Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2014, 08:53 AM   #57

Winnebago Owners Club
For the most part, I enjoy watching and laughing at the exploits of other campers in CG's.

So I'm sitting under the awning reading a book and watching the new arrival next door pitching his tents. 1,2, and then the 3rd one goes up and I'm thinking that it's starting to look congested over there and beyond the number of tents allowed. Apparently they did too because they walked over to the edge of my awning, said hello and started setting up a fourth tent on my site! When I told they couldn't do that they said something rather menacing and we got the cold stare the rest of the weekend. R1Kirby had it right.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2014, 08:58 AM   #58

I had to put my dog down last month. Was able to work with her for two years when she lost her sight. Was able to work with her when she lost her teeth and could not keep her tongue in her mouth. When she was losing the use of her hind quarters, it was time for her to have a long rest.

Hope I will be afforded the same dignity some day.

If my posts don't make sense, I hope someone will tell me so I can go back and edit them. I prefer people talk directly with me.
RodgerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 09:03 AM   #59

Newmar Owners Club
R1Kirby

You are right on the money. However, I don't think it's 'one' reason, I think it's the main reason we have the problems today.

bonzocfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 11:08 AM   #60

spsm....I understood your pom pom post....perfectly. Sorry for your loss.

Jaye(Mn)
Mnflyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 05:37 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnflyboy View Post
spsm....I understood your pom pom post....perfectly. Sorry for your loss.

Jaye(Mn)
Ditto for me x2 in the past couple years.
loud and clear
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 06:12 PM   #62

Sounds like some people have too much free time. Isn't this supposed to be fun?

When I'm camping even rain doesn't bother me. Just happy to be out enjoying my free time.
Fl_Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 06:39 PM   #63

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
When I'm camping even rain doesn't bother me. Just happy to be out enjoying my free time.
Richard - I like your attitude.

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 09:44 PM   #64

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
X2 When the rain hits the roof, it's like sleeping pill. Back to my childhood sleeping under a tin roof.
Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 07:36 PM   #65

I am rather surprised.

We camp host 6-8 months a year. Yes there are some weirdo's and impolite people, but I can tell you that 99.9% of campers are wonderful. If you only get to go camping a couple of weeks a year it is really unfortunate when you meet that .1%. Most of the folks we meet are so happy to be on vacation they are a joy to be around.

One of the bigger problems we have seen are homeless people. We host in urban areas and it is a problem. For the most part they are desperate nice people. We have encountered only one who was so obnoxious that we had to call the park police.

Yes sometimes people have huge loud parties. But that happens at hotels too and in residential neighborhoods.

I did not grow up a camper and didn't start camping at all until I was in my 40's and I've got to say most campers are happier and more pleasant than any other group of people I've ever met.

Yoho, moho, the traveler's life for me!
sinjineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 09:56 PM   #66

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The older I get, the less tolerant I am of others ignorance. My wife reminds me all the time of the things I did in my youth, manny mirroring the acts of those I am aggregated with. It makes me take a deep breath and remember those fun times fondly, bite my lip and thank god my wife didn't let me be the party pooper that annoyed me when I was younger.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:09 AM   #67

National RV Owners Club
My favourite is when you don't have a reservation but get to a campground in plenty of time but find that several suitable spots are being "held" by the site next door because their friends are coming but haven't arrived yet. Often there is a lawn chair or little sign made up saying the site is reserved. These are first come, first serve sites and often in provincial or state parks. Usually happens at the beginning of a long weekend. One party will have the freedom to go on the prior Wednesday or Thursday and will block up the sites for those who can't come till Friday.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:04 AM   #68

Monaco Owners Club
My pet peeve is the State parks your allowed two weeks. Ok cool, I'll put the first two in my name the second two in wife's name then uncle Ben then aunt May and stay all winter without moving. Hey maybe just maybe someone else would enjoy this wonderful park too.

LEN
Old 12-20-2014, 08:00 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
The older I get, the less tolerant I am of others ignorance. My wife reminds me all the time of the things I did in my youth, manny mirroring the acts of those I am aggregated with. It makes me take a deep breath and remember those fun times fondly, bite my lip and thank god my wife didn't let me be the party pooper that annoyed me when I was younger.
This reminds me of one time I was sitting in an IHOP around 3AM having breakfast. A group of young revelers came in and they were having a good time. Nothing malicious just sort of loud and boisterous and funny at times. They left shortly before me and when I went out there were a few of them standing out front waiting on the rest of their party. I commented that I thought they were having a good time and they started to apologize about their behavior. I told them there was no need to apologize...I told them I remembered when I was young and full of crap. They thought that was hilarious and we went our seperate ways.
wva3185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 09:55 AM   #70

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The only time I had a problem with a neighbor was when 5 fishermen (the campground is on a canal to the intercostal) parked next to me and we were downwind. Nice weather and they liked to sit outside and talk, loud, which was ok. I even struck up a conversation or two with them. The problem is all five smoked and it drifted into our open windows at night. If you are a smoker the response is: "well, then shut your window", if you are a non-smoker the response is "yuck". I posted this once before and got ripped for being intolerant.
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote