Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2013, 03:48 PM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't think it is a Canadian thing. I don't know a lot of folks from Canada, but the ones I do know seem to be nice. I have seen plenty of American's who feel so entitled that they should be able to leave their crap around for someone else to clean up. I feel the same way about folks who don't clean up after thier pets. Even in a rest area, I am there with my baggie picking up after my dog. How many times do you see someone just walk away - even in a campground.

If you are going to boondock in a WalMart or a truck stop you should be prepared to haul your trash away with you. Generally the dumpster at a Walmart is for the stores use, not for the public to dump their personal trash into. Unless you can fit it into one of the outside trash cans, take it with you.

2017 Solitude by Grand Design
2012 Ford F-450 Lariat
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #30

Gulf Streamers Club
It's been my observation that stupidity, thoughtlessness, and piggish behavior knows no boundaries or borders. As a college student when cigarettes were thrown out beside me at a stoplight, I'd pick it up and toss it in their car, saying, "You dropped something."

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
Old 04-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I know when I bought my coach out of Florida we had bought some items on the way back. A big item was a vacuum so we could clean up the excessive cat hair problem (which the wife was even doing as we were buzzing down the highway). All the boxes stayed in the basement and came over 2800 miles with us. Threw it all out when we got back to our home town. Didn't have to fill up other peoples garbage bins or throw it in the ditch (like some)
Old 04-16-2013, 06:18 PM   #32

Asking why a person would leave trash is like asking why would someone bomb innocent people they don't even know ? This world is chock full of different people and your not going to change their thinking or actions...Life goes on
Old 04-16-2013, 07:09 PM   #33

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TdogKing View Post
Asking why a person would leave trash is like asking why would someone bomb innocent people they don't even know ? This world is chock full of different people and your not going to change their thinking or actions...Life goes on
XXX2! I know we all can tend to qualify a certain group, but you don't have to cross the border to find selfish people. American roads are chocked full of trash!
Old 04-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #34

Actually often leave our trash at Walmarts - but in their bins - simply because we buy most of our food there and most of what we have to throw out is food packaging so it is only fitting that Walmart deal with it.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:08 PM   #35

I am surprised that no one has taken the time to thank bdaball for doing the right thing and putting the bags left behind in the proper garbage place. I want to thank him /her for being the responsible one in this case. I sure would have too and not want to allow another to give me a bad reputation just because I am a camper too.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:11 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Lee View Post
Actually often leave our trash at Walmarts - but in their bins - simply because we buy most of our food there and most of what we have to throw out is food packaging so it is only fitting that Walmart deal with it.
UMmmmm - here, meet:

Quote:
I don't think it is a Canadian thing. I don't know a lot of folks from Canada, but the ones I do know seem to be nice. I have seen plenty of American's who feel so entitled that they should be able to leave their crap around for someone else to clean up. I feel the same way about folks who don't clean up after thier pets. Even in a rest area, I am there with my baggie picking up after my dog. How many times do you see someone just walk away - even in a campground.

If you are going to boondock in a WalMart or a truck stop you should be prepared to haul your trash away with you. Generally the dumpster at a Walmart is for the stores use, not for the public to dump their personal trash into. Unless you can fit it into one of the outside trash cans, take it with you.

Seems the "entitlement mentality" is alive and well among RVers as well as the rest of our society...
Old 04-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #37

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've always had this thing about leaving a campsite cleaner than I found it. So when the more inconsiderate leave their trash behind, it makes it easy for me. More often than not, it's pretty easy.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:23 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytronx View Post
Nasty thing to do, as a Canuck I apologize for my countryman's behavior. Hope it was an honest brain cramp mistake and not deliberate.

Ray
Not deliberate??

How do you dump trash and not deliberately do it?? Did the trash accidentally "escape the RV when they were not noticing"? This is just a bad apple and pictures and plate numbers should be posted.

Don
Old 04-16-2013, 09:37 PM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by akadeadeye View Post
Not deliberate??
.................................................. ....
.......This is just a bad apple and pictures and plate numbers should be posted.

Don
I agree ..................Do the crime, do the time.
Post picture and plate number. They did it......Then they did it.
It's not like being falsely accused. Might even be on the Walmart cameras(from a distance).
Old 04-16-2013, 09:41 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
While camping at Walmarts are there places to dispose of your trash? I have not done this yet, but I do not recall seeing dumpster close by.
Some lots have large trash cans and others don't. When they don't we simply tie up the bag and dump it at the next place with a trashcan, or in a dumpster if we spot one. To leave it on the store's lot is unthinkable.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:58 PM   #41

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
I did not post "Mr. Quebec" to be mean. My apologies if I offended anyone from away. That was only my way of letting Mr. Quebec know someone observed his actions and that I did see his plates and number. (he parked right beside us) Mr Quebec could have been from anywhere, even a state from where you live.

As far as the continuance of this thread, with over 1400 views in 24 hours I think the news is out on the street. Enough said. That was my only point. Good news travels rather slow. Bad news travels at the speed of light.

Lets all be sure we patronize WalMart if and when we have the need for a sleepover and bring our trash with us.

Enjoy.
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:59 PM   #42

Monaco Owners Club
There are STUPID, IGNORANT , THOUGHTLESS people on all sides of the border, North, South, East and West.

Remember that you can't FIX stupid !!!

So we have to deal with it the best way and pickup after them. That's the most ethical thing to do.

In my current Workamping job at the Deukmejian Wilderness Park in Glendale CA, I am picking up daily after those STUPID IGNORANT and THOUGHTLESS people who throw trash on the ground along with their cigarette butts even though there is NO SMOKING allowed here, and lots of dog poop even though there are plenty of Mutt Bags available that they can use.

Just remember that those people are half wits and when brains were handed out to each of us, they heard the word trains and they weren't going anyplace.

Dr4Film ----- Richard