Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2016, 11:07 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnitis View Post

We just left Palm Springs (too hot already), where we found a spot with full hook ups, a storage shed, pool, gym, spa, access to the mountains walking trails, and a shuttle to downtown for $600/month.

Yes, we did have a couple hot weeks, but we're back to normal now. Going to be beautiful for the BNP. Sorry you left us early....

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2016, 09:35 PM   #58

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cees View Post
Jeez we traveled more the 30.000 miles in USA never payed even a dime on campground always free boon docking and been on most beautiful places

Did you record those trips in some way that we can see where you camped?

2017 Itasca Solei 36G
"The 5 Shades of Gray"
Suzuki Burgman scooter on the rack
RV Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:38 AM   #59

Send a message via AIM to Johnitis Send a message via MSN to Johnitis Send a message via Yahoo to Johnitis
We'll be back for the BNP the 16th, 17th, and 18th. Can't miss Venus' return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsChilerick View Post
Yes, we did have a couple hot weeks, but we're back to normal now. Going to be beautiful for the BNP. Sorry you left us early....
Old 03-09-2016, 03:06 PM   #60

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Vagabond View Post

Yes, inquiring minds would like some details.

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 12:06 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Vagabond View Post

Sorry for the late respons but being busy

Well i only can give you route's we travelled we did not record the places we stayed it was so many
Old 03-26-2016, 04:28 PM   #62

Johnitis-May I ask where you stayed in Palm Desert. We want to winter with a newer coach in that area but the Outdoor and Emerald Parks are pricey.
Also looking at Texas. Mexico seems scary, Florida is a long way from home but will do it at some point.
I am wondering if the 42-45ft coach owners stay in the motor coach resort parks all the time because there budgets allow them not to worry about it?
I am hoping we can find nice parks but not at $2,000 + a month?
Rollin Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:17 AM   #63

Send a message via AIM to Johnitis Send a message via MSN to Johnitis Send a message via Yahoo to Johnitis
Rollin Stone, I'm actually really selfish, and normally don't share stuff like this, but we stayed at Horizon Village in Palm Springs. It was our first winter there, but we love the place. The community is mostly permanent "vintage" models, with scattered spaces for coaches up to 45'. No site is alike - some are shaped by the mountain, some by vegetation. The community is wonderful (you Canadians really know how to celebrate winter vacation!) with lots of fun events. Downtown is close, and there's a free shuttle tram that stops right in front. Grocery stores are a nice walk or short bike ride when exiting onto East Palm Canyon either to the left or right. It's right under the hill from the Bob & Delores Hope estate, so can tell jealous friends that you are wintering *next* to it. There are a couple of hiking access trails starting right in the park at the hill. In fact, the hill and mountain were my only issues because it gets dark earlier, but I finally just started cocktails earlier. Thanks to the mountain, however, it avoids those windstorms they get out in the valley. Lots of retired artists from the cities live here, and keep it really beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin Stone View Post
Johnitis-May I ask where you stayed in Palm Desert. We want to winter with a newer coach in that area but the Outdoor and Emerald Parks are pricey.
Also looking at Texas. Mexico seems scary, Florida is a long way from home but will do it at some point.
I am wondering if the 42-45ft coach owners stay in the motor coach resort parks all the time because there budgets allow them not to worry about it?
Old 03-27-2016, 10:17 AM   #64

Rollin Stone, I don't want to derail the thread to an anti-Mexico rant, but one of the top three best spots ever for us is Playa Santispac, just south of Mulege, Baja California Sur, Mexico. We paid about $8/day for two sites - for the privacy - with a palapa on the beach, no hook-ups, and a dump onsite.

On either end of the beach was a restaurant with a bar, one with a dance floor and pool tables. Every morning, vendors came by with fresh vegetables and fresh fish, and a baker came twice weekly. The Sunbird community, mostly Canadians, and US West Coasters, is great. I clammed and kayaked, there are lots of hiking trails, and the area has great historical sites, and museums. There are markets in town that are quite welcoming, as is the entire local community. Again, no services but propane and fresh water trucks come through.

Playa Santispac is just one of many beautiful beach parks on Bahia Conception, and we'll choose a different one when we return next winter. All have an ambiance of Margaritaville. Most of our friends cross the border at Tecate with all of the other RVers, while claiming less congestion, but we were the only RV crossing (and easily) at Tijuana. The drive down was fascinating, and we never felt imperiled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin Stone View Post
Old 03-29-2016, 11:16 PM   #65

Johnitis,
Thank you for sharing the Palm Springs RV site against your better judgement. I would never know this place had Rv sites. |I missed this one. It kinda looks like a 45 ft Rig and a level site might be a challenge but that maybe my wrong impression from the web site. I'll keep it on our radar for sure.

The Mexico Baja site is stunning.More research is needed for this area on my part. Any time I could get on the beach safely I would have to give that some serious thought.Perhaps a new thread to discuss Mexico might be appropriate. I know if i were traveling with otherRvers, it would help my level of safety and security.
Glad to hear the Canadians are enjoying them selves and passing along the party atmosphere. Thank you.

Rollin Stone is offline   Reply With Quote