Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-01-2012, 10:11 AM   #15
Doesn't it make you wonder what people do with the manuals that come with a RV.Mine are in a drawer in the RV(all the paper work).I question the same for an auto,what do they do with the manual?

2011 Montana-3400RL
Towed by[B]'99 F-350 SD PSD DRW Lariat
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #16
Damon Owners Club
Well done! You are successfully on your way to become a seasoned RVer. If in the future, you just happen to make a mistake, don't be discouraged, as we have all been there, no matter how much experience we might have.

As to the black tank, I would suggest to you that you dump it after each outing and then make sure that you have several gallons of water in it to prevent any solidification of any solids that may be left. Just make certain that you have plenty of liquids in the tank prior to dumping. Just continue to flush water into the toilet until you have sufficient water to facilitate the dump. By dumping after each outing, you won't be driving around with a black tank with sewage in it.

howdja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:38 AM   #17
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Another black tank tip is to dump a bag of ICE in there right before you travel. It will serve to scrub the bottom and sides and keep it squeaky-clean.
2002 National Dolphin LX 6356
Workhorse W-22 chassis
Don't believe everything you think.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:47 AM   #18
I think some dealers remove anything with the prior owners name on it. If a manual had their name, they want to protect the PO's privacy rights. I asked my salesman for all the manuals and he said he asked the PO. I didn't believe him; something about the way he answered.
2004 32' National Sea Breeze 1311 Class A on a F-53 Chassis, CHF, TST TPMS, 5Star Tune.
If Dunner (RVM23) can't fix it, it ain't broke!
Cheap Handling Fix Poll. Click Here to vote?
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:09 PM   #19
Originally Posted by RichR View Post
Doesn't it make you wonder what people do with the manuals that come with a RV.Mine are in a drawer in the RV(all the paper work).I question the same for an auto,what do they do with the manual?
My DH's auto manuals were mixed up in a pile of crap that was removed to a shelf in the garage so the car could be cleaned. He never looked at the pile of crap again. THAT'S what happens to manuals, if they aren't put away.
Susan in Music with Mizz Bizzy
bertnspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #20
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club

Hey, don't you worry about it. I'm a 66 year old female, didn't drive anything bigger then a pickup hauling a 20 ft flat trailer till 3 years ago.

My first motorhome was a 27 ft Class C with tag axle, I was scared to death, it was old too. we did a lot of work on it, but I didn't like it, couldn't see good enough, we sold it. I had bought a 2005 Winnebago Sightseer, heck it needed work too. It was 29 ft and I was petrified, I drove it several places and hubby insisted I have a toad, I said I can't do it, he said oh yes you can. So we got a little Saturn, well I can tell you I drove that thing 20000 miles in a little over a year.

But it didn't have a W/D, and the bathroom wasn't what I wanted plus I think hubby wanted a diesel pusher anyway so we bought this REALLY old 1992 American Eagle. We knew it had issues but not as many as we have found. If you have read in tech lately you will see the electrical issues I'm working on. I jumped in and with the help of my tenant, we are wiping them out one by one.

By the way I am married, actually for 44 years this month. But my husband works overseas, right now he only gets home 4 times a year, so I'm basically traveling only with my 41 year old mentally challenged daughter and our kitty. Lady, if I can do this so can you. Now I'm worried again about this one as I'm moving up from 30 ft to 38 with a toad! I did lose my slides going this old, but DD and I will be fine. I have to even get a CDL B in Texas to drive it. I hope by fall to have it ready. I'm working on all the coach and electrical stuff, the chassis and engine, transmisson, and gennie stuff is hubbies baliwick. If he doesn't get all through it like he wants I will take to a motorhome place to finish up.

I have learned a ton about electrical with my tenants help and we are able to fix it so far. I'm very excited and hope I can go this fall.

Hubby wanted me to keep the Winnie till he went over this one, but I had a cash offer and I was afraid to pass it up, I sure am glad I took it now with the gas prices going up.

So congratulations and enjoy. You will find if folks on one forum don't know, you can check with another, and also research on the web and you will be fine. Just keep a sense of adventure and be willing to learn. And go out and enjoy it, you sure will I know.
PatStab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:21 PM   #21
First adventures with the motorhome

Hi,welcome to the forum. You have been given alot of good advice. Seems like you have a good dose of common sense. Going to the library or internet for camping is spot on. Remember when you are camping and something comes up you can always ask a fellow camper to help you out or explain something. Some state parks have a person with a (CAP) camper assistence program. They have a sign in front of their site. They are to help you out with any problems or questions. They can also tell you about services/attractions in the area where you are. No matter how many years you have been camping something will come up(break). Each place you camp will be different. Some trips will be without any problems. Best of luck in all your adventures.
Smeraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:38 PM   #22
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I guess all I can really add is

John & Cathy R.
06 Pace Arrow 38L W24
08 Lincoln MKX AWD
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is online now   Reply With Quote