Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2012, 05:30 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I totally agree with your comment.

Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #16

I am just starting out with my research. I hope to have a TV within a year and a nice 5er when the right deal comes along. This has been a dream of mine for many years. Retired navy now high school teacher (Jr ROTC) so the job gives me time to do some traveling. I have gotten so much great information on this site from very nice folks willing to help out a rookie. It seems much more user friendly than that other site.
Bob

Old 05-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #17

Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I appreciate this forum, its members and all of the moderators who so willingly give of their time.
Chickenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #18
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
Some of the complaints I see about rv.net are some of the same things i see here
Welcome to the Internet!

You'll be able to make that comment on anything anywhere!

However, as far as RV Forums go, this site is the Best of all the ones I have been part of. Everything you need is in one package. Ease of use, Knowledge, Help, Comaraderie, Friendship from afar.

I've been here 3 years now and don't go anywhere else. I rely on my compadres to help me through my problems as the wealth of knowledge and eagerness of the members to help far exceeds anything I experienced elsewhere. I have learned enough now where with my experience, I can help others. That's how this site works!

You'll always have a few bad eggs in every basket, but if you respect the site and it's members, it's rare you encounter any issues.

As far as Moderators/Moderating, they do a great job of "Advising" people what the rules of this site are. Like anything in life, if you break the rules, expect to be reminded of them.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
What dogpatch said. ^^^^
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
There is always more than one side to a story. If anyone wants the other side PM me.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:52 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like home. Dang. Still at the S&B.

As for two sides to every story - nobody is right 100% of the time. To me there is still right and wrong - seldom a push. Despite living in a world that seems to be less and less fact based - everything a matter of spin and opinion - I find this to be a well run operation. It's my only place to go for RV forum time. YMMV but if it can't be said or found here - rules are rules - I'll find it elsewhere if I want it.
RVM2 -- Steve --
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
I am on 2 forums. Well the other one is actually several ones and most of us know which one that one is. I am not sure when the last time it was that I actually visited that one. I much prefer this one over that one any day. Here almost everyone is very helpful, there are always trolls that show up every now and then but they are stopped before they get too bad. On the other one they let the trolls go wild at times and get away with all kinds of things sometimes. That's usually the reason most of us just do not visit that one very often I think.

For those that do not know a "Troll" is usually a person that says or writes things to inflame and to see how much they can get people riled up and not in a good way. The best way to deal with a troll is to report them and then to ignore them.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:02 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrateSilly View Post
The best way to deal with a troll is to report them and then to ignore them.
Well said.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #24

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Craig P.,
People like you are what makes this site so great. I agree that this site has some of the friendliest, knowlegeable people around. Most are very willing to try to help someone with a problem or answer their questions. I am proud to be a part of the IRV2 family.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #25

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
This is a great site, learned a lot since we purchased our RV. I would say about 99.9% of the people are helpful,honest and considerate,I only had one reply to one of my post that wasn't nice. So everybody else out there THANKS and maybe will meet on the road some day.
RV LYONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
By the way I want to make it VERY plain that this site keeps trolls to a minimum making it a much more enjoyable site for all. I am NOT pointing fingers at all in no way shape or form!!
Old 05-11-2013, 08:04 PM   #27

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I agree with the OP. This forum has the most helpful, sharers around the web.
JudyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:07 PM   #28

Thumbs way up to this site. I know I do not post often, but boy oh boy, I'm here Everyday, multiple times. I love reading this forum. And if I am feeling really frisky I will post. Lol.

Tags
forum