Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2017, 03:07 PM   #15

Passport America and Good Sam. Got KOA for a year with my new TT, never used it; far as I'm concerned the prices are too high even with their discount. Your results may vary.

Also have the National Parks Lifetime Senior Pass (AKA America the Beautiful), which is a real bargain if you're 62 or older. BTW, someone mentioned that it's $10 earlier in this thread, but beware that it is going up to at least $80 by 2018 (maybe earlier). Hey, it's still a bargain even at that price.

The $10 price applies if you get it at a National Park. You can also get it online, but it costs $20 that way. I'm going to use it for the first time this year, going to Acadia National Park.

Good luck!

Roger
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2017, 03:20 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Sam for store,camping discounts and road side assist.
Passport America for camping discounts of 50% off. Usually applies for M-Th stays, but pays for itself after a couple stays.
We also have the Senior Pass. Got ours on line for $20.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 07:12 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
New RV coming in June, first timer here.
I've heard of Good Sam, Kountry Klub (Newmar) - I'm interested in what services,
subscriptions,
memberships I should be armed with. I'll be looking into
USAA/Progressive for insurance as the time approaches but what other clubs, insurances, etc. should I get including fuel savings program?
Neal,

You have probably already made your decisions here - But - IMHO just wait, see what you are doing and what works for you.

Will your new lifestyle be a Day - a Week - a Month - in each location - sort of what is the Mission statement, as all these different services serve, different needs.

For Example - when we just travel - we usually are only in a single spot for less than a week and often just a day - so for those times Good Sams and Passport America Work well - FMCA, I'd suggest as having that plate on your Coach will open many a conversation, not to mention discounts. All the rest are IMHO on a need Basis. (Get them only if they pay off for you) We learned that for us Passport America worked - and when we Full Timed - Part Time - we would hang out in Colorado for months at a time, sort of a second home (Grandaughters lived there) so the Good Sam's discount paid for itself. But that was all we needed - What we found out was that we could travel Long Distances using Wal*Mart for a couple of days and then roll into a Passport America to dump-fill the water tanks,

Another thing we learned was we did not enjoy Crowds - we love People - Just not Crowds - so we found that the best time for us to go to the sights was in the Shoulder seasons - Less People - more Animals - Easier to see and Enjoy - I could go on and on but think I'm past my limit, so Best of Luck and Start a Blog/Journal so we can share your Adventure

Good Sam Club

https://www.fmca.com/index.php?optio...ode=SAVE105050

Passport America The original 50% Discount Camping Club - Passport America Discount Camping Club

https://mobilerving.com/blog/5-best-...-for-new-rvers

Just informative;

RVcruzer.com - Home Page

Road to Yellowstone

RV Electrical Systems

rving - now in a sail boat - but a lot of good info -

Best of luck hope this helps,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 07:17 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks Arnold! Great info...no, haven't done anything yet as coach pickup is June so I'm waiting until closer to that time and just absorbing the suggestions for when it's go time.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:50 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper2 View Post
Good Sam for store,camping discounts and road side assist.
Passport America for camping discounts of 50% off. Usually applies for M-Th stays, but pays for itself after a couple stays.
We also have the Senior Pass. Got ours on line for $20.

I neglected to address the insurance question. We have USAA for both our cars and home insurance, great company. For the MH we use National General. They have a favorable rate and allow you to switch coverage while in storage.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 01:27 AM   #20

Freightliner Owners Club
You may want a quote from Progressive on your RV. We have better coverage for less than our auto (State Farm) insurance could provide.

2016 F250 6.7
db7512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:38 AM   #21

One counter point here for State Farm, the insurance prices may be higher, but they do have a fairly good road side assistance / towing option that only costs $12 per year.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:47 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Somebody mentioned in one of my other threads about the Freightliner Chassis Owners Club. I researched it and it's free for the first year for new RV owners. If you aren't aware and want to join, go to: https://www.fcocrv.org/
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance