Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #43

I slipped a buddy $100 to help me run 75' of Romex for 50A service next to my garage. Even when it's 110 out, I can fire up both ACs and do whatever work I need to do. Neighbor doesn't care if I'm up tinkering way past midnight. I get bored if I don't have something to work on. I've been known to break stuff so I have something to do.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2011, 07:54 PM   #44

Monaco Owners Club
Not a problem here, 3.5 acres. Built a covered pad with 50 amp power and water attached to my 1200 sf workshop. I understand not keeping it a home if you don't have the room but, if you can, it's just to convenient to have it at home to clean and maintain.

--------------------
38' Safari 400 Cat
Wrangler Rubicon toad
Harleys and Hot Rods

Old 09-07-2011, 09:37 PM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
Please don't hate me for this, BUT I store mine in my garage. When we bought our house 20 years ago I made sure we had enough room to put in a really big garage. The economy went south and builders were looking for work Soooo I built a 1,800 sq ft garage with a raised center section for a Motorhome which I knew I would never have, the truck and camper were just fine, Ah ha until I retired and guess what, thats right we love our Motorhome. Am I lucky ? You bet I am.
No choice not to hate you, you have your RV in your garage. Hadn't thought about that until you brought it up. I think the only way for me to get the DW to approve that remodel would be if a tree feel on our garage. I wonder if she would notice the chain saw cut????
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:52 PM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I can't use the excuse of using as a guest house since we have the pool house. I'm going to use the security argument. It needs to be at the house where we can keep and eye on it.

We have 1.5 acres but she has landscaped every inch and is not going to want to see a poll barn set up, besides I think city ordinances hold me to one out building and I use that putting in the pool house.

Already have the 50 amp service and water hooks ups, just need to move the sewer line closer.

The cheapest inside storage with heat that is reasonably close to us is $200.00 monthly. I think thats a bit steep. I like the inside storage for obvious reasons but $200.00 is real money. Not to mention not being able to tinker. Like a previous poster said, it's better at home with all your tools handy.

Feeling pretty brave about demanding the DW let me keep it at home but I'm currently in AK and she is in Ohio. Not nearly as brave when we are in the same state.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:59 AM   #47
SRT

Monaco Owners Club
When we built our place a motor home pad next to the garage was part of the plan. Our motor home garage has 30amp, sewer dump and I hook the water hose on the outside of the garage "pass-thru" if I need water. The motor home is now 12 years old (bought new in July 1999) and we want it to last.
SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:09 AM   #48

Costs me $320 per month to store my RV.

Well, that's not quite the exact truth. I live in a Sr. community & the $320 per month also includes all charges associated with living there, including real estate taxes, maintenance, (both inside & outside) lawn care, snow & trash removal, etc. Am also fortunate that I am able to park RV in a gated & fenced yard at no additional cost. Overall, not a bad deal.

jodann
Old 09-10-2011, 08:59 PM   #49

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by w6pea View Post
We keep ours in a gated storage area about 2 miles from the condo. The HOA Gestapo has a conniption fit when you bring one home to even load it.
What really stinks about this is we had our power go out thanks to some one doing maintenance in Yuma, day before yesterday. We had no way to get in our storage lot to get our RV or any thing we had for survival gear in it. I have a back up battery for my Bi-Pap Machine which really would help having it at home. (we went and got it out of the RV yesterday afternoon) So now it's another item we need to carry back and forth to the RV.

I would buy a spare one but they are a little expensive. I already have two spare Bi-Pap Machines one in the RV and one we carry back and forth. The only problem with that is my extra machine that I had bought for in the RV is now being used here at home because one of my machines developed a bad whining noise. So it was sent in for repair and it's not back yet that was almost 6 months ago now.

I think maybe I better call them on Monday.
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:09 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by w6pea
We keep ours in a gated storage area about 2 miles from the condo. The HOA Gestapo has a conniption fit when you bring one home to even load it.
I've heard stories about those people. I would never live anywhere that had an HOA. Give someone a little power and they take advantage of it.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:57 PM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I've heard stories about those people. I would never live anywhere that had an HOA. Give someone a little power and they take advantage of it.
I can't begin to imagine how bad it would go for a neighbor who tried to tell me what I could or couldn't do on my property. I do know it wouldn't be a good day for them.
Too many rules and governing bodies in the world now. Certainly wouldn't sign up for more.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:33 PM   #52

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
Even if I'm not working or tinkering on it I just like the idea of looking at it
My sentiments exactly. I would really hate to have to store my RV in a lot somewhere. I don't have hook-ups or a building to put it in, but I hope to one day.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:35 PM   #53

Quote:
I live in a HOA; been here over 40 years; been fighting with them for over 40 years; when I had my house built there wasn't a HOA.
The management firm sent a rep down to my house about a month ago, he said that most homeowners don't care one way or the other if I had a motorhome parked beside my home; there was just one or two that are complaining, as far as he and most of the folks that live here, they could care less about the motorhome. It's always the couple of people with nothing to do that cause problems for everyone.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:56 PM   #54

Make you want to reach out and shake the stupid out of them. Although:

"There is a cure for ignorance, but none for stupidity"
Old 09-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #55

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Make you want to reach out and shake the stupid out of them. Although:

"There is a cure for ignorance, but none for stupidity"
Yep, you can't fixed stupid.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:20 PM   #56

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
Yep, you can't fixed stupid.
I have a sign that I have had for many years........

-------------Stress----------
That confusion created when ones mind overrides the body's desire to choke the living s%%%% out of some Adam Henry who desperately need it !!

YEEEEP you can't fix stupid.

HOA Gestapo in a nutshell!

"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage