Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2015, 08:30 PM   #15

Thought you guys might enjoy these...

About six months ago we got an order for an XXL BGE. If you have never seen one of these things, they are enormous!! Weigh in right at about 400lbs.

The dude in this pic is 6' 3' for reference.

See the hand sticking out the top on this one?

Only one we have every sold... As would be expected for 4K!!!

Boostable is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2015, 08:57 PM   #16

I have a small that has traveled with me for over 5 years. I would like a mini max as it is shorter and lighter than the small But has the same cooking surface area.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:08 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gacamp View Post
Well I don't know what your problem is but I have years of experience of using the BGE and have no qualms about using it 3 feet from my coach. It is certainly far safer than the gas grills the love to hand off the side of RV's these days.
I simply don't see any reason to have something with an open flame when you light it up, has red hot coals, and can get to 600 degrees, and holds the heat, anywhere near my coach.............
Betr2Trvl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:16 PM   #18

We have one with a table built for it and I can say that I am an "Eggspert"
Old 05-28-2015, 10:12 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betr2Trvl View Post
I simply don't see any reason to have something with an open flame when you light it up, has red hot coals, and can get to 600 degrees, and holds the heat, anywhere near my coach.............
So I guess you don't have an oven?
Old 05-29-2015, 05:11 AM   #20

American Coach Owners Club
[QUOTE=Specularius;2577304]So I guess you don't have an oven?[/QUOTE

Or a stove?
Old 05-29-2015, 06:33 AM   #21

And and engine too, which all happen to be made to be used where they are installed.

If you all want to use your egg next to your MH go right ahead, I see no reason to do so, and will not which is my choice and is my recommendation to others who are certainly free to do what they want to do.

As for the mega egg picture above, it appears that some cannibals we're sizing up a BGE for thier next meal!
Old 05-29-2015, 06:59 AM   #22

Betr2trvl, it is obvious you do not have any experience with a Big Green Egg. You can place your hand on a BGE with it at cooking temperature and not be burned. The ceramic insulates it that much.

What about all the gas grills that hang on the side wall of thousands of RV's with the LP quick connect right below it? Or all the high dollar motor coaches with the slide out burners and gas grills?
Old 05-29-2015, 07:11 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specularius View Post
Betr2trvl, it is obvious you do not have any experience with a Big Green Egg. You can place your hand on a BGE with it at cooking temperature and not be burned. The ceramic insulates it that much.

What about all the gas grills that hang on the side wall of thousands of RV's with the LP quick connect right below it? Or all the high dollar motor coaches with the slide out burners and gas grills?
If you read my first post, we do have one, and love it. No one is going to convince me it is a good idea to use one next to thier MH, isn't going to happen. Nor, do I see any correlation between a stove, oven, or gas grill that has been made to be used where it is installed.

If you want to put your hand on ours when it is 600 degrees while we are cooking a pizza, I get to count to 10.

So let it die, will you please, and let the thread go back to being all the good things about cooking on a BGE. Thanks.
Old 05-29-2015, 02:56 PM   #24

American Coach Owners Club
Ok just for informational purposes for those who are not familiar with the BGE and might be interested in one, can't speak for other Kamados, I am cooking right now, doing food for the family to take to the condo.
The BGE has been at 350 degrees for 3 hours in 90 degree Florida heat. I got my tape measure out and got to 9 inches before I felt slight heat. My large BGE has been in a wooden table for 5 plus years and used at least twice a week during that time. The edge of the hole, only 1/2 inch away from the side of the Egg is not even scortched even though I cook steaks at 500 degree's.
If you don't mind carrying and handling the extra weight the BGE is close to unsurpassed for grilling and smoking food.
Old 05-29-2015, 04:56 PM   #25

Get the hair dryer out and blow hot air in from the bottom and you can seer steaks at 750 degrees. My hubby makes steaks as good as any top dollar steak house. Now if he'd just return the hair dryer when he's done...