Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2015, 05:36 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deny View Post
Great Trip! Are Not the Folks in that part of the world are really Nice? Carry On

I have found them absolutely great here, they treat us so well, just had a service done on the coach at Parts For Trucks Dartmouth, oil, filter, grease and repaired a wire they noticed on the underside, showed me a cam photo of it,,,, $191 so I was quite pleased as they were at if for 90 minutes.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2015, 06:25 PM   #72

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
May I enquire if you can get your rig on the channel tunnel train or will you use a ferry to get to mainland Europe? I've thought about it myself but was told I'd have trouble getting insurance over there. Could I also ask the cost of shipping to UK
Thank you

Barry and Pat, RVM114

Old 10-08-2015, 06:35 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGA2016 View Post
May I enquire if you can get your rig on the channel tunnel train or will you use a ferry to get to mainland Europe? I've thought about it myself but was told I'd have trouble getting insurance over there. Could I also ask the cost of shipping to UK
Thank you

Barry and Pat, RVM114
I am told it will go through the chunnel but I prefer the ferry.
Insurance you can get here tourinsure.de
$4700 US for mine to go to Liverpool as I wish to go to Ireland first and buy a house but you can get it off at Hamburg as well with Seabridge

Don't ever let fear and common sense hold you back, you'll miss life!
Old 10-08-2015, 01:09 PM   #74

Country Coach Owners Club
Bon Voyage! Look forward to reading about your adventures and living vicariously!
Old 10-08-2015, 01:12 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentor View Post
$4700 US for mine to go to Liverpool !
Mine was 2100 to amsterdam
Old 10-09-2015, 06:28 AM   #76

Winnebago Owners Club
How about the local Seafood? We have Seafood in Fla that is really Special, but that Cold Water variety is pretty good, as well.

When we were at Fundy National Park we walked into Alma, one misty afternoon. The town was having a "Chowder Coofoff Contest" we paid $10 and got a spoon-then walked around the hall getting small cups of Seafood Chowder. Some were prepared by Restaurants & Lodges, some were prepared by local Folks. I still find myself mentally revisiting that night.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:01 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deny View Post
How about the local Seafood? We have Seafood in Fla that is really Special, but that Cold Water variety is pretty good, as well.

When we were at Fundy National Park we walked into Alma, one misty afternoon. The town was having a "Chowder Coofoff Contest" we paid $10 and got a spoon-then walked around the hall getting small cups of Seafood Chowder. Some were prepared by Restaurants & Lodges, some were prepared by local Folks. I still find myself mentally revisiting that night.
Just had a lobster feast last night in Lunenburg, most excellent! Very good mussels with the lobster, loads of hot garlic butter and the wife had the seafood platter with half a dozen different bits, she loved it. Smoked mackerel and smoked haddock here is very good, they know how to do it right.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:36 PM   #78

Lunenburg

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-10-08 18.26.41.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	289.2 KB
ID:	109178
Old 10-09-2015, 05:13 PM   #79

Hey there,

I am from Austria and am just currently planning on doing what you do, only vice-versa

So if you ever need any advice from a local European, pm me and I'll do my best to help!
I do know my way around in Austria, Germany and Scandinavia, so let me know when you go there. My father also owns a US RV (91' Gulf Stream Sunsport). And yes, you definitely can get around Europe with it. Almost all interesting places are made for a bus to come through and your motorhome is even smaller than a regular bus. So don't get yourself scared off by some other postings here. In my opinion most Europeans get themselves smaller RVs because they only use them a few weeks per year. Those who spend more time and/or are even fulltiming, usually get themselves a decent sized RV as well (8-10m length).

cheers and have fun,
Matt
Matt_RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 06:11 AM   #80

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentor View Post
Now I am yearning to be back there- We stayed at the Trade Center Campground ....at the top of the town, The whole town has Free Wfi (as I am sure you know) We walked down the hill to the Port & had several nice meals. (the Bankers Restaurant for chowder was a pretty nice stop)

You might want to go over the bridge to the Golf Course-the Views of the city from that side are memorable.

It brought to mind Malag & Oban , 2 beautiful Scottish Towns I love.

Carry On & be safe
Old 10-10-2015, 06:44 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_RV View Post
Hey there,

I am from Austria and am just currently planning on doing what you do, only vice-versa

So if you ever need any advice from a local European, pm me and I'll do my best to help!
I do know my way around in Austria, Germany and Scandinavia, so let me know when you go there. My father also owns a US RV (91' Gulf Stream Sunsport). And yes, you definitely can get around Europe with it. Almost all interesting places are made for a bus to come through and your motorhome is even smaller than a regular bus. So don't get yourself scared off by some other postings here. In my opinion most Europeans get themselves smaller RVs because they only use them a few weeks per year. Those who spend more time and/or are even fulltiming, usually get themselves a decent sized RV as well (8-10m length).

cheers and have fun,
Matt
Well thanks very much for that, I'll make a note of this and perhaps we can meet up next year.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:55 PM   #82

Mentor, you are off to a great start!
Old 10-12-2015, 03:53 PM   #83

Sackville River NS (phone pic)

The colours are 2 weeks late but starting now dudes and dudettes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-10-12 17.39.05.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	303.1 KB
ID:	109468
Old 10-15-2015, 03:59 PM   #84

The coach leaves for Liverpool on the 28th

Adios muchachos phone pics for yah
]Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-10-15 14.49.52.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	789.1 KB