Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-16-2014, 06:20 PM   #15

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Tampa RV Super SHOW is terrific. Crowds were not bad. Many of the reps are part time people to really only be greeters and if one really shows interest in a MH they turn you over to another sales person. Only PITA was the dummies who bring their dogs. Then walk with them straining on a lease and tripping people. Or they push the little darling in a stroller expecting everyone move out of their way or adore the little darlings who should be left at home or their MH. Do people like them really believe that their dogs enjoy all the people and crowds? Then there are the people in electric scooters who come down isles and virtually run over you. Absolutely no consideration for anyone on foot. The people with REAL disabilities fine, but over 1/2 the people we saw could loose 50 or 100 pounds or even more and WALK, it would do them good. Before someone jumps my case as being insensitive about handicaps, physically challenged disability my Father lost both of his legs at the knees, so I know about disability. He never used any device and even refused to use a handicap sticker on his car. I'm insensitive to rude people who have No consideration for others. safe travels.... ed

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2014, 07:18 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Thanks Chuck. The folks on here have been great to help me with questions and this is one way I can help others with my contribution.

Scott Hamilton is the Lazy Day's sales rep I think. Is that correct? I've met a number of the Entegra folks when I visited the factory twice. Great down to earth people in all respects. I need to tire kick on the Newmars also because I'm not sure that Entegra is going to have something that will work for me when we are ready to make the move.

Ed
Yes, Scott is a top gun with LD. By all means compare the Newmars and Entagras side by side. This show is the perfect place to do that and pick the one that best suits your needs. Both of them are excellent coaches.

brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:47 PM   #17

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Thanks Chuck. The folks on here have been great to help me with questions and this is one way I can help others with my contribution.

Scott Hamilton is the Lazy Day's sales rep I think. Is that correct? I've met a number of the Entegra folks when I visited the factory twice. Great down to earth people in all respects. I need to tire kick on the Newmars also because I'm not sure that Entegra is going to have something that will work for me when we are ready to make the move.

Ed
Remember that Newmar will do custom work. On both our Dutch Stars we had special order items. On the present 2002 we had a couple walls and a pocket door removed. At the time the Advantium oven was special order only and we did order that too. Had the dining table/computer desk reversed, U-Line ice maker added and the storage bay freezer on slide added. None of these were even on the option list. Came to over $35,000 in 2002 $$, not cheap but we got what we wanted.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:56 PM   #18

Florida Cooters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Posting SOLD signs is a marketing ploy....makes the unsuspecting potential buyer think everyone loves their model!! Don't be fooled.
nblanchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:00 PM   #19

We spent the day at the show. Not impressed with many of the well know brands. Doors that could not open fully, Beds so high my short wife would have to sleep on the couch, no electrical outlets. Who decided that king beds should take up the complete bedroom from wall to wall? We were impressed with the Tuscany, the Entegra and a couple of the Allegro units. We will go back tomorrow to make a decision on purchasing. I doubt we will get any decent pricing and I do not intend to be the guy paying for their show costs.
gbburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:32 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ive bought two of our units at shows. I knew what I wanted coming in and had shopped around extensively before hand. In both cases I ended up paying much less at the show than the best price I had before the show. Not sure if it was special incentives the manufacturers gave to the dealers for show sales or what but we were happy to save the money.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:10 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nblanchard View Post
Posting SOLD signs is a marketing ploy....makes the unsuspecting potential buyer think everyone loves their model!! Don't be fooled.
Really? That is a broad sweeping statement. The sold sign with my name on it is/was not a ploy.

Dave
Old 01-17-2014, 09:30 AM   #22

Quote:
Well actually no! One of them belonged to my friend. At the lazy days finance tent they were incredibly busy processing sales. At the show units were being sold like hotcakes.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:48 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Having spent 18 years doing trade shows. I we didn't make any money trying to fool the public, our show costs were covered only if we sold products. Taking products back to the warehouse unsold was VERY expensive.

Always two sides to every story.
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:58 PM   #24

I was there Wednesday. I found most of the brochures stashed inside the microwaves. Never saw so many ugly interiors (IMHO). Some were so dark, even with all the lights on, that it looked like night. Only found 2 RVs (before we left) with light floors, light colored cabinetry, and ceilings that didn't look like they were from a cheesy Vegas nightclub. Can't imagine where they got some of the countertops ... and these were in $300k and up units. However, the exteriors all looked good and the fit of components looked pretty good!
Old 01-17-2014, 03:10 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDALLSAILS View Post
Tampa RV Super SHOW is terrific. Crowds were not bad. Many of the reps are part time people to really only be greeters and if one really shows interest in a MH they turn you over to another sales person. Only PITA was the dummies who bring their dogs. Then walk with them straining on a lease and tripping people. Or they push the little darling in a stroller expecting everyone move out of their way or adore the little darlings who should be left at home or their MH. Do people like them really believe that their dogs enjoy all the people and crowds? Then there are the people in electric scooters who come down isles and virtually run over you. Absolutely no consideration for anyone on foot. The people with REAL disabilities fine, but over 1/2 the people we saw could loose 50 or 100 pounds or even more and WALK, it would do them good. Before someone jumps my case as being insensitive about handicaps, physically challenged disability my Father lost both of his legs at the knees, so I know about disability. He never used any device and even refused to use a handicap sticker on his car. I'm insensitive to rude people who have No consideration for others. safe travels.... ed
X2
Old 01-17-2014, 03:14 PM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Loved the show, loved the coaches, loved seeing the SOLD signs! Didn't by this year but next as DW closed the check book! but that's ok. Gives me something to look forward to. Question for Dave, how is the DD 13 treating you ? Love that coach.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:36 PM   #27

We spent Thursday at the Tampa show and left with a few disappointing observations. Seemed to me this year the vendors were overwhelmed with campground/RV Resort sales. I have never seen so many in years before. I also felt that many "staff" had very little knowledge of product. Overall if you knew what you wanted to see and do it was most likely there to compare and kick tires.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:25 AM   #28

American Coach Owners Club
We've been very happy with what we've found at the show.We've spent time at Newmar, Entegra and American Coach and have found very knowledgable salespersons and factory reps. We flew out from California for the show and it was money and time well spent.

exgman is offline   Reply With Quote