Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-31-2014, 07:39 PM   #15
Fleetwood Owners Club
I guess we're part of the minority that actually uses it as a comforter. Matches the window treatments, so it looks good when the bed is made. Since our rig is an 03', I guess the people before us either never slept in the bed... Or do what most folks on here do... Thanks!

Steve & Beth - Milton, New York
2006 Monaco Knight 38 PDQ
Ready Brute Elite-2008 Hummer H3
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2014, 07:46 PM   #16
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ours is not gaudy and matches the decor but we have a dog and we would take it off every night then back on in the morning. Finally it is packed away for when ever we sell the MH.

The other thing is that our decor is nice but kind of bland so we wanted color in the coach. So we use more colorful durable bed spreads and furniture throws and pillows to add some contrast and interest.

I do all my own stunts
03 Dolphin LX 6355, Workhorse W22, 8.1 vortec, 04 CR-V, Blue Ox, Brake Pro----Norm, Barb and
Doc(He's a PhD)
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:58 PM   #17
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Every RV we've owned, the OEM bedspread & matching pillow covers were taken off as soon as the RV was brought home from the dealer, put in a "spacebag" & stuck on a shelf at home. I put a nice quilt (much lighter weight) on the coach bed. The bagged items go back on when we sell.

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:05 PM   #18
Ditto with ours as well.
Pelledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:21 PM   #19
Winnebago Owners Club
The other thing is that our decor is nice but kind of bland so we wanted color in the coach. So we use more colorful durable bed spreads and furniture throws and pillows to add some contrast and interest.
Like njs42, we are a little younger and wanted a little more motion, vibrance, and color in the bedroom. The original bedspread went to Goodwill. We had valances and pillows made to match the new bedspread. \ken
Ken & Deb (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, Harvest Hosts, and grateful volunteers with SOWERs)
2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/400ISL and Allison 3000MH on Freightliner's Evolution chassis, Onan QD7500, 1000w Renogy solar, BlueOx tow gear, and 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:50 PM   #20
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to mrschwarz
When we bought our new to us motor home, the bedspread and pillow shams were missing. Since the decor of our unit was one of the main selling features to my wife, this was a big deal. Before, during, and after the closing we asked where they were. They told us they would locate them for us. After about a week, they nonchalantly told us they couldn't be located.

We made a huge stink and they ordered replacement that would have cost us more than $500. Like the two other tastefully decorated motor homes we had before this one, we use them every day. If our motor home was decorated to look like a bordello, we probably wouldn't have bought it.
2010 Winnebago Tour 42AD, Cummins ISL 400, Allison 3000, Progressive EMS, Aventa II, Air Force One, Tire Safeguard TPMS, Blue Ox Tru Center (maybe), Lotsa LEDs
mrschwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:00 PM   #21
I think the reason why they want them for when they resell is that like when selling a house it's part of the "staging". It matches the decor (or should). It might not suit your taste but many people do buy major purchases with their emotions. (Oh I need four rings on the front of my car, it makes me so I can beat Andretti around the ring I swear!). A non-covered mattress looks well you know? incomplete. A quilt may be nice for a down to earth fella and lassy but that DINK who has to exceed the Jones, (My S-Class is bigger then your extended S-Class because it's mine!) well it just doesn't match those red lights!

Taste is a personal thing. Some people are good. Some aren't. Since our unit is a family unit we last week bought some brighter (simple geometric pattern) bed in a bag for the rear and two complimentary comforters/cases/sheets/blankets) for the rear. Since in this household that is important to one or more people. Some people believe in colour-theory, others believe in the OEM look, others want it to reflect their personality, others change it when the mood suits them i'm sure. I think they like them because it gives the coach a consistent and finished look. Do you really think the dealers principal has the time or wants to expend the effort finding something that suits the unit and its potential buyer? Would you trust your salesman to decorate your rig? It's one of the easiest things to personalize. But selling a rig without a made bed doesn't make it look complete. That's my theory and i'm sticking with it. (Like how people vision sticks and bricks and can't get over the decorating taste of the current owner, it's Louis the XIV and I like Queen Anne! Can't live here, no way the furniture will go with the current owners and i'll bring mine with me when I move in would it?
FREG/P under 45', over 300 hp under 600 lb ft torque.
OrngTrillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:12 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Originally Posted by Bill in FL View Post
Gets used everyday. It gets taken off at night and put back on for the day. After twelve years of use, it still looks fairly good and, of course, will go with the coach when the new coach comes in.
X2 but we don't like the new one that is coming. It will probably go into storage, the put back on when we sell the MH. DW like a bedspread on during the day, so she will buy one she likes while we have this MH.
Chuck in SW FL
A "Classic" 2014 Entegra Anthem 42RBQ
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:44 PM   #23
Hummm. We always used ours. ???
2008 Tundra DC, 5.7L, Airlift 5000 Airbags
2013 Rockwood 8282WS
Signature Untralight Diamond Package
davendeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:49 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
While it seems the majority store the OEM bed cover for a potential sale/trade later on, some folks do actually use them. No, our coach is not decorated like a bordello but the bedspread, like most we've seen, is just not to our tastes. However, the dogs would probably love it .

So, I guess the DW wins. We will vacuum bag it and keep it for whenever we are ready to let the coach go.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 05:01 AM   #25
Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ours is home in a plastice storage bag and if we sell the coach, well I suppose it will be put back in for the next owner. It coordinates the interor decor so I guess that would be best.
Steve & Sally / HiTee & Hudson Our Little Poms / Heidi & Houston Forever in our Hearts
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22 / 05 PT Vert
Michigan (Summer) Florida (Winter)
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 05:09 AM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wifey insists on making the bed completely every morning. Original spread and sham look nice as they match the head board and window trim. The spread, sham pillows all 6 of them , go under the bed for the night. I installed new 150# lifts on the bed so I don't need to be involved.
2008 Bounder 38P F53 24/30K V10, 2013 Kia Soul Basic 6 speed manual, Ready Brake Elite tow system (previous equipment 1996 Pace Arrow Vision w/Acme Dolly)
Brockx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 05:14 AM   #27
We use it to cover our indoor patio furniture while we are traveling in our MH with a fancy cover my BH put on. Will go back on when trading in.
senior-cit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 05:42 AM   #28
New Horizons Owners Club
We use our, didn't think we would...
Things we like about it:
Tasteful design that matches interior very well
Custom hemmed corners help making the bed a snap
Things we didn't like but have let go:
Dry clean only
Couple small stains (glue?) upon delivery, we protested but no joy, still there.
Stiff satin material very noisy when exterior of spread moves against itself at night.

2013 New Horizons 37' Majestic, 2013 Ford F-450 Lariat
Full-time RV April 2013, Retired January 2014
Pullin' Chocks is offline   Reply With Quote