Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2014, 07:33 AM   #43

In all our travels of spending months out on the road in Campgrounds we have found that for the most part RV'ers all think the same. Everyday you will encounter something or someone that you dislike but I try and keep it in perspective and don't let it ruin my day because usually complaining won't change a thing.
TdogKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2014, 02:49 PM   #44

I cant believe no one has brought this up.... adult couples having "relations" outside their rv
vol445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 02:58 PM   #45

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Yeah, it's when they charge to be in the audience that makes me angry.

BAH-DUM-BUMPH-CRASH!!! Thank you, I'm here all week, try the ham!
1bigmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 03:18 PM   #46

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vol445 View Post
I cant believe no one has brought this up.... adult couples having "relations" outside their rv
I read the rules and regulations at that campground and it wasn't against the rules.
mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 06:54 PM   #47

It's almost the same as staying on the boat

On the boat it's noisy neighbors (dogs, diesels, yelling), drunken fools, and people who anchor too close.

In the TT it's the scare lights, noisy neighbors, and drunken fools.

Oh yeah, and I WISH I had a scare light on the driver's side. It's mighty dark over there when I'm trying to hook up after my late arrival.
sinnettc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 07:46 PM   #48

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Generators left running for hours. Especially the really loud, portable generators placed in the back of a pick up truck - that the guy parks away from his rig, but right under your bedroom window.
DebnDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 10:07 PM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Dogs off leash

There aren't too many things that bother me a lot at CG's. I have 2 small dogs that weigh about 18 lbs. each, and I like to walk them.... a lot. I don't see a thing wrong with walking them around the CG, not through any camping spots, just walking them around the roads in the CG. A lot of people have their dogs chained up outside, and many of them do a lot of barking as we walk by, and many just look at us. Every once in a while, there is a dog that's not on a leash and will rush out to "greet" us. Some are friendly and some aren't.

It doesn't bother me much if a little dog runs out and tries to attack my dogs, though it irritates me because having that dog on a leash is for their benefit as well. What if I had a Rottweiler and that little dog rushed out to tear my dog apart? That little unleashed dog wouldn't even be a snack for a large dog!

Even worse, when a much larger dog come running towards us (off leash) while snarling and growling, that really gets me fired up. Every owner out there seems to think his dog loves everybody, but I really have no choice but to judge the dog on his potential to do harm to my smaller dogs. If he just comes up tail wagging and obviously friendly, I will just suggest to the owner that he needs to be on a leash. If the dog is more aggressive, I will be a whole lot more blunt. If the owner gives me any lip or doesn't put them on a leash, I turn them in.

My dogs love camping trips, and they make my trip worthwhile. We should be able to go for a walk without being attacked by an unleashed GSD!
Old 12-15-2014, 01:59 PM   #50

Talking No Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
I try to take most of this stuff in stride. Just thought it would be fun to kick it around and vent some of our gripes.

Here is one that worked itself out before we could say anything. A couple in the CG we are in have two large but young dogs I don't think they are one bit mean but playful and charge at our dogs to play. Our old girl was never much the playful type does loves other dogs but is just to old for that stuff. Our younger one is very playful but a little timid with dogs larger than him. At least twice those two came charging out at our two unleashed. Once in the dark. The next day we see them run back to their site, no leash and no owner anywhere to be seen. The door opens and in they go. Hmmm I bet they picked up after them, huh?

Thinking then that might be the last straw and a trip to the office might be a good idea. Before we can get there the park manager rolls up tho those people's site on a golf car and yells at them "KEEP THOSE DOGS ON A LEASH OR GET OUT" I guess we weren't the only ones unhappy with their act.
Aahh the joys of having NO PETS....And we don't...... Their a real PITA
donandmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 03:29 PM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by donandmax View Post
Aahh the joys of having NO PETS....And we don't...... Their a real PITA
I guess everyone's mileage will vary on this topic, but if I didn't have our dogs, I'd probably not even have the motorhome. They make my outings worthwhile. It's the animal owners (just a small percentage) that are a major PITA !
Old 12-15-2014, 03:41 PM   #52

Yes.....they can be a handful, but I miss my POM, POM (365 days ago, Dec. 18th.)
spsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 03:43 PM   #53

spsm, your post makes no sense at all.
RodgerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:21 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodgerS View Post
spsm, your post makes no sense at all.
Actually it does make sense. His dog passed away a year ago on Dec. 18th.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:53 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Oil Guy View Post
I guess everyone's mileage will vary on this topic, but if I didn't have our dogs, I'd probably not even have the motorhome. They make my outings worthwhile. It's the animal owners (just a small percentage) that are a major PITA !
Well said.

Most things in life that are worth anything require effort, but it's a labor of love. Dog, RV, kids... they are all a PITA at some point!
I can't imagine not having dogs. Much less depriving my kids of dogs or our camper.
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 08:19 AM   #56

The problem is...over the years we have lost respect for others. It's all about me. There was a time when behavior was taught in the home, schools and Church. This is no longer. Most of us older people were brought up entirely different then those of today. That is one reason we have so many problems today. All one has to do is just look around. It's not just camp grounds, it's everywhere......