Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #43

Newmar Owners Club
Today, Friday, partly cloudy sky and wind brought a bit of a chill to the Tampa Show. For the PM hours the show was again crowed. The morning was a bit chilly (with the wind) and crowds were light. North Trail (Newmar) has sold about 10 coaches. This is really good for the first two days. Usually the hard negotiating and sales take place on Saturday and Sunday. I tried the carved turkey sandwich. It was quite good. Then just a few feet away was the strawberry shortcake vendor. Now, that is something I just can't pass up. After all, the show is only once a year. After market vendors selling products seem to be doing quite well. Many attendees can be seen carrying their purchases. I spent my share of $s and have my eye on some additional purchases on Saturday. There is a new coach that has caught my eye. However, that purchase may need to wait.

Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2012, 06:15 PM   #44

Newmar Owners Club
Today, Saturday, it was cold. A North wind and partly cloudy sky kept the temp down and the wind chill had to remain in the low 50s. For me, I thought the crowd was a bit light today. Lighter than in the past and what I would expect for a Saturday. That being said, North Trail is now around 22 coaches sold. The High-line is moving better than the standard coaches. About 14 high-line to 8 standard coaches. So far the after market vendors selling products continue to do well. I see many attendees carrying their purchases. This will be my last report. I leave Sunday morning for the trip back to south Florida and warmer temps. I really enjoy this show. The new coaches, after marker vendors, food (yea, even me, Mr. organic healthy eater will make an exception for this show), the socials I host and the people attending the socials. It all makes for a great and very fast week. For those attending the socials that I did not get a chance to talk to, my apology is offered. It is not that I did not want to meet you, it's (as you saw) just that I am swamped with people meeting and speaking with me it has become impossible to meet everyone. Guess that means everyone will need to return next year and see what I can come up with for entertainment at the socials.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:10 AM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm back home had a great time at our first rally, but did not get a sticker. Could not make the social. Hope to get a sticker someday.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:54 AM   #46

We arrived home yesterday. It was our first experience at a show of that size. We were a bit overwhelmed at first. We did our best to visit the vendors areas and picked up a few items. One highlight (for us) was meeting Bob Tiffin. Very nice fellow. Met a couple folks from this board. It's great to be able to sit and talk with "experenced" RV'ers.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #47

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Everyone,
The numbers are in. There were 54,096 attendees at the Tampa RV Super Show. Details are at http://www.rvbusiness.com/2012/02/report-rv-lot-sales-rebound-after-hitting-low/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campai gn=Feed%3A+RvBusiness+%28RV+Business%29