Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #15

I had my right knee done on April 30, 2010. The first six weeks were difficult but everyday was an improvement. PT is important and I looked forward to each session. I would go in really tight and with some pain. An hour later I was ready to run a marathon (well I felt I could, anyway). Right at the six month mark I felt like I was almost good as new. It will never be absolutely like natural but pretty darn close. The most difficult part in the first two weeks was the constipation from pain killers. Be sure and take the laxatives, you're going to need them. Vitamin E oil is good for the scar.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2012, 03:43 PM   #16
CD

Just got word that I am being moved to rehab this afternoon. They say I'm doing great (hope so). Pain is not bad most of the time and I am able get up and around by myself. Well, to a point anyway. We were able to replace the car before surgery so DW is happy about that.

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Sounds like the knee is moving right along - good job! I had one done in July 2005 and the second done three months later. First one I was too careful (didn't want to tear it up) and took longer in therapy but the 2nd one I was a "pro" and had figured out it wouldn't tear up so I pushed as hard as I could - done with therapy and back to normal in just 6 weeks. I love my knees! Best thing next to Lasik that I have done for myself. You will feel that way too very shortly! Good luck!
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #18

Texting and driving = Being really,really good at being stupid doesn't count.
Dick Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #19
CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
Texting and driving = Being really,really good at being stupid doesn't count.
The State trooper said he was getting a really,really big ticket. Does that count?

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:13 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to retiredmsgt2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD View Post
The State trooper said he was getting a really,really big ticket. Does that count?
I believe the solution to the cellphone use while driving is found in the name of the instrument. You should be put in a cell for using the phone while driving. Can't imagine any situation that would be made worse by pulling off the road to make/accept a call, and then continue down the road. Most cellphones will record the number if you have to miss a call while searching for a safe place to stop, and it is a simple process to press "SEND", and reconnect with the caller. Don't forget your first priority as a driver is to DRIVE. Besides, I may be the guy in front of you...and I have my lawyer's phone number on speed dial.
retiredmsgt2 is offline   Reply With Quote