Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2014, 08:59 PM   #43

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My dutch star came with 4 servants. Sure we have to change ones diaper still, provide unlimited texting and Internet for two of them, and plenty of cartoons to entertain the 4th, but it sure is great to have a servant to dump the black
Tanks, get storage items from below, and make sure that we all know how far out destination is.

To be fair, our fleetwood discovery had the same feature, and did a great job. It was the moment in Wyoming when i had to have the DW detach the toad and follow me up the steep hills that made the decision for a new coach. No comparison with a isb vs isl.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2014, 09:49 PM   #44

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforus
We were just having a little fun with this, hope we didn't come across wrong to anyone, I think we all should remember that we're all Rv'ers, with a love of seeing America and meeting folks along the way. We hope everyone enjoys their brand, It's kinda funny that full grown people can regress back to High School team loyalties ( our team is red hot!!, your team is full of snot!)

Aw heck, the maid forgot the the chocolate on the pillows AGAIN!!!
I guess I should apologize as well, as I actually thought the original Entegra stink bug post was kind of funny - and referencing it here even funnier. I guess i was wrong. As for SOB (some other brand) - we're perfectly happy seeing sights and meeting people in our Bounder. We're hardly the type that needs reminding we're all RVers.

Many apologies and blessings on you and your maids camels.

On Edit - the thread is actually called Stowaways.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:58 AM   #45
Community Administrator

Here's a nice factory option.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1566310829.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	56502

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:09 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfunde01 View Post
I'm pretty sure that the live in maid option is only available on the King Aire and the Heritage.
Gives new meaning to comfort drive!
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:09 AM   #47
Community Administrator

Let's knock off the personal comments. It's not allowed here. Talk about the topic , not each other. I've deleted a few of these posts. Thanks

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:10 AM   #48

Tiffin Owners Club
Everyone looks at coaches from their own viewpoint, so it is hard to differentiate what is objectively better verses what subjectively more desirable. We stopped at Lazydays and had a chance to jump into a few different motorhomes and not one of them is perfect. We loved the interior feel of the Anthem, but didn't like the gun-slit windows and tiny cabinets. Our coach is 6' shorter and yet has way more useable storage. The Allegro Bus had a wonderful layout and storage, but uncomfortable seating and I would need to know more about that Powerglide chassis. The Winnebago Tour was certainly a big step below the other 2 but had the most wonderful seats and sofa with built-in recliners that I have ever seen in a MH. Still I couldn't buy it just for that, so I am left wondering why I would have to pay triple what my MH is worth now to still have to make sacrifices in what I want? It's pretty apparent that most owners are willing to overlook what is lacking in their MH to enjoy what suits them about it.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:06 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Let's knock off the personal comments. It's not allowed here. Talk about the topic , not each other. I've deleted a few of these posts. Thanks
Thank-you.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:48 PM   #50

Undecided

Well, frankly, there are several mfg. with good reputations; Newmar, Tiffin, Entegra, and others. The chassis and accessorials are the same or similar. Thinking that we will wait until the old Safari poops out before considering anything.......
Shacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:18 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post

OK...let me repeat what I said in a different way...

The TRW agreement with Newmar has expired. According to the Newmar sales executive, Newmar has an exclusive agreement with Spartan and FL (Not TRW) that Spartan and FL would not put CD (Comfort or Column Drive) on chassis for other competitors for an additional 2 years after the TRW deal expired. I suppose that could be renegotiated but that is not something being talked about yet.

So...if a MH has a Spartan or FL chassis, it will only have CD if is being used with a Newmar product. It would appear, as you alluded to, that since this is not an agreement with TRW that others that make or obtain non Spartan or FL chassis might very well have Column Drive on them. I just didn't address that factor since this thread was about Entegra and Newmar thus not a factor for this thread.........
THANKS for your more complete explanation of this "exclusivity" issue. I knew the TRW commitment had expired, but didn't know Newmar had found another way to maintain the CD advantage. Smart people, those Millers.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:59 PM   #52

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
It's pretty apparent that most owners are willing to overlook what is lacking in their MH to enjoy what suits them about it.
You are correct. That's the way it is and always will be unless someone builds a perfect coach. I wouldn't wait for that!
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:57 PM   #53

Owner of a Newmar DutchStar 011, our problems have been limited with Newmar, they were great to re do some "stuff" when we bought it, FMCA Nat.011.
We have issues with Freightliner, they don't play well with the other children, Cummins-Allison. The FrtL dealer, SA, told me would have to leave coach up to 2 weeks to get a 15min recall inspection. FL factory says they possibly can handle it while I attend there "school" next fall. Houston guy is great, last time I was in punched a $1000.hole in the MoHo while maneuvering his minefield.
Buy another? Possibly, Spartin Chassis. Cummins does there service.
The TRW steer system Newmar touts, is unbelievable, that would be a big factor.
Toured Entegra plant, 2 yrs ago, at that time it was massively disorganized, understand they have moved. Will have another look this year, probably buy 15 or 16.
Friends with Entegra units brag non stop, also always on the way to the plant, or just came, "sorta" Tiffin like, those guys are always on the way to visit Bob.
TriciaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:42 PM   #54

Entegra Owners Club
Well, first I don't think you can go wrong buying a Newmar. Great coaches but you do pay for the additional capability to customize the many more floor plans.

As to sword fight, I don't think anyone believes that it is necessary or useful. Probably why this thread died a few months ago.

Little difference between factories and processes as well as build approach. I'm at the 1.5 year point with my Entegra. Been to the factory for warrantee service once, primarily because I needed warrantee paint work from Precision, their painter. Beyond that, we return to the factory just like Newmar folks can if they want, because we like the service there. No way it'll be anything like Tiffin any time soon...they only warrantee service, by appointment usually made six months in advance or further, and they only service ten coaches at a time. They offer a one time PDI during the two year warrantee period at the factory, if you choose, where they will go completely through the coach, fix what you know is broke, and what you may not know about. They update where they can, and they treat you very well. Yes, Entegra folks can be very...let's call it loyal (some call us rabid), but JMHO, about the same as Newmar.

Visit the factories and make your choice. I think you'll be happy with either.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:58 AM   #55

I do think that Newmar's 2015 line up is a definite challenge to Entegra. The Dutch Star is now more Anthem like and the Ventana is closer to the Aspire and the London Aire looks to me like a direct challenge to the Cornerstone. So far Entegra has been very soft on releasing new floorplans so I'm not sure if this is just the company being satisfied with the acceptance level of their coaches or if it is the calm before a storm of new floorplans. Most folks agree that Entegra's major short fall is their lack of floorplan choices so now the question is how will they address that issue.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:37 AM   #56

Entegra Owners Club
Ed, Tadd Jenkins and I have had this very discussion via email two weeks ago....slightly different reason. There is actually a new Facebook thread available via the Newmar website that shows a lot of pictures of their 2015 line up. Not exactly an update of the web site for 2015, but at least you get a look. The main thing I suspect, is it still going to cost you a boatload more cash for that custom ability with Newmar. Not bad. But they are squarely tackling the Entegra challenge.

The key to their offerings appears to continue to embrace the full wall slide....something Ted Cook said that Entegra is experimenting with. I am still reading other threads on FWS issues, and it looks like Newmar is doing all it can to cut the weight on the FWS, suggesting that there are still concerns there to, but maybe that is just my imagination. One thing for sure, FWS opens a lot of new options while satisfying the "world's" need for a bath and a half.

For me, I love my DEQ floor plan. I'd like to see Entegra do a 45 foot DEQ with a single bath in the center using a residential shower.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar