Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-07-2016, 11:42 AM   #15
Monaco Owners Club
I've never had a TP sender stolen in 9 years of use but I've had to replace 8 of them as they just stopped working. I have never seen a low battery warning light on the display, they just stopped sending. I've also discovered the pressure pro senders will stop sending if the battery is low and the temperture is on the low side. I wish Pressure Pro would develop senders with replaceable batteries.

Bob Retired Army Traveling alone now.
2008 Camelot 40 PDQ 4 slides ISL400 towing a 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quadcab
Western MT in summer, AZ, NV in winter
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2016, 12:07 PM   #16
I would worry more about the entire rv if it was new,,,,
Stolen RV's

from the s&b in the live free or die state
kerryvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 01:32 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't secure mine. Removed the security collars. Makes them smaller to clear wheel cover openings and easier to remove to adjust air pressure.

Ni, I don't worry about them walking off. Have had them for several years.
Vince and Susan
2011 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH (Cummins ISC/Freightliner)
Flat towing a modified 2005 Jeep (Rubicon Wrangler)
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 08:15 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have a tire minder system. I don't use the set screws and have never had a sensor stolen nor do I worry about it. They stay on my rig year round and in two years have only had to replace a few batteries which are free by the way and arrived in just a few days after I ordered them along with new O-rings. The system works as intended and I haven't had a single issue.
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35k
mojoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 10:40 AM   #19
no TPMS theft in 5 years

Our Tire Minder TPMS sensors just unscrew so they'd be easy to steal... but ours haven't been touched in 5 years, probably because each TPMS model uses a specific transmission frequency & pairing with the TPMS controller... so unless they had the same model Tire Minder as we do the sensors would be useless.

That said our Tire Minder TPMS sensor batteries typically last 6 to 9 months before needing replacing. More of an annoyance since Tire Minder sends free replacement TPMS batteries when you ship your old batteries back via USPS. This would leave us without TPMS while each battery swap was in process so we simply bought a set of 10 lithium "watch" batteries off eBay for CHEAP and keep them in our RV for WHEN (not IF) one of our batteries go bad... and when they do we replace ALL 10 at once which results in having a completely fresh set of 10 batteries in our RV at all times.
BrokerDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 10:47 AM   #20
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
I don't secure mine. Removed the security collars. Makes them smaller to clear wheel cover openings and easier to remove to adjust air pressure.

Ni, I don't worry about them walking off. Have had them for several years.

I worried about theft too when I first made the investment, but I have never had an issue. I also leave 4 sensors on my Jeep toad and drive it all over everywhere and, knock on wood, haven't had any issues.

I do remove the sensors when I'm getting the Jeep tires rotated so that I can put them back in the correct location (right, left, front, rear) to line up with the TST display. That was the initial reason for removing the security collars in the first place--just too much of a PITA to remove and replace them with that special tool.

2013 Fleetwood Discovery 40G, Cummins ISL,Freightliner Chassis, Allison 3000.
2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Toad w/ Blue Ox Aventa tow bar and M&G Braking System
Statgeek is online now   Reply With Quote

tire pressure