Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2018, 09:35 PM   #1

The snowbird season is ending, who is doing the [Mod Edit] drive home?

To me it is so hard to leave for home, counting down the days, looking at the site. What needs to be done and put where.

Does anyone else have the countdown of regret to the spring migration?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2018, 10:23 PM   #2

Just did weekend......now here till Oct then off again...
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 10:28 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
We go north to see family and avoid the heat, then back south to avoid the cold, sightseeing along the way (and maybe finding a good retirement place). Works out so far.
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 06:27 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
We were gone for two months and came back on the first of Feb... Our last overnight stop before getting home was in mid Indiana. It was 10 degrees that night so before hitting the road the next morning it was a good opportunity to winterize so I wouldn't have to mess with it when we got home in a couple hours.

While I'm outside draining the tanks, pumping in antifreeze, and freezing my butt off, I'm thinking to myself, we need to stay longer next year and wondering what the DW would say about this..

As we exit the campground and pull out on the main road, the DW says: " Next year, lets stay another month."

Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 07:01 AM   #5

We left the house and have been traveling since Oct. We arived in Florida in November.

We are packing up next week to head back to NY, because my hip had failed and I need a replacement. If not for that, we would be here in FL another month and spend a month heading north.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 12:31 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
We go north to see family and avoid the heat, then back south to avoid the cold, sightseeing along the way (and maybe finding a good retirement place). Works out so far.
X2

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 12:40 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I'm waiting till Monday when I can book my spot for next winter

Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 01:27 PM   #8

We are Snowbirds and just arrived back home yesterday.
Must admit, it was tough crossing back into Canada and knowing the big trip is over for another year.
All those topical days, wearing shorts, relaxing with a view of the Gulf and lower gas prices all seem like a lifetime ago now!
Today has been filled with unloading after 3 months, re-winterizing just in case, washing the RV and getting the house back up and running again.
Being able to get away from the cold weather, winter storms and snow has been great, and we will do it again next year, and as someone else said, possibly extend it by another month.
Jim.B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 01:41 PM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
We are reverse snowbirds with a long time home in Florida and a seasonal site in northern Minnesota which we book the end of January. This year we got a bigger site after being on a very long waiting list for many years. So we are looking forward to going North in late May and staying out of the heat and the storms in September. The Hurricanes were even more of an incentive to stay another month the last 2 years. But it is stressful to watch a big storm come through when you are 1500 miles away. We are not on the coast but still had a huge pine come down, luckily in the driveway.
The weather here is warming up and soon we will be ready to leave but right now is the end of my favorite months in Florida with Azaleas, Camellias, cherries, grapefruit and tangerine trees all in bloom and blueberries full of fruit. I miss each spot when I am away. Both are home.
kmlisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 07:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by trx430ex View Post
To me it is so hard to leave for home, counting down the days, looking at the site. What needs to be done and put where.

Does anyone else have the countdown of regret to the spring migration?

Sounds like you are a good candidate for Full Timing. You would be home every night no matter where you were parked.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 07:43 PM   #11

We left Carrabelle, Florida last Thursday and are currently in College Park, Maryland at Cherry Hill Park. Arrived a week ago to some snow on the ground and lows below freezing. Has warmed up some but has not stopped our seeing the sights. Leaving on April 11th for Akron, Iowa for a two week visit and then off to Seattle for 4 months at a RV Park south of Seattle and near our son and daughter. On September 15th we will take a month and return to Carrabelle. As long as our health will let us we plan on living our life this way. Since February 2016 we have visited 38 States and travelled over 33,000 miles in 3 different RV’s. Love the life