Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-24-2014, 08:32 PM   #57
I tried using it but takes up to much space when you take it off to sleep. Mine is actually pretty so put it on when I want to show off. Otherwise store it in closet at stick house

brabono is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2014, 11:35 PM   #58
"Formerly Diplomat Don"
Newmar Owners Club
In our last coach 2005 Monaco Diplomat, the bedspread was one of the nicest ones I've ever seen. It was very heavy material, the foot end was fitted so it tucked up nicely to the bed and the head portion had built in pillow case holders. If I could find another one like that, I would buy it.

Our new coach has a relatively thin bedspread and is just flat. It doesn't look nice on the bed. It also came with the extra pillows that the wife likes and are a pain to deal with every evening.

Don & Mary
2014 Newmar Dutch Star - All Electric - 450 ISL
2016 GMC Canyon 4WD Crew Cab
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:54 PM   #59
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by Chiefbvfd View Post
Take it off!!! Heaven forbid. DW wouldn't hear of it. We have to take it off at night, put it on in the morning, then put on the 27 pillows,,,,,, What a pain....but it makes her happy and that's what it's all about...(I think there is only 5 pillows)...
I knew my wife had an identical twin out there!! She's also a quilter so there has to be a quilt folded at the end of the bed. I use that for naps But at night all these blankets and pillows get carried to the couch (about 3 trips)
02 Fleetwood Discovery 37U, 330 Cat pulling a 2006 diesel Liberty..or..2011 4dr Wrangler..or..20' Lund Salmon/Halibut Hunter
csrrsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:23 PM   #60
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club

We have fur kids who 'own' the bed.

Yes, especially when they're muddy.

Bedspread carefully folded & bagged and replaced with a cheap quilted one from WalMart. It needs to be washed often.
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:23 PM   #61
We use ours consistently. The coach interior is all matching in a conservative sea green. I have the task of making/unmaking the bed, I figured out how to do it neatly, and store it, in under 5 minutes.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:53 AM   #62
Originally Posted by Brockx View Post
Wifey insists on making the bed completely every morning. Original spread and sham look nice as they match the head board and window trim. The spread, sham pillows all 6 of them , go under the bed for the night. I installed new 150# lifts on the bed so I don't need to be involved.
We didn't install the lifts but we do exactly as you. We actually like the ones that came with our '14 Sunstar. While we don't don't put it back on every day, we do put it on when we have friends or neighbors over. It just completes the look and isn't gaudy at all.
TravelDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:13 PM   #63
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We still use the fitted one that came with out 2002 Adventurer and use it both to cover the blankets/pillows when not in use and to keep warm at night. Still in good shape. I wish I could find a fitted one for home.
Ole and Anne Anderson, Highland, Michigan
'02 Adventurer 32V, Ford F-53, ours since 4/08,Goodyears, Konis, SeeLevel, CHF
'84 CJ-7 , 5.3 Chevy, 3" lift, 33's, Detroit Locker, Fiberglas tub, winch, hi-lift
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:28 PM   #64
The one that came with our trailer when we got it 2 weeks ago is but! ugly. Horrible fabric. No pillows or anything else. I've put it away to be lost until someday we decide to sell the trailer. A clearance "quilt-like" comforter from Kohls is on the bed now.
murphysranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:42 PM   #65
National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
[QUOTE=Dutch Star Don;1942684]the foot end was fitted so it tucked up nicely to the bed and the head portion had built in pillow case holders. If I could find another one like that, I would buy it.

Have you tried to Google "fitted bedspreads"? I did, and got several. I also saw one listed under "yacht interiors" that was very nice. It is at oceantailors.com.
Barbara Spade
Jaymie (Sheltie/Pom) and Luke (Sheltie/mix)
35' Sea View (Class A) MH & Honda CR-V toad.
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:04 PM   #66
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We never break camp without making the bed, which includes the bed spread and throw pillows.
Everything in the Motorhome is picked up and put away . It only takes a few minutes and it makes everything look nice.
NOTE; I am not responsible for typos, poor grammer or misspelled word !
04 Itasca, Meridian 34H, 330 Cat/2003 CR V Toad
1933 Ford 3 Window,as seen in Bye Bye Birdie
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:52 PM   #67
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
We never break camp without making the bed, which includes the bed spread and throw pillows. Everything in the Motorhome is picked up and put away . It only takes a few minutes and it makes everything look nice.
Vsilvester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:34 AM   #68
Forest River Owners Club
We replaced ours before we took delivery, knowing what the factory supplied item looked like. We have it in reserve in case we might need it for something, but it was not overly attractive so it lives in the bag that it's replacement came in. Fortunately I did not think bordello when I first saw it (but that's certainly the impression I got from some after looking at 20 or 30 other units!) , but it's still not what we wanted. I imagine that it's like paint in your house - everyone thinks that the wall would look better in a different color...

- Randy
1975 VW Westfalia camper
2104 Rockwood A122 A-frame
WrongWayRand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:49 AM   #69
Not one in our new-to-us MH, but there was one in our previous one. Don't know what happened to it. Never used. New owners have put in a nice looking bedspread set to compliment their new indoor paint job. It really looks nice. In both MH's we used a two sided Mickey Mouse comforter, but usually just a blanket at night. Pulled the comforter up from the foot of the bed on really cold nights and daytimes when we wanted the place to look nice.

Ken, Judy, and the Angels--2005 Fleetwood Southwind--2008 Cargo Trailer--2003 EZGO Golf Cart
Retired and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote