Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2013, 10:25 PM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
We had a Sightseer 2006 29 ft before this, maybe it showed up somewhere.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2013, 10:30 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
The Sightseer still shows on your profile.

sswilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:36 PM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I need to update my profile, have to see how to edit it.

We have since moved back to southern Indiana, sold the Sightseer and bought the old Eagle. I hadn't been on this forum for quite awhile and didn't even realize that was in my profile, have to figure out how to change it.

By the way in case some didn't realize, I'm a woman and this is my motorhome. Hubby does the maintenance, but he works overseas and doesn't travel with me. He was going to retire this year but a lucrative contract came up for a project in Africa and they held the opening for him. I am almost 68, he is 6 months younger then me! So I take our 42 year old DD with me (she is mildly mentally challenged) and our 18 year old cat. We have a great time.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:56 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
I had one just last week ask the age 10 years so I needed pictures and a background check. I didn't stay there even though mine is clean and undamaged.
DNDColes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:04 PM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Just sign on to the main page of www.irv2.com and you should be able to update your profile under USER.cp
sswilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:15 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Registration Required

Here's a CG where you WILL be asked for your registration, and they only accept 1995 or newer, unless you are camping with a cabover camper, then it must be a 1998 or newer. It's run by the city, and is a typical govt run operation with more warning signs than you can ever read as you walk into the office. Other than that, it's a pretty nice place to stay!

Here's a copy of their rules:
Mission Bay RV Resort Park Rules San Diego, California
Big Oil Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:47 AM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNDColes View Post
I had one just last week ask the age 10 years so I needed pictures and a background check. I didn't stay there even though mine is clean and undamaged.
What kind of background check?
sadrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #36
Commercial Member

when asked that question, i alway ask the age of the campground as well as the age of any updates. older campgrounds tend to have poor electrical service. expecially in tourist areas.
they are welcome to accept any coach they want. thats their right.
and it does eliminate the junky looking coaches. sometimes. ive seem newer coaches with junky owners. go figure.
that said, its your choice to stay where ever you like. if you dont like their policy or their facilities, dont stay. in the end, its your money.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
If I see a campground that is loaded with old delapidated campers with a months worth of living stored under and around them my tendency is to go on down the road to the one that is clean and neat. If the owner wants to keep his property clean and uncluttered to attract folks like me, I can understand his decision to put limits on who he rents to. I understand that everyone will not have the money or maybe even the desire to invest the money in a new vehicle so I try not to judge. Yet I will still attempt to stop at the park that appears clean and neat.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #38

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I'm sure that it will be an issue as it is aging. I wonder if my RV GPS hubby bought me will give that information. Most of the time I just pull in and don't make reservations. I've never been to a park that didn't have a vacancy.

I don't see real well after dark so my husband Tom got me that RV specific GPS so I can see where RV parks are and know how far I have to go. There are a lot that are closed now when you get to them. It's also supposed to help with telling you where accessible fuel stations are. I have a 150 gallon diesel fuel tank so don't have to fuel to often.

If we ever get our other houses sold in Texas Tom said we may get a newer one. It still won't be brand new but it will have slides like the Sightseer had. If he starts traveling with us we need more room. My only requirement is a w/d, I HATE the Laundromats. I've been in so many that are just worn out but mostly take forever and ever for anything to dry, not spending my life in those things. Also like to take less clothes. I had the w/d changed out, it had the original in it. Very handy.

My husband just fixed it so I can winterize it easily. He added a tube where I can pump antifreeze into the lines from the jugs of antifreeze. 2 valves empty the tank and the water heater. I can take the electric rod out and drain the water heater and bypass it. Then turn off the drains, turn the water pump on and at each faucet turn it on till its pink and let it run to put pink in the ptrap, did the same for the w/d. He just drained the line for the stand alone ice maker, no pink in it. We did run the pink through the water filter, it busted last winter. So we winterized for now as I'm leaving in Jan. He did this so I can easily winterize it on the way home, only took about 20 minutes and 2 1/2 gallons of antifreeze.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:24 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Oil Guy View Post
Here's a CG where you WILL be asked for your registration, and they only accept 1995 or newer, unless you are camping with a cabover camper, then it must be a 1998 or newer. It's run by the city, and is a typical govt run operation with more warning signs than you can ever read as you walk into the office. Other than that, it's a pretty nice place to stay!

Here's a copy of their rules:
Mission Bay RV Resort Park Rules San Diego, California

It looks like they covered everything - Hurt my eyes just reading it!
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:40 PM   #40

Ford Super Duty Owner
To judge me by the age of my RV comes off as being Snotty.
I know My RV is not as stylish as newer ones.
In many ways mine it is built much stronger and better than ANY RV that is available at the RV dealers.
But I do not look down on those that buy/use them.
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #41

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I don't think everyone is going to get rid of their rig just because its 10 years old or older. There are so many out there if you denied them all you are leaving out a huge number of potential customers. And those of us with old ones likely have spent a great deal of money keeping them going or upgrading them.

But its each campgrounds choice and I will find somewhere to park, their revenue loss.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #42

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ciderdog View Post
It looks like they covered everything - Hurt my eyes just reading it!
I agree. Think they have it all covered? WOW

We might have an ADA issue if I use my electric mobility cart. nOt thst I would stay there! (I have credentials proving disability.)

Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground, motorhome