Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2013, 02:03 AM   #15

Inconsiderate

Whenever I see this kind of action...

I classify the offender as a selfish, inconsiderate and lazy slob. That they think only of themselves and assume others will carry away their trash says much about their upbringing and their lack of education.

But maybe they drove off forgetting to throw away their trash!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2013, 05:00 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
While camping at Walmarts are there places to dispose of your trash? I have not done this yet, but I do not recall seeing dumpster close by.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:29 AM   #17

Mid Atlantic Campers
Carolina Campers
Send a message via Skype™ to Tugboat
Stayed at a campground last year and after closing a class B with Quebec tags pulled in said hi but all they spoke was french. Early the next morning i was waken up by them moving there RV and yelling back and forth. they were putting the RV over the sewer connection as they did not have or use a hose. Left a big mess along with trash no bags just trash. Gave the plate # to the campground when they opened. he said "I bet they spoke French" he told me that that happens a lot from French Canadians. Also they did not pay for the stay in late out early and the campground eats it plus a clean up.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:41 AM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
As we used to say when we were canoe camping "take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but foot prints, if you pack it in then pack it out".

I almost always walk around my part of the Wal-Mart parking lot and take the baskets back when I'm going in to buy something. It's the least I can do for a rent free night or two. I want the store manager to feel good about us as a group and welcome the next overnighter.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:48 AM   #19

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
The optimist in me (a very small part) would say, "We'll, at least he bagged it and tied it up real neat."

Then there's the darker side.......
Sun City Center, FL
Old 04-16-2013, 07:51 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by t55watson View Post
Raytronx....You are a canadian...he is a Quebecer....HUGE difference.
Ain't that the truth. Some of the nicest people I've met are from western Canada. I lived in Maine for many years and had the misfortune of being in contact with people from Quebec. They're rude, arrogant and ignorant. They were even worse if you decided to visit Quebec City. We were ignored while seeking service in bars and restaurants because we didn't speak French. Too bad they bring their attitude and behavior to the States
Old 04-16-2013, 08:03 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
We have friends that were traveling south in their truck camper and stopped overnight at a Flying J for some sleep. It was cold that night so at only 8pm they started up the generator to run electric heat or a blanket. A Queber pounded on the door and by way of someone else translating screamed at them to shut it off and if they didn't he would shove a potato up the exhaust. Seems to me if you are a guest in another country it is a good time to keep your mouth shut and roll with it.

He is very lucky to have done this to an extremely nice and passive guy and not someone not so forgiving and possibly armed. (please no gun discussion)
Old 04-16-2013, 08:05 AM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviaCub
I find that folks like that tend to make their own punishment. Kharma slaps them hard. The universe has no sense of humor... lol It will probably happen like this.... He dumped 5 bags of rubbish... kharma will make his black tank malfunction and fill his bathroom with sludge.
SylviaCub (RVM9) - We're big believers in karma too. We make our circumstance as we go. Fortunately there is no shortage of ways to enhance our karma. By running 5 bags of some inconsiderate travelers trash bags to a dumpster ya probably generate enough good karma to never have a dump valve problem. Still, it's a shame some are in such a hurry they either forget or intentionally do things like this. Slowing down and doing things right saves time in the long run and leaves others wishing you well. I prefer that to the alternative. RVM2 out.
Steve and Annie.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:34 AM   #23
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
This is a sad thread for us Canadians!

Personally, I have no love for Quebec as most other Non-Quebec Canadians will probably agree. They are a province unto their own and act entitled. This is just another example of it.

In reality, I'm embarrassed that anyone would consider doing this as it jeoprodizes all our ability to enjoy a good thing. Shame on them all!
Old 04-16-2013, 10:08 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
We had some tent campers here at the end of the summer last year. Yes they were French Canadian airplane stewards. They were nice and polite. The bad part was the poor lady that had to clean the bathroom's after them every day. Let's just say bodily stuff on the floors in the showers, ON the toilet seats and other messes like that all over the bathrooms.
Like I said nice, polite people until you saw the bathrooms.
How do they know it was them? Well it was during the week and they were the only tent campers at the time.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #25

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by datrbone8 View Post
Ain't that the truth. Some of the nicest people I've met are from western Canada. I lived in Maine for many years and had the misfortune of being in contact with people from Quebec. They're rude, arrogant and ignorant. They were even worse if you decided to visit Quebec City. We were ignored while seeking service in bars and restaurants because we didn't speak French. Too bad they bring their attitude and behavior to the States
I think all Canadians, once you exclude Quebec, are very hospitable. Winnipeg is the only city where when I put on my left blinker the guy next to me will slow down so I can move over. In Houston, a guy in the left lane 1/2 mile behind me will speed up and say "let me get past you first". One of the few times I was ever challenged by a car was in Quebec City, imagine a 3K# car up against a 40K# bus and he thought I was going to back up. I decided that I was going to push him out of the way if I had to. If you are in the City and don't speak French, a lot of them won't speak to you. In 25 yrs in the tour business I went to Quebec City twice (to give them a second chance) but I went to Canada better then 30 times. When you're on a bus with 40 shoppers (senior citizens) the tour industry figures that the bus drops a minimum of $4,000.00 every 24 hrs. Their loss The Maritimes gain.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #26
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I think it's about time to mention we need to get off the anti (insert name) theme, there are people from all walks of life who do things like this.

Vent your frustrations and opinions about the situation without ragging on specific groups of people even if you have to mention them to get your position across, you know what I'm getting at.
See My RV Upgrades
Old 04-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'll bet it was just to inconvienant to drive over to a dumpster and drop it in. I agree with SylviaCub "kharma will make his black tank malfunction and fill his bathroom with lots of gooey toilet paper"
TJ (Teacup Poodle 2.7 lbs)
Old 04-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
I think it's about time to mention we need to get off the anti (insert name) theme, there are people from all walks of life who do things like this.

Vent your frustrations and opinions about the situation without ragging on specific groups of people even if you have to mention them to get your position across, you know what I'm getting at.
X2 or close this thread. I see no good coming out of this one. Bashing Quebec people does no good either.

Closed Thread