Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2011, 11:24 AM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Talking Thank You!!!

I just wanted to say 'Thank You' to everyone in this Forum!! You guys are the BEST!!

I am on a number of Forums (of all types-not just RV's) and it is SUCH A PLEASURE to come back to iRV2 after being on the other ones where people treat each other with such distain, to include the moderators/owners of the forum.

Everyone here treats each other with respect and, if things heat up a bit, the moderators- gently- cool things down.

I also, just found out- by accident- the reason my coach batteries are going dead. It's awesome! 'Course, it's something that I need to fix but NOW I know what the issue is and can get it fixed.

Thanks everyone, you have made my day!!

Sheila
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2011, 12:20 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I couldn't have said it any better!!!
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:39 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
This is a really good forum and is wealth of information when it comes to solving problems. It does seem like everyone gets along better here!
Old 11-11-2011, 05:52 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Thanks, Sheila. We DO have the best members here, don't we?

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:01 PM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
So are you going to keep us in suspense on the battery drain issue. WE all worry about our batteries.
Conquest102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:31 PM   #6

You're welcome, Sheila. I think this forum is the best, though I am a member of two other RV forums ( from my high-school Latin, I think that should really be "fora").

We're also PNW residents since 1968 (except for about 3 years in Tidewater Virginia). Have lived in Kent/Des Moines, Bothell, Harbour Pointe, Everett and now settled in Anacortes.

My sister, who lives in England, reckons that Anacaortes is where God comes on vacation. Haven't seen him yet!
Old 11-11-2011, 08:45 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Come on - you have to tell us what is killing the batteries. My guess is the refrig.
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:53 PM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sorry, didn't mean to be obscure! I was about to put in a search of the forum, today, to find out if anyone else had this issue when I saw this in the Recent Discussion list: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/coac...ng-107593.html

This answered my question perfectly and now I know what I need to get fixed as my coach batteries are only two years old but the coach has been plugged into shore power for the last month.

My RV guy has already done some mods that I requested:
~ If I am using the genie and the gas tank falls to 1/4 tank, then the genie cuts off so that I do not use all my gas and can't drive home.
~ Added a relay button so if my engine battery dies, I can start the rig on the coach batteries.
~ Shore power line is hard wired into the power bay and I do not have to go outside to plug my shore line power cord back into coach for generator power to work.
~ Default pwer is now the genie, so if I am plugged into shore pwr and turn on the genie, it will switch over to that w/out having to go out and unplug.

Now I will need to add a new mod that the coach batteries will charge when plugged into shore power, not just off the engine when that is running or off the genie. That seemed like a pretty dumb thing for the specs to have but, no matter, will get that fixed too

Sheila
Old 11-13-2011, 10:41 PM   #9

Now that's a good idea PNW Girl. Is this to costly to do? I want to now do that too.
Wayne MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:35 AM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne MD View Post
Now that's a good idea PNW Girl. Is this to costly to do? I want to now do that too.
Hey Wayne,

Going by the work that he has already done for me, likely not, however, I can let you know after he does it or when he quotes it for me as it is something that I need done, right away.

I have discovered that my coach auto steps work only on the coach batteries. Therefore they will not retract until there is enough of a charge, built, when I start the engine. That is not something that I like. Therefore need those batteries to stay charged off of shore pwr.

SOOO much more to a coach than a TT!! But I still love that coach and am glad that I got it. It is wonderful to look out of that huge front windshield, at the view, is fantastic!

Sheila
Old 11-15-2011, 05:14 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: KM Parks in Western Washington and Yuma,Az for the Winter
Check out the Trik-L start. It will keep 'em charged while you're hooked up to shore power. Mine hasn't failed me yet
Old 11-15-2011, 05:26 PM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finhawk View Post
Check out the Trik-L start. It will keep 'em charged while you're hooked up to shore power. Mine hasn't failed me yet
Hi Finhawk,
It looks like this keeps the house batteries charged off of the engine battery?
Thanks!
Sheila
Old 11-15-2011, 05:49 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: KM Parks in Western Washington and Yuma,Az for the Winter
Go to their website and check it out. Like I said, it works well and only costs about $50. Really easy to install. I mounted mine in the battery compartment. It keeps all 3 batteries up
Bruce