Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2011, 07:47 AM   #1

Tampa RV show

We are still in the hunt for an RV and are planning to attend the Tampa show in January. Trying to find out if there is any type of shuttle around the fairgrounds. Have a bum knee right now and watching the video of the show, it looks as if there is a lot of walking. If anyone has attended this show, all information (or tips) would be appreciated.
Gusto2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2011, 08:32 AM   #2

Don't know about the Tampa show (will find out soon), but we were at the Hershey show in Sept and Yep, lots of walking. They did have some Golf Carts to give rides back to the Camping area for those with problems getting around, but nothing in the area of the Rigs, just not enough room. They were packed in like Sardines.
2018 Silverado 3500HD High Country Dually 4x4 Duramax/Allison, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Disc Brakes, Mor/ryde IS, Sailun 17.5" H tires, 5.5K Onan, Dual ACs, auto level, auto sat dish, stacked washer/dryer, residential fridge, King sleep number. Michelle & Ann
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:45 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
I live in Tampa and have been to the show, many times. After you pay your entrance fee, you have the option to rent an electric scooter, wheel chair, etc. Just get there early, because they go fast. Don't advise going on "senior day", because it is almost impossible to find a scooter or even get around, with all the scooters. If you don't want to rent a scooter, there are trams that run constantly throught the grounds (also, around the parking lot area), taking you where you want to go. Obviously they won't do you any good, inside of the buildings. However you choose, go and I hope you have a good time!
Old 12-31-2011, 08:54 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusto2 View Post
We are still in the hunt for an RV and are planning to attend the Tampa show in January. Trying to find out if there is any type of shuttle around the fairgrounds. .
Gusto2! Forgettaboutit! They got shuttles coming out of the Wazoo!

Come on down and do the show. You're going to have a great time!

Never mind the shuttles, I bet your knee will give you some problems from going up and down dozens of stairs.

If anyone can find me, just ask me for a NEW iRV2.com sticker. I have a number of those to give out and I would be pleased to do so.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:20 AM   #5

how much do they charge at the camping show for walk ins
hauls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:45 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauls
how much do they charge at the camping show for walk ins
It was a out 8-10.00 , but that was for two days. They don't sell one day tickets. Well worth it IMHO. If you meant overnight dry camping. That was 10.00 in past years.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:19 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Hi hauls,
$10 is the entry fee per adult for walk-ins. Go to Florida RV Trade Association - 2012 Florida RV SuperShow for details.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:35 AM   #8
Community Administrator

Here's a link to a $ 1.00 coupon. Every little bit helps.http://www.frvta.org/images/2012coupon.gif

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:44 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We will be there, staying on site. FVRT rally. Never did anything like this before should be fun. Just got new Coachmen Mirada and looking to see what kind of goodies we can find.

DriVer, I'll be looking for a sticker.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:26 AM   #10

We'll be there as well. Save us a sticker! LOL!
Geezer80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:36 AM   #11

Tampa show

Thanks to all for the info. Gripper, appreciate the tip on "senior day", will wait and go on Thursday and Friday. Since you live in Tampa, any recommendations on motels? Most reviews for ones in area are awful.
Gusto2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:13 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks to all for the info. Gripper, appreciate the tip on "senior day", will wait and go on Thursday and Friday. Since you live in Tampa, any recommendations on motels? Most reviews for ones in area are awful.
Sorry, but naturally, I do not stay in any motels it Tampa. In fact, I have not stayed in any motels anywhere, since I purchased my motorhome, 4 years ago. I have heard of some nice motels/hotels on Hwy 60, (Courtney Campbell Causway), West of the airport, but that's quite aways from the RV show.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #13

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
DriVer, I'm too young to drive a scooter but save me a decal anyway. We'll be there one day or the other.
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:54 AM   #14

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
There's a Holiday Inn Express on the East side of the fair grounds which is new (w/i last three years) and a Crowne Plaza at the intersection of MLK and I-75 South which is undergoing renovation but has great (reduced during renovation) rates, good room service. Both are within short driving to Lazy Days RV park as well. I've stayed at both of them a dozen or so times in the last 36 months...hope that helps.