Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-20-2015, 06:31 AM   #15
Thanks for your interesting post. However, while these batteries may be attractive to a "First adopter", I suggest they are essentially out of reach for the average RV'er at this time. Maybe the cost will come down as more are produced.

Originally Posted by moechester View Post
..... The gorilla in the closet is the price.....

George Schweikle Lexington, KY
1999 Safari TREK 2830, FMCA 190830, Safari International chapter
1995 Safari TREK 2630, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2015, 01:19 PM   #16
Originally Posted by TDI-Minnie View Post
I'd rather burn diesel than coal to power my RV.
They are talking about house batteries, so however you charge your batteries now won't change.

Besides, even if you are talking about motive batteries, the amount of power produced by coal is in a continuing downward trend pretty much every where. I believe you are American so for your country it is already under 40 percent and dropping. expected to be under 30 in a decade. Its also a lot easier to control pollution from one source than it is from a million tail pipes. Not to mention all the lubrication oils, filters, hoses etc that are done away with on electric vehicles.

I think we are a couple decades away from large vehicles like Motorhomes being powered by anything other than internal combustion engines, but electric commuter vehicles (cars and SUV's) will be main stream within a decade,

radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 03:08 PM   #17
Still waiting for the flying car in every garage. Maybe we can leap right into a flying Tesla.
EV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 07:48 PM   #18
Originally Posted by EV2 View Post
Still waiting for the flying car in every garage. Maybe we can leap right into a flying Tesla.
Yah, I wouldn't count on that flying car quite yet.

radar is offline   Reply With Quote

battery, rvs