Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2012, 11:03 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadrand View Post
I'm going for the first time. I live in Jacksonville and have gone to the Jacksonville show many times, but the Tampa show is MUCH bigger. Staying at a nearby hotel. I don't have an rv yet, but will be purchasing in the next year, so I plan on using the show to learn.
Sounds just like us last year. We had been looking at motorhomes for several years. We had even attended Barney's driving class at LazyDays.

We got to the show and looked around at all the choices. So many, so many to choose from. Information overload! We attended the seminar on buying your first motorhome, which was very informative.

One piece of advice we got from Barney Alexander, and reinforced at the seminar,"Buy your third motorhome first!"

NukeRef is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2012, 05:44 PM   #16

This is an AWESOME Rally , 2013 will be our forth time at the Tampa RV Super Show, we will be at the Fair Grounds with our Newmar Family. Steve & Debbie last year we were about a 5 to 10 minute walk away from the Show entrance, most of the sites are grassy, we are parked close together but still had room to set out around your Coach. Look forward to meeting you all there. Safe travels to all. Seabee

Old 12-01-2012, 06:07 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
I was told by the gal at the phone for the advertised 4 day "rally" that you can dry camp in the parking lot for $20 a day if you're looking to overnight. Don't see it on te website, but assume it is true. Anyone confirm?
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:11 PM   #18
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
I was told by the gal at the phone for the advertised 4 day "rally" that you can dry camp in the parking lot for $20 a day if you're looking to overnight. Don't see it on te website, but assume it is true. Anyone confirm?
I have dry camped there for 10$ but that was a few years ago. Basically , there are no reservations. You park in designated area and they come by and collect money.

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Are there "honey wagons"and or "water wagons" that come by (for a fee of course)?
bowpulpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:53 PM   #20
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowpulpit View Post
Are there "honey wagons"and or "water wagons" that come by (for a fee of course)?
I never saw one in the parking lot I camped in. They may have them in the designated camping areas which is different from the area I parked in. Hopefully someone else will jump in here with a better answer.

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #21
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
From the Tampa Show rally registration form;

Quote:
No dump station on grounds. Arrive with full fresh water and empty holding tanks. No public showers.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #22

We'll be there again in the dry campsites.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #23

is there a special place in parking for dry camping
Andrew
Andrew from Québec Ca NKK#16343
2004 Kountry Star 3904 Cummins 330 ISC towing a Jeep Cherooke Trail Hawk 2016,Blue Ox.and Buddy Brake ,TMS,
AndrewC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Hi AndrewC,
Enter the fair grounds via any public entrance. Pay your fee. They will direct you to a parking spot. I see you have a Newmar. Consider joining us at the Newmar Rally. Go to 2013 Florida RV SuperShow - Buddy Rally - January 15-20, 2013 - Newmar Kountry Klub to get information and to register. Newmar has over 100 coaches that come to this rally. We also have a very large tent for holding our own special events.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Hi everyone,
As Dirk mentioned in his post, I have asked for time in the Newmar Kountry Klub (NKK) Tent to host an iRV2 social. Most everyone of rank and privilege is at the Newmar rally in the Keys until the 10th. Assuming I get what I asked for, let me post the location of the NKK tent now.

When at the show, find the Newmar coach display for the Aire models. It is at the corner of the North Midway and the aisle that goes down the center of the Show. Go West on the North Midway aisle. Exit the show and continue past the parked attendee coaches. You will see the NKK tent across a road (internal to the show). The entrance to the NKK rally will be to your left, across this road. It is the ticket booth that is used for horse shows.

I have asked for Thursday, January 17 at 4 PM. Hopefully this will be confirmed in December. When confirmed, I will post here and in the NKK forum.

Bring your own chair and drink. Snacks and music will be provided along with a memorable presentation (by me) about iRV2. Lastly, there will be a couple of door prizes.

About 53 people attended the January 2012 social.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:38 AM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just made reservations with NKK for this show and received a call back from Linda to confirm our space.
This will be our first event of this nature and really looking forward to it.
See ya there.
bowpulpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #27

This will will be our 3rd year for the show. Can't wait.