Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2016, 07:08 PM   #29

American Coach Owners Club
We've been going there for 6 years & love it. There are only 2 campgrounds on the Gulf of Mexico (that I have know of) that are literally right on the beach, just steps away from the water, Camp Gulf & Red Coconut. I paid more per night for a room in a beachfront hotel that was a lot more "steps" to get where we want to be. Another advantage is I'm allowed to have my 4 pomeranians with me & I can see my coach from the beach (for peace of mind, don't trust the RV fridge & haven't bought the Samsung... Soon though! ). This is the vacation I look forward to all year & even though it's expensive compared to other campgrounds, no other compares with the proximity to the beach just steps away. Totally worth it!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2016, 07:38 PM   #30
NRF

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifemember View Post
They best leave more then just a thin mint on my pillow!!!

I'll say... That's just plain crazy! You can rent their "cottages" for less and don't have to bring your own accommodations!

Old 03-01-2016, 07:49 PM   #31

How much does it cost to stay in the infield for a nascar race? I paid $80 in Monterrey. I stayed on the beach in Mexico last week for $35.
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:14 PM   #32

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbridinger View Post
How much does it cost to stay in the infield for a nascar race? I paid $80 in Monterrey. I stayed on the beach in Mexico last week for $35.
Mexico! Now THAT'S someplace I'd definitely like to try with the coach! I'm all about a beautiful white sand beach & gorgeous clear blue waters!
Old 03-01-2016, 09:53 PM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The most expensive RV park rate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Young View Post
Check out the campgrounds in the Palm Springs / Indio area during the time of the Coachella Music Festival, or the Stage Coach country music festival. I saw that Shadow Mountain Charges $900.00 for a 24' wide spot with up to 6 people, or you can get a 16' wide spot with up to 4 people for $600.00 for the weekend. You then have to take the shuttle to the event which is another $76.00 per person for the weekend. These rates do not include your admission to the events.

I wouldn't care if St Peter and the Arc Angels were playing there. I would give that place a pass. I also can't stand crowds !
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 10:24 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
The above prices are some of the reasons we belong to Thousand Trails ($499.00 a year) and Catalina Spa in Desert Hot Springs ($120.00 a year). The other group we are lifetime members is PassPort America (50% off most of the time). We had a three story house on the sand in Surfside Colony A80 (8 years) on the sand in Orange County, California. Sanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 11:35 PM   #35

Freightliner Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
I guess I won't be going East this summer!
Old 03-02-2016, 06:53 AM   #36

White Sand is why I would NEVER pay that price!!!!
Car Dolly: Mini Cooper Clubman
vanbuskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 07:01 AM   #37

Don't let this thread deter you...there are lovely Campgounds and Resorts on the East with reasonable rates. If this is the standard then RV sales would tank.. However it's not unlike the hotel industry. You can stay at the Ritz or Holiday Inn...depends on your lifestyle.
Car Dolly: Mini Cooper Clubman
vanbuskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 07:14 AM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
My granddaughter wants to go back to north Texas Jellystone Park so I went on line to see if they had any open spots and they did so I started to register for 3 adults and 3 kids total for 3 nights $740. So I called them and they adjusted it to $500 and I told them no thanks. That's another place coming off my list.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:18 AM   #39

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Interesting thread...........

I just had my feelings hurt when I found out Indiana raised their full hook up rates at state parks to $40 and starting to charge a $5 transaction fee........these prices are in line with, if not more expensive than, a private local CG.

I can waste money with the best of them and have, one time being a member of a private business club full of Drs, lawyers, and Indian Chiefs in Downtown Indianapolis. It was fun!!

We use to cruise multiple times yearly and always stayed in suites, mostly on Royal Caribbean.

We toned it down when we decided to get off the cruise ships and see America in a motor home. Rather than go wild with a new or nearly new coach - we bought a vintage - hardly used - low mile coach. RVing was all new to us 2 years ago.

I spent my entire adult life working for the United States government, most of the time in the military. It is just a given when one works for a government agency, other people make more $$ than you!!! Good for them!!!! This was my choice.

Spending $200 to $500 for a camp site per day - many probably don't even know it as their accountant pays the bills......

So - with that said - I can play at a private club, sleep in ocean going suites, but complain about paying $45 for a FHU site at a state park......

LOL - Go figure......although I am making plans to head to Cedar Point Park in Ohio with granddaughter this summer and pay $116 for a FHU site + tickets per day........for memories of a lifetime.

I do know that, "Location, location, location", matters and it looks like all theses expensive "Resorts" (Camp grounds) mentioned earlier in this thread were on some body of water - one was in SoCal.......

Just Sayin'

This reminds me of an old saying when I started my Army career, "Smoke em' if you got em'"......

See you on the road....

g
Indy Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 09:08 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyw View Post
Check out the rates at Newport Dunes in Newport Beach. High season up to $479/night. Affordable Resort Rates and Reservation Fees | Newport Dunes
That was going to be my vote. Stayed there 10 years ago, but not in the premium sites. Was squished in narrow "monthly" sites. Checked my scanned receipts and see I paid about $1000 for a month.

Not much of a "resort" feeling there, but if one needs to be in the area, there you have it!
tkcas01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 09:22 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
RV Vagabond
My only comment is this question:
WHY would anyone pay $199 a day for a campsite
?
Mel
'96 Safari
All Campsites are not created equal. Many in the Florida Keys run in the $195.00 to $225.00 range. Places like the Bluewater Key are quite pricey. The daily price for the best places on the shoreline were $190.00 and above.
They are member owned sites complete with all the amenities and landscaping the owners wanted for their own enjoyment. Amenities in some cases include a private dock with either a power or sailboat, a Tiki hut with plumbing and lighting for entertainment, built in gas grills, etc., etc.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:24 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnitis View Post
Hahaha! And you can drive 25 miles south to Tillicum Beach (Yachats) and stay at the Forest Service campground on the beach for $20.

This is not in Newport, OR, (where an ocean view site at Pacific Shores cost us $120 a night last year, still our all time favorite place) it's in SoCal. Not much else around there RV facility wise. I imagine that this is a very desirable spot for a luxury hotel that would bring in much more revenue. I'm surprised this prime piece of real estate is still being used for this purpose. We're finding more and RV resorts being sold for hotel development along the beach and elsewhere. I hope they stay full and business is good so it remains an option. Not that we can afford it in the summer, we'd have to go off-season, for a very short stay.