Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2018, 05:22 AM   #57

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCreek View Post
As a business owner, you have to tread a fine line between customer service (and responsibility) and security. Security is a double-edged knife. Your tenant that is a victim of theft wants you to immediately turn over all surveillance footage for the past ten years when something happens, while the other 50 tenants want their privacy respected against undue search (Fourth Amendment Concerns). If you as a landlord are too eager to turn over surveillance on your customers, you could run afoul of privacy laws protecting those unaffected from the crime.

As much as it seems the owner is being inconsiderate at this point, please try to look at it from his (and his other tenants) viewpoint. Those same issues of privacy pop up regularly in communications when the police want to pull all of someone's call records and internet activity. Just suppose if the phone company or your ISP provides all of that info without a warrant? Sometimes we have to make the system work, as slow as it is....

Oh, you can't edit the title, can you? It should read "Why request a warrant" If I don't keep a close watch on my fingers, there's no telling what they'll type!
If you accused the owner of having faulty security and unlocked gates I bet he’d pull the footage to prove he wasn’t the issue. Your insurance was probably based on storage in a secure lot. Let them battle it out with your storage lot’s insurance co.
mvpmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2018, 06:05 AM   #58

I’ll look for you on the west slope of Colorado
Capt Bill nailed it ,storage facility is suspicious
Will travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:39 AM   #59

Monaco Owners Club
Agree, I would guess they, or someone associated with them, is involved !
Old 07-09-2018, 10:28 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
Agree, I would guess they, or someone associated with them, is involved !
Wow, will keep an eye out. I am up 285 bailey area. Would be easy to hide up here.
I didn't like where I had my RV when I was down in the burbs. It snowed I needed my rv and asked them why they didn't plow since it was a 24/7 lot. They said it wasn't there responsibility. Also alot of rv breakins, they blamed it on the meth problems.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:33 AM   #61

Tiffin Owners Club
Stolen Rv

I would be willing to bet that the storage facility doesn’t even have a video. The reason I say that is because years ago I lived in a condo that was gated with video surveillance. My car was broken into and the window was broken and the radio was stolen. When I went to the HOA to get the video to give to the police. Much to my dismay it wasn’t working.
So fast forward to your situation. Being that it is a storage facility, they me on the hook for your loss especially if they don’t have video. And if they have signs indicating so.
Good luck, hope they find it .
Jocko462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 10:49 AM   #62

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCreek View Post
As a business owner, you have to tread a fine line between customer service (and responsibility) and security. Security is a double-edged knife. Your tenant that is a victim of theft wants you to immediately turn over all surveillance footage for the past ten years when something happens, while the other 50 tenants want their privacy respected against undue search (Fourth Amendment Concerns). If you as a landlord are too eager to turn over surveillance on your customers, you could run afoul of privacy laws protecting those unaffected from the crime.

As much as it seems the owner is being inconsiderate at this point, please try to look at it from his (and his other tenants) viewpoint. Those same issues of privacy pop up regularly in communications when the police want to pull all of someone's call records and internet activity. Just suppose if the phone company or your ISP provides all of that info without a warrant? Sometimes we have to make the system work, as slow as it is....

Oh, you can't edit the title, can you? It should read "Why request a warrant" If I don't keep a close watch on my fingers, there's no telling what they'll type!

Totally disagree...What are you going do, wait 2 - 3 month to go thru the court system to "finally" see the video. The business owner is most likely worried that if it was a inside job, he might have some liability. So why are the cameras there in the first place, to protect the paying customers assets or the owners building. Here it looks like the customer is "Last".
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 10:57 AM   #63

Make sure you call all states d m v in every state around you & your state give them the report # and vin # they can send a report to all states so no one can get a change out of your name. Contract your ins . Co. And ask them to put it out so they can nt get ins. From any other company's too. Good luck..
sneice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:30 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocko462 View Post
I would be willing to bet that the storage facility doesn’t even have a video. The reason I say that is because years ago I lived in a condo that was gated with video surveillance. My car was broken into and the window was broken and the radio was stolen. When I went to the HOA to get the video to give to the police. Much to my dismay it wasn’t working.
So fast forward to your situation. Being that it is a storage facility, they me on the hook for your loss especially if they don’t have video. And if they have signs indicating so.
Good luck, hope they find it .
After my pushing the police and in turn, the police pushing on the storage facility, it sounds as though they may have located some video evidence. They are still withholding until they can have it reviewed by their attorney but claim they will be forwarding it to investigators soon. We'll see........
The Breeze1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:35 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
Totally disagree...What are you going do, wait 2 - 3 month to go thru the court system to "finally" see the video. The business owner is most likely worried that if it was a inside job, he might have some liability. So why are the cameras there in the first place, to protect the paying customers assets or the owners building. Here it looks like the customer is "Last".
I tend to agree with you. The back story here is that the storage facility allowed another renter to live "on-site" in his RV for nearly 6 months despite my continued protests. Conveniently our RV left around the same time this guy eventually vacated. Despite this fact, the storage facility still won't provide authorities with this guys information. I suspect they know he was involved and are doing what they can to protect themselves from liability. Super frustrating!!!
Old 07-09-2018, 01:40 PM   #66

Winnebago Owners Club
Cool Sorry

Unfortunately the key word here is Aurora CO.

Good Luck, will keep and eye out.
Chiefig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 04:06 PM   #67

I saw an RV that looked similar today 7/9/18 at 10:15 am on the shoulder of the road westbound I-70 just west of I-225 intersection. It looked abandoned. We were going from Aurora/Buckley to downtown Denver. If I had not been running late I would have doubled back and stopped to get more information. I hope this helps.
Andrew
andrew54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 04:12 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew54 View Post
I saw an RV that looked similar today 7/9/18 at 10:15 am on the shoulder of the road westbound I-70 just west of I-225 intersection. It looked abandoned. We were going from Aurora/Buckley to downtown Denver. If I had not been running late I would have doubled back and stopped to get more information. I hope this helps.
Andrew

Was it this rather unique looking RV?

Old 07-09-2018, 07:37 PM   #69

What stood out in mind when I looked at the pictures here in the forum yesterday was the angel of the front window and the overall shape of the RV. When I was driving by the RV on I-70 at 60+ miles per hour was the shape of the front and the overall shape of the RV. It looked very similar. The age of the RV looked similar as well.
I think it would be worth going by to look at and if it gets tagged to call the police to see if it was impounded. I see a lot of tagged cars on the roadside for days. So my guess is that it should still be there.
I hope the above helps and I wish I had more time to go back but I'm working a lot these days. If I happen to go by it again I will stop and take pictures.
Andrew
andrew54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:24 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew54 View Post
What stood out in mind when I looked at the pictures here in the forum yesterday was the angel of the front window and the overall shape of the RV. When I was driving by the RV on I-70 at 60+ miles per hour was the shape of the front and the overall shape of the RV. It looked very similar. The age of the RV looked similar as well.
I think it would be worth going by to look at and if it gets tagged to call the police to see if it was impounded. I see a lot of tagged cars on the roadside for days. So my guess is that it should still be there.
I hope the above helps and I wish I had more time to go back but I'm working a lot these days. If I happen to go by it again I will stop and take pictures.
Andrew
Hey Andrew,

Thanks so much for keeping an eye out for us!! Ironically I saw that same RV on West Bound I70 on Saturday after dropping family at the airport. I believe it was an Winny but it caught my eye as well!! Hoping ours turns up soon!!!