Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2019, 05:12 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickNC View Post
Well I learned something! I will never be a fulltimer since they apparently are required to maintain the campground they pay rent in for free when the landlord doesn't. I could have ended up spending my retirement painting KOA's
Nowhere in these posts is it said that you have to maintain anything. IF you don't like the conditions in a park (which means, around your RV) you can always complain and complain, or you can move, or you can do something about it.

Are you the kind of person that will walk past an empty container because you didn't drop it...but then complain about trash?

Parks that cater to full-time residents can't police their tenants and expect to keep customers, since many full-timers are working people that just don't have much money (or self-pride of their possessions). If you end up in a park like this, then moving on, or accepting conditions as they are, is about your only choice.

If you are on a tight budget and can't move to a better (more expensive) park, then it kind of comes with the territory, unfortunately.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2019, 07:44 AM   #16

Quote:
Well I learned something! I will never be a fulltimer since they apparently are required to maintain the campground they pay rent in for free when the landlord doesn't. I could have ended up spending my retirement painting KOA's

Yeah! I thought that a really interesting take on how things should work. Lets see substitute the "State" for "Owner" and you have communism...

Substitute a "Lord", as in one in a castle and you have Serfdom.

What was one thinking???

No the responsibility for maintenance of the common areas, the property falls squarely on the OWNER. not those paying rent.
BTFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:18 PM   #17

No politicizing the statement at all. If you live in an RV full time then you should maintain the RV. Being a pass through resident of the PNW I see these parks that the RVs are not maintained. This leads to derelict RVs that will never move again. Sooner or later the amount of mold and mildew build up will either force the residents to move or kill them. Critters take residence in the amount of garbage and "collectibles" stored under the RV, which becomes a warm nesting spot during cold weather. The critters multiply then move to the neighbors RV. Overgrown grass and shrubbery hide standing water or sewer leaks, which is never a good thing. Living in such close quarters your lack of cleanliness affects your neighbors.

With the increasing amount of permanent housing RV Park candidates , I can't really call them full timers, you can start to be more forceful in policing or as I like to say, Enforcing the Standards and Rules. Housing is difficult to find in these larger cities and some one will move in that will maintain their RV.

I agree you can move on but I would like to see the review posted on any popular RV app or site so I do not end up wasting my time finding out it won't fit my needs.
ktn1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:05 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktn1966 View Post

I agree you can move on but I would like to see the review posted on any popular RV app or site so I do not end up wasting my time finding out it won't fit my needs.
Absolutely agree on reviews explaining what a visitor might see. We have over-nighted in a couple of CGs that had a combination of transient and full-time/permanent RVs. One park...er, campground... kind of separated the two types, and one didn't. A number of the permanent units were like you described; their storage space was under and around their RVs.

Not a lot of debris, as I recall, but what didn't work for us were the 5AM dual exhaust pickups firing up to go to work, and the ruts in the roads and branches that reached out and touched our coach. Those CGs got put on our Do Not Fly list for future reference.
Old 04-18-2019, 07:15 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFT View Post
It was gloomy, cloudy and spitting rain as we approached the front gate. First impressions were not encouraging. A sign on the door proclaimed “Showers are NOW $10!” and we were told the WiFi isnt very good...Our site doesnt have a sewer dump. “Well were just here to get the truck serviced...it’s only two nights” we reasoned.

A large, overly so, heavily bearded young man lumbered out of the building and squeezed himself into an enclosed Golf Cart to lead us to our site. With one leg dangling out of the cart's broken door he zoomed around corners ahead of us to our spot on the “Back Row”.

As we traversed the park to our spot we looked on with growing apprehension as the tree’s bare gnarled branches reached out to grab at our trailer and truck, broken asphalt gave way to large mud filled pot holes, overgrown grass devoured smaller trailers in sites and there was a legion of ancient Class A’s covered by torn tarps and broken branches, streaked with moss and mildew. A gloom was settling over us as we continued on the road to our site.

We passed signs of past glory days when this RV Park had a Dog Run, a nice picnic area and other nice touches now all gone to rack and ruin decaying in the Northwestern weather. Signs broken for years were disintegrating and flapping in the wind and fences were beyond repair. the gloom deepened. I felt like I was headed into Mordor.

I looked at my friend and traveling companion and said...”I expect to see Zombies come staggering out at any moment to greet us..”.

You have a gift my friend for writing, I enjoyed reading your post!

Mike
mdcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:47 AM   #20

I was drinking some wine last night and reading this thread again, I started thinking. How about a zombie RV Rally?! Everyone shows up for a 3 day rally and you have to be in Zombie character for the entire time.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:16 AM   #21

Norman. The “Bates Kid” is named Norman.
WYO George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 12:59 PM   #22

Great prose . . . .
texasrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 02:07 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYO George View Post
Norman. The “Bates Kid” is named Norman.

"Bates Motel, 12 cabins, 12 vacancies!"

Quote:
I was drinking some wine last night and reading this thread again, I started thinking. How about a zombie RV Rally?! Everyone shows up for a 3 day rally and you have to be in Zombie character for the entire time.
First it was the RV Mutants, now we get all George Romero with RV Zombies? I'm in!

May I suggest "Here Come the Mummies" as entertainment? (google 'em)