suggestions given. Please secure and/or alarm your RV. Mine was stored in a very secure storage facility, with gate pass, high fences and video cameras. No, I did not have an alarm system, my bad. The out come for anyone interest is pretty hard to accept. The good news is they (Male & Female) have been arrested and convicted; the not so good news is they were wanted in three different cities, in CA for Grand Theft Auto, many burglaries and possession of a controlled substance and over $300,000 worth of items stolen. For all that, they received a ONE-year sentence and three years probation and will be out in 5 to 6 months, and this is what they call justice!

Thanks again to all that responded,

S&G
Wow. That punishment hardly fits the crime. Glad it turned out OK for you after all was said and done.