Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris hayes View Post
Hi my name is Chris Hayes,my Coachmen Mirada 34bh class A (white)and Red Corvette on a silver trailer was stolen from American Rv park in Albuquerque around the 3rd or 4th of July.It has been reported to Bernalillo Sheriff dept case number 13 - 651554,phone number 505 798 7000.

I am offering a $5000 dollar reward leading to the recovery of my rig.My phone number in Australia is 011 61 7 40984101 email chrishayeslaptop@gmail.com

I could really use some help,i am an Australian and have been RVing in your great country for 5 years.Plate number Rv is 4C4858C,Corvette 4C5958F,Trailer 4C7419F Montana registration and contact in Montana is my attorney John Bennett 406 360 8242

thanks Chris Hayes
Did the corvette have onstar ? Looks like it may be a new enough model. If so
just have onstar GPS track it.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2013, 06:34 PM   #30

Makes a case for owning an ENCLOSED trailer for a nice item like this.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:50 PM   #31

I would agree with OnStar, if it had it - hopefully it did and that can be used to track.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:53 PM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I don't think an enclosed trailer would have changed a thing. The CG is only a few miles from some sort of prison facility and on the far west side of ABQ. I have stayed there before and the new sites are wide open for easy view. I would stay there again - but don't think I would leave a a Motorhome or anything sit there unattended. Gated and locked storage facility is the only way to go and even then things can happen.

So sorry this happened to you.
Steve
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #33

National RV Owners Club
As someone said earlier there is a good chance it's below the Border. Too bad we don't have check stations going across the border. A lot of vehicles would be saved.

I'll keep my eyes open in my area, sure would be nice to see both units returned to you.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobeth66 View Post
I would agree with OnStar, if it had it - hopefully it did and that can be used to track.
Hi unfortunatly no onstar,Chris
Old 07-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #35

Thor Owners Club
Chris, This is bad news for sure, Sorry about it and not sure how to go about recovery.
I take it that the keys for the vet were either inside your rig perhaps?
I suspect your unit went south but I could be wrong.

About 3 years ago, we had relation that had 5r and Truck in a Park in AZ. They went on a cruise and when they returned to the park, the truck was gone. Police theorized that it went south.

We all hope for the best outcome in this for you.
I would have to ask the question to other reading...... How does one preclude this from happening?
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:09 AM   #36
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
The only thing you can do is not leave your stuff unattended unfortunately.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:16 AM   #37

DW and I used to leave our B camper in an open lot for months, while cruising. I installed a hidden battery disconnect switch with removable key. Came back once to find door lock pulled out, hood open, and marks where some slime ball tried to jump start it. Insurance covered damage to lock. I installed the switch in the cable from battery to starter. Cheaper than alarm system!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:58 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Harriet View Post
DW and I used to leave our B camper in an open lot for months, while cruising. I installed a hidden battery disconnect switch with removable key. Came back once to find door lock pulled out, hood open, and marks where some slime ball tried to jump start it. Insurance covered damage to lock. I installed the switch in the cable from battery to starter. Cheaper than alarm system!
I agree, i install kill switch's in all my vehicle's. It's almost fun looking for a place or a way to hide them. A pen put in a special spot is a good one, next time i may try a magnetic switch....
Old 08-11-2013, 12:56 AM   #39

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris hayes View Post
Hi my name is Chris Hayes,my Coachmen Mirada 34bh class A (white)and Red Corvette on a silver trailer was stolen from American Rv park in Albuquerque around the 3rd or 4th of July.It has been reported to Bernalillo Sheriff dept case number 13 - 651554,phone number 505 798 7000.

I am offering a $5000 dollar reward leading to the recovery of my rig.My phone number in Australia is 011 61 7 40984101 email chrishayeslaptop@gmail.com

I could really use some help,i am an Australian and have been RVing in your great country for 5 years.Plate number Rv is 4C4858C,Corvette 4C5958F,Trailer 4C7419F Montana registration and contact in Montana is my attorney John Bennett 406 360 8242

thanks Chris Hayes
Chris,

Any update that you would like to share?
Old 08-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #40
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
There is no definitive way to protect a car from being stolen, even a kill switch.

Most of the time the perpetrators just want it to chop down, so, winch in onto a trailer and drive away - all depends on how much time they have, or, jack it up and put wheel dollies under it, or, use a wrecker. Doesn't matter if they scrub the wheels down when they tow it around the corner, pop the window and release any brake locking mechnisims, or quickly disconnect the drive shaft. They just don't care.

Now pulling an RV up on a flatbed would be a challenge, but it can be done.

It's just the pessimist in me.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:20 PM   #41

their are numerous anti theft items on the market that are designed for MH. Check the net and you will get plenty of ideas
Old 08-11-2013, 08:28 PM   #42

giving this was so many days ago i am sure if there was a video that its no more

if you was here in the usa talking to a bank or ATM setting next to the road would have video of that many days back but getting this would be so so hard

cops could look at some roiling all the time red light cams but again you dont live here so getting some one to move on that is hard

guys in the RV park that would be next to you would have moved on / or could not recall

i would really keep a eye out on CL and ebay for parts that was your same year RV/car

if you find some thing that stands out email and ask them for a vin to make sure it well fit your year car/rv fake part your looking for if its some one not thinking you may get some info you need for the cops

you see this alot when ppl take a AC unit off the side of the house 2 months latter its on CL with out and with pics again email for pics

you are the one that going to find it/find what left of this thing on your own

PS look on CL down south you may find the RV/car in one piece there