Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-17-2014, 08:13 PM   #29
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
I hope the cover works as well for you! We were concerned about the Wrangler tail lights also, most of our driving was daytime, but did a few hours before daylight and after dark. I think the coach is much wider than the Wrangler and the coach rear lights were always visible.

Rick and Ann
Central Illinois
2013 Keystone Passport Ultra Lite 23RB
calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2014, 05:36 AM   #30
If it hides the taillights on the RV, I will have a decision to make. The bikes will either go uncovered, or stay at home, and I'll have to look into smaller or folding bikes. We like our stretched bikes but in this case they can be a problem.

Snowman9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:29 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
This from walmart and 15 minutes to mount them is cheap safety !

I bought a set for my hitch-a-haul carrier just in case I ever load it up with something that covers the tail lights...
If you really are sad and think nobody cares, just try missing a few payments ! '11 Monaco Diplomat 43DFT RR10R pushed by a Demco Excali-Bar II hitch which is pushed by a '14 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport.
JohnBoyToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:08 PM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
My 2 cents.

Used to race bikes. Lot's of miles traveling for training and racing over the years. Hauled very expensive bikes around, and used a similar bike rack for quite a while.

Regarding the cover for the bikes. We have tried, and quit using during travel. Wind making it flap can cause issues, and if it's raining then dirt, water & grime seem to find a way to get all over the bikes anyway. There is nothing better than a little soap & water for the bike after a dusty or wet drive. Just don't use a power sprayer.

A good lube on the chain, frequently if you're riding on the trails, will save you a lot of heartache. Read a lot of studies on the different lubes over the past 25 years. I settled on Rock-N-Roll lube (Rock"N"Roll Lubrication - Homepage) because it actually does have some cleaning characteristics also. It lasts quite well and you won't have any rust issues.
TexasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:37 PM   #33
the goatheads are ferocious tube eaters.....My first outing in Benson, riding only on city streets resulted in 2 flat tires...due to goat heads. In 2006 there was a small bicycle shop on the main drag, he recommended removing the tubes, and replacing them with a foam rubber insert, and removing the valve stem. Still riding the same bike, no flats ever....I won't sell the bike 'cause I can no longer find the foam rubber inserts for a new bike.

'06 Elite Suites, '95 KW, '06 Deuce, '04 Low Rider
Gemstone is offline   Reply With Quote