Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
That was EASY thanks to iRV2 members

I've been a motor home owner and full timer since Sept. In that time I have had a couple of problems that I needed help with. The first I needed immediate help with a frozen pipe and no power to the outlets. I started a thread and started getting replies and suggestions almost immediately. Through the help of iRV2 members I was able to correct both problems quickly with no damage and no cost. My latest problem involved my ice maker in my Norcold. Not life threatening but very annoying just the same. the ice maker was leaking into the bucket and freezer causing a giant ice cube to form in the bucket and a mess in the freezer. It wasn't an emergency so I tried doing a search on iRV2 and found A related thread. After reading the thread and replies describing the same problem I was having this is what I was able to learn.
1-That I wasn't the first to have this problem and that by doing a simple search you can grain a world of information and experience from other members.
2- I learned the probable cause of this problem.
3- I learned that if I replaced the ice maker the problem would go away.
3- I learned there was a Whirlpool ice maker I could purchase that would be a perfect match.
4- I learned the part number model number and cost of this part.
5- I learned where I could go locally to buy this ice maker.
6- I learned from other iRV2 members the step by step procedure to remove and replace said ice maker.
My point is that if you have a problem chances are very good that someone else has had it before and because (and this is important) they posted the information IN GREAT DETAIL you will find your solution. Many times at a great savings or no cost at all. Members here love to share and this is ONE reason iRV2 is such a great place to be. It cost nothing to be a member but IF you are so inclined, as I was, You can be a contributing member and reap even more benefits. Remember if you have a problem don't be afraid to ask for help and if you have solved a problem please help someone else by telling your solution in detail.
Thanks to all,
Larry

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2012, 01:23 PM   #2

There is no one smarter than all of us together.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well put!
Old 02-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
That's what forum like this is all about. Isn't it grand!
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:46 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Exactly IMHO this is the best site. Easy to use, the best layout, and a great membership!
Old 02-28-2012, 06:03 PM   #6

With the power of the internet we are all as one. It has saved me lots of time and money with a big plus that I am still learning at 65.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:35 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
There is no one smarter than all of us together.

Very well said Dunner, Very well said.

IN fact, given the resources of all the members here and our ability to do things like web searches and such,,, Most professional technicians could learn a thing or twenty by reading these forums... No need to post.. Just read.

What's more people here range from simple owner/operator of RV's of all sorts from PUP's to Class A DPs to engineers who design the stuff, We have electronics experts, Fluid and transmission people, Mechanics, and every type of technician possible. We even have medical experts on the forums.

(Though it is a tad hard to give either medical or legal advice beyond "See the proper professiona", in fact it is very unsafe to do so) but we may be able to help you research.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #8

I used to visit an HVAC forum where if someone asked how to change a fuse, the replies were usually "Call a Professional". Most of the members were greedy professionals trying to help their fellow professionals pad their wallets. They claimed it was for safety reasons. There's a lot of stuff on here that could hurt you too.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
This site is so amazing, have met so many great people.
ghoststories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:21 AM   #10

This site is more of what the internet was suppose to be about, the open sharing of information. There are other sites that are comparable but not when it comes to RV's and the lifestyle.

Safe travels

Richard

Neko & Nilla
rbracing60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:05 PM   #11

I cannot count the number of times I've sought advice on repairs or upgrades here and found the answer. Another point, of the folks that tried to help, not a single one ever tried to make me sound stupid for asking a question. I also appreciate the folks that watch the various areas for inappropriate content. These moderators are very fair.