Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2010, 05:26 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Exclamation Talk about customer service

Kudos to CT Coachworks, Riverside Ca.
I crunched in two doors and the rear fender on the RV on a large rock and needed to have them repaired or replaced. Decided to take it to the factory to have the work done knowing there would be a wait for parts and shipping costs added if I had it done here in Phoenix. Called the factory on March 28, and was asked to send some pictures so they could assess the damages and possibly have everything ready when I got there.
They called me back the next day and said they would be ready on April 7 and that they had 50 amp hook up for us if we wanted arrive the night before. They not only had everything ready, DW and I were given the full nickle tour and treated like family.
They replaced two basement doors and the fender around the rear wheel. Replaced the latches on the doors and the trim along the side that covers the hinges. Total cost $300.00 They also took care of a few minor things that needed done.
Ct Coachworks is a small, family owned company that only builds two models. We are proud to say we own one and proud to have met the people who build them.

az bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2010, 05:37 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Wow, that kind of service-- I'm sad to say-- seems to have nearly gone the way of the Dodo I'm glad to hear that some people still believe in old fashioned customer service!

Sheila

~ Salt Creek Recreation Area Olympic Peninsula, Washington ~
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:25 PM   #3

That is great, thanks for sharing. When we find service like that we stick with them and tell the neighbors. I had a similar experience at a Big O Tire outlet today.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:41 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Chip's Grand Tire Moab Utah

If you ever have a tire problem and you can get to this tire store do not hesitate to go there.
Back in 08 I believe we popped and inside duel on the Pace. I wont go thru what was involved in ''changing the tire'' but I want to tell you about getting a replacement for the tire.
We made it into Moab and called around trying to locate the ''proper size'' replacement tire for our coach. The folks at the campground suggested Chip's service and I took the pick up and drove down. I talked directly to the owner Chip and he told me that he would have to order the tires because he didnt have one in stock that size. I went ahead and ordered four so I would have all new tires on the back. the old ones only had about 85 thousand miles on them. They still looked good but I figured I should replace them all. Chip made a call and quoted me a price for the tires installed on my coach. I paid for the tires and he said they would be there in the morning on the delivery truck. He said that I should be there when he opened up and he could ''get right on the job''. I agreed and the next morning at 8 oclock we were sitting in his parking lot. He told us where to park and offered coffee and donuts.
Chip has a six bay facility. He has many people working for him and there is not doubt exactly who is in charge. He is everywhere, doing and directing everything. He solves problems before they become problems and answering questions before they become questions. The delivery truck came in about 830 and four guys proceeded to unload his tires. He assigned one of his employees to start taking my tires off and another guy to start mounting the new tires. He warned them about scratching up my hubcaps and he inspected each before the job began. These guys were GOOD to say the least. Two tires came off and went to the changing machine. Two more tires came off and the first two were put back on and they polished my rim inserts. Chip came to me and asked if I could come to the office. He showed me the bill for the tires and showed me that there was a twenty dollar discount on each tire. He said he would credit my Discover card with the refund. I almost fell over.........
By the time I got back to the coach the other two tires were on and the rim insert was being polished. they sat the coach on the ground and Chip came out for the final inspection. He told me to take the coach for a ''test drive'' and see if it handled ok and If i was satisfied with the tires. We took her for a test run and everything was fine. We came back and thanked Chip for his service and assured him that we would spread the word about his fine service. I told him that my greatest regret was that when we had a blowout we were too far from Moab for his service truck to come out and service the blowout.
If you are ever in the Moab area and you have a tire problem I strongly recommend Chip's Grand Tire of Moab Utah

Seajay the sailor man
Old 04-11-2010, 07:17 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I knew there had to be other companies out there with integrity. Everyone posts about the bad ones. Very refreshing to hear about the ones that take pride in their service.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:20 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for sahring. I read the article about their latest offering in MH magazine a while back. I was very impressed with their list of standard equipment as well as their manufacturing techniques.

Sure wish they manufactured a DP...

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 02:04 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig P. View Post
Thanks for sahring. I read the article about their latest offering in MH magazine a while back. I was very impressed with their list of standard equipment as well as their manufacturing techniques.

Sure wish they manufactured a DP...

Craig
You might give them a call, they had two DP chassis there when we were there, ask to speak to Steve Thomas.