Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-31-2012, 03:47 PM   #1
Taking out the booth!

We have decided to take out the booth in our fifth wheel. Any words of warning before we do it?

Jennifer P is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2012, 03:59 PM   #2
Just did the same thing in our Class A and it made a HUGE difference and improvement IMO. Just make sure there you can work around anything that might be under the seats. Ours had the furnace there, but we were able to work around it. Good luck!

dkwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:40 PM   #3
Did it too, plus the 2 chairs and small table...gone. Now have a hide-a bed 5ft couch and lots of open floor, enough room to dance with my honey. Use tv tray to eat or "lap it"...Love it. If we have guests we bring in the patio chairs.
Don and Mary
'00 Bluebird Skoolie Conversion
Geo Tracker/Dodge Neon/Aprilia Scooter towed
DonDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:45 PM   #4
The only problem may be when you go to resell it. I know that I won't look at RV's that have had the dinette removed. We use ours as an extra bed when our daughters bring friends. JMHO
2017 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS
1997 GMC Sierra 3500 Dually
Go Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:44 PM   #5
LOL!!! There for a minute, I thought you had taken out a toll booth...
GNHebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:19 PM   #6
Send a message via Skype™ to LandKinaMoho
Love not having the standard layout. No dinette, no couch, no shower doors! Curved shwr rod . Dumped the tv's. and the extra chair behind copilot. Installed two easy chairs and a 4 drawer cabinet. Like the extra real estate.Cheers
1999 National Dolphin
1995 Range Rover County SWB.
Sailor, Dickens, Zooki, Koko.
LandKinaMoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:38 PM   #7
iRV2 No Limits Club
We ordered three new La-Z-Boy chairs, going to replace the HideABed with two of them and existing leather recliner with the third. Grandson (12 yrs old) asked where he was going to sleep, wife told him in a chair or on the floor. He's already slept in a chair so no problem. Hope they get here soon, we ordered them in early April.
We have the computer credenza with the fold up table to eat at. The two chairs replacing the couch were a factory option so it doesn't really change our resale value.
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:29 PM   #8
WE did it!

The booth is out and it really made our vacation so much nicer! We moved the couch and I was able to actually walk around even with the sofa bed out!
Thanks for all the encouragement!
Jennifer P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by awarnes View Post
The only problem may be when you go to resell it. I know that I won't look at RV's that have had the dinette removed. We use ours as an extra bed when our daughters bring friends. JMHO
But there are an equal number of RVers that do not want a booth dinette....I prefer the table and chairs.

It all depends on what flips your fritter.

Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #10
If a booth is nestled into a fixed corner, I think the bench seat against the corner is a plus for the extra storage below; you don't lose much in dancing room but you gain that long drawer. As a 2-person camp team, we don't need a booth, and like the extra room that chairs allow. So IIWMI'd probably be thinking remove the in-my-way bench (the one not against the corner), to replace it w/chairs, and leave the one in the corner. I mentioned this to a manufacturer; he stood there w/his mouth open, then jotted down to make this an option on the order sheet (after all they knew how to make either setup, so they already had patterns for a hybrid layout). Then the mfgr wend out of business.
Baja-tested '08 2-slide 36'
Alpine: The Ultimate DIY'er Project
EngineerMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:37 PM   #11
My booth had already been removed when I got it, confused me when looking up the floorplan, lost the central vacuum and the outdoor shower, but it suits my uses much better, bought folding wooden chairs that remind me of the Treks. Even at home I never eat at the dining room table, (I'm single), usually in my recliner which I have so it feels the same, I'd think for a family with kids the booth would be better because I remember mine playing games and annoying each other at the booth, and they were small enough to sleep there when converted.
1990 34' Hawkins Motor Coach, Oshkosh/460 Ford EFI. '97 Subaru Impreza 5 speed towd, NorthEast Alabama.
Manuel B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #12
I took out the booth on my previous coach which was a wasted space. I replaced with a Euro chair and a folding table. Save the booth as it will sell better when that time comes. I ran into some problems with the heater ducting, but nothing too bad.

Lindsay Richards is offline   Reply With Quote