Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus
 
TXiceman's Avatar


 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Full Time, TX Home Base
Posts: 17,150
Blog Entries: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Gary, thanks for the info and links.
After all the fire/recall, re-recall, problems with fridges. This product, particularly at this price, is a must have.
Shame on the manufacturers for not upgrading to this level of protection.
Never happen. By adding this, it would be admitting guilt on their part.

Ken
__________________

__________________
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Land Barge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Headed to the next race track.
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
An ARP can be ordered from the website today. The list price is shown as $120 but a promotional price of $85 is in effect at this time.
I'm in, ordered tonight. Makes good sense to me. I'm still fighting the "when in motion" not cooling. Hoping this will turn things off when I'm rolling in the turbulence then turn back on when proper to do so.

And even if, still makes sense to me to keep it from just making it mad getting too hot. Everyone should watch their video's, best explanation to date.

I'm not seeing a downside, this thing will/should be 5x the price once it gets legs.
__________________

__________________
2006 Monaco 40' PDQ
25' Haulmark V-nose enclosed car trailer.
Land Barge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:00 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Ray,IN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: North America somewhere
Posts: 13,699
I've gotta go talk to DW, I need one for Christmas. If she declines, I'll ask for one for my birthday_same day.
__________________
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:07 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus
 
TXiceman's Avatar


 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Full Time, TX Home Base
Posts: 17,150
Blog Entries: 21
Ray, best to buy your own Christmas presents anyway.

ken
__________________
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:35 AM   #19
Community Moderator
 
RV Wizard's Avatar


 
Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Chattanooga, Tn.
Posts: 12,062
Thanks Gary for bringing this to light! Clearly necessary.
__________________
Mike, RVIA & RVSA Certified Master RV Technician
Amy, Dr. Assistant - Roxie & Mei Ling, four legs each
2000 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 450 hp & 1330# torque
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:58 AM   #20
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 26,266
Gary, thank you for bringing this product to our attention! I have already replaced my cooling unit with one of the Amish-built units, but I will definitely be adding this additional protection!
__________________
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:13 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
HD4Mark's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Marathon, Florida
Posts: 2,894
If we still had an absorption fridge this would also be on my Christmas list. I agree with Ken that the manufacturers will probably not use this device because they will admit guilt/fault of their possibly unsafe products. It would of course be the responsible thing to do. At $85 or $120 it would not be an significant increase to a product that costs thousands. I would imagine that if Dometic and Norcold used them then mass production would drop costs. Please let it be still in the U.S.A. not China
__________________
Mark & Nancy
2004 Winnebago Vectra 40KD
Shep dog, R.I.P. Kenzie dog Toad 2015 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #22
Member
Commercial Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 53
USA made

HD4mark....Funny you say "Please let it be still in the U.S.A. not China" People never knew it, but some of the brand-new cooling units built by Dometic were built in Germany and Japan, not in the USA. At least we know the ARP device and the Amish built cooling units are 100% USA.
__________________
http://rvcoolingunit.com/
dforce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:54 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by dforce1 View Post
HD4mark....Funny you say "Please let it be still in the U.S.A. not China" People never knew it, but some of the brand-new cooling units built by Dometic were built in Germany and Japan, not in the USA. At least we know the ARP device and the Amish built cooling units are 100% USA.
Yes I watched an Amish guy welding on the cooling units while I was there.

Dave
__________________
DAJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:00 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: somewhere in the west
Posts: 1,168
I am not a follower, I do not assume that something told by a fellow RVer is of value to me, and considering that ALL my RV type reefers have always worked flawlessly for me (or maybe a adjustment of the slide), and have in fact, been updated over the years by the maker, I have no reason to install something promoted, shamelessly I believe, here.

I know some of you may come back with things like the fire problem with a small range of fridges by one manufacturer, or other such nonsense, but under scrutiny has nothing to do with what this device does. And no, you do not have to turn off the fridge while traveling because of tilt because the unit is "breaking the plane level" constantly.

In short, IMHO, a little analytic, critical, thinking may be warranted here, vice emotional acceptance.

Ed
__________________
Ed-Sommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #25
Moderator Emeritus
 
Gary RVRoamer's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Silver Springs, FL. USA
Posts: 18,073
I'll admit to "shamelessly" promoting this, but my enthusiasm simply reflects my experience with it as an early user/tester. We buy TPMS and surge protectors and other gear to provide insurance against possible future or long term effects and events. This one provides enhanced protection for an absorption fridge. There is certainly room for differing opinions, and we each have to make our own judgment about the value of any add-on gadget.

For what it's worth, my RV fridge also works flawlessly. I just want to keep it that way.
__________________
Gary Brinck
Former owner of 2004 American Tradition
Home is in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 18,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer
I'll admit to "shamelessly" promoting this, but my enthusiasm simply reflects my experience with it as an early user/tester. We buy TPMS and surge protectors and other gear to provide insurance against possible future or long term effects and events. This one provides enhanced protection for an absorption fridge. There is certainly room for differing opinions, and we each have to make our own judgment about the value of any add-on gadget.

For what it's worth, my RV fridge also works flawlessly. I just want to keep it that way.
Gary - I thought you did a great job of "enthusiastically informing" about a new product, and no more shamelessly than many do here about Watts and Progressive Industries. I see nothing shameless about it. It sounds like another good tool for those who wish to have it and your experience with it was enlightening beyond the "buy this, you'll be glad ya did".

We are all followers most of the time whether we admit it or not. In this instance you were on the leading edge and having read more of your posts than I can count, you were an excellent one to have on the case. Nice job, and Merry Christmas.
Steve and Annie
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Land Barge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Headed to the next race track.
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed-Sommers View Post
I am not a follower, I do not assume that something told by a fellow RVer is of value to me, and considering that ALL my RV type reefers have always worked flawlessly for me (or maybe a adjustment of the slide), and have in fact, been updated over the years by the maker, I have no reason to install something promoted, shamelessly I believe, here.

I know some of you may come back with things like the fire problem with a small range of fridges by one manufacturer, or other such nonsense, but under scrutiny has nothing to do with what this device does. And no, you do not have to turn off the fridge while traveling because of tilt because the unit is "breaking the plane level" constantly.

In short, IMHO, a little analytic, critical, thinking may be warranted here, vice emotional acceptance.

Ed
Since this is a free and open forum of ideas and opinions, readers can choose which they wish to take interest and which to hit the back button.
We all have different reasons for being here.

Much like having an open mind to penicillin, I'm glad to have heard about it and glad to know when to use it. Just because I don't need it now, I'm glad I know about, it for when I do.

A closed mind is a terrible thing to waste.
__________________
2006 Monaco 40' PDQ
25' Haulmark V-nose enclosed car trailer.
Land Barge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:47 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Gadget Man's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,090
Well so far, I have installed an automatic fire extinguisher in the outside refer compartment and replaced the crummy Norcold cooling unit with an Amish cooling unit, all at considerable expense. In hindsight, I should have just converted over to a residential refer, but I wanted to retain the flexibility of having more than one power source, so I stuck with my gas absorption. I read this entire thread and thought, “what’s another $85?” But as luck would have it, the ARPrvSafe website is no longer up and running, so I guess I just saved myself $85...

Craig
__________________

__________________
2005 Fleetwood Providence 39J
CAT C7 350, MP-8 Programmer

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.