Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2008, 01:31 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
I daily get all kinds of RV industry news emailed to me due to my job and interests. I just read this morning that there may be some light at the end of the tunnel, as some dealers are seeing an up swing in sales. This is very good news for these economic and seasonal times!
I know the recovery is going to be very slow and long term and may never get back to the glory days of a few years ago but at least it is in the right direction.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2008, 01:31 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
I daily get all kinds of RV industry news emailed to me due to my job and interests. I just read this morning that there may be some light at the end of the tunnel, as some dealers are seeing an up swing in sales. This is very good news for these economic and seasonal times!
I know the recovery is going to be very slow and long term and may never get back to the glory days of a few years ago but at least it is in the right direction.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:01 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Mike: Awwww NUTS!!! And I was lookin forward to having the whole road to myself. Oh well. Thanks for the GOOD news. Steve
Old 12-27-2008, 03:27 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Good news indeed; our two Iowa manufacturers (Born Free & Winnebago) have been hurting big time, but they are financially strong so hopefully they'll get through the downturn.
Dick & Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:32 AM   #5

Hi RV Wizard. I happen to agree with you. Call me an optomist. One has remember the media thrives on doom and gloom, it sells papers, or air time. I'm hearing semilar comments in the investment and financial markets. None are saying it is not serious or that there is a quick fix.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:01 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Mike,
I hope you are right (light at the end of the tunnel). Me thinks the good times will return and even better than before. If the USA is to grow, we must continue to be better than we were. There is no other positive choice. What will keep the USA growing are ideas, plans, programs, features and products that may not exist today. They will be invented to take advantage of growth opportunities. Hopefully, this growth will have whatever the correct amount of regulation in place to prevent past mistakes.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:15 AM   #7
doc

Appalachian Campers
We just hope that light is not an oncoming train.
Seriously, I did read that small trucks are once again selling. I believe it was Dodge and Ford reporting. They attributed this to the drop in the price of oil.
My SIL who travels a huge amount repairing food producton machines has a customer in N Mexico who owns many oil leases. The folks in that area have once again shut down a lot of the production in anticipation of the crude prices going up again.
Can't blame them for wanting the best prices they can get, but somehow that seems counter-productive for the economy right now.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:04 AM   #8

doc, some oil wells are not economically feasible to operate with current prices. It costs more to get out of the ground that it sells for today.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 02:54 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">some oil wells are not economically feasible to operate with current prices. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just a few days ago, one of the major news articles reported Saudi Arabia costs to get oil out of the ground is less then $6 per barrel. So even at $30 per barrel their making a killing. So if the US oil folks are saying it's not feasable, there's something wrong with their math.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:14 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Kansas isn't Saudi Arabia, and I can promise you some of our wells cost more than $30.00 a barrel to produce. Some are not profitable at less than $50.00 a barrel and some are profitable at 5 to 10 dollars a barrel. Depends on how much the well will produce and production costs. Some of our wells will only produce a few barrels per day. It would make a lot more millionaires in Kansas if all of our wells were profitable at $6.00 per barrel.
roy goble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:48 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Oil is trapped in the ground in many ways.
There are large pools of oil easy to get out.
Some oil is trapped in sand, harder to get out.
Some is even trapped in shale, even harder to get out.
There was at one time hundreds of wells just south of New Orleans in the delta area, most of these wells just don't produce as cheaply as they did 10-20 years ago, why the easy oil was pump out. Last spring took a boat ride in this area ans saw only 2 wells still producing all the others were capped. Now what oil is left is trapped in the soil, rocks and does not flow as in the past, very much harder to get out.
Will this hard to get oil ever be pump out of the ground, sure when ways are found to get it out easier than now and then the price will be back in the $60-80 range.
This is why the oil companies want to open new areas to drill, to get the easy and cheaper supply of oil.

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote