Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2012, 12:01 PM   #1

Thermal Under Cabinet Coffee Maker

Guys and Girls, I need help in deciding what to buy. Any body owning a Black and Decker SDC 850 eight cup cabinet under mount coffee maker out there? If you do, would you please give me your opinion on it Pro and Con and help me to avoid suffering buyers remorse. Eight people from Campers World raved about the product. However, they could be from the Black and Decker company. Unfortunately, this is a tactic being used today to bolster sales. Please help me with this decision. Mike L
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
I would Google "undermount coffee maker" reviews and see what comes up.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
Guys and Girls, I need help in deciding what to buy. Any body owning a Black and Decker SDC 850 eight cup cabinet under mount coffee maker out there? If you do, would you please give me your opinion on it Pro and Con and help me to avoid suffering buyers remorse. Eight people from Campers World raved about the product. However, they could be from the Black and Decker company. Unfortunately, this is a tactic being used today to bolster sales. Please help me with this decision. Mike L

I purchased the SDC 850 from Amazon a little over a year ago. I removed it about six weeks after installation. The thermal caraffe was pretty drippy around the spout, and hard to empty, very awkward to use because of its oblong shape.
The water reservoir was hard to fill and install in the base unit.The thing I objected to most was the amount of steam the thing generated under the cabinet. It condensed into liquid, and dripped on the counter. So much so that a kitchen towel or paper towels were required at each coffee making session in order to mop up the water from under the cabinet and from the countertop. On the positive side, it did make pretty good coffee.
After trying to sell it a couple of times in yard sale, I just two weeks ago donated it to Goodwill store. Sorry I can't be more positive about the product, but for me it sure didn't work out.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:35 PM   #4

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We had it in our MH but I forgot to empty it before we took off, hit a large bump coming out of the campground and the carafe hit the floor breaking off the handle. Now I have the under mount part but no carafe for it. Wife ordered a new one twice and neither fit.
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:42 PM   #5

I installed a Black & Decker under cabinet coffeemaker in our previous Safari Trek. The hot water vapors from making coffee deteriorated the varnished surface of the wood cabinet and door just above. The coffeemaker itself was just fine, but I didn't install one in the current Trek due to buyers remorse from the other installation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
We have a Contoure coffee maker. It's under counter and works great. Easy to use & clean. Best part is when coffee is made the coffee maker shuts off. the coffee is in a thermal carafe & stays hot for hours.

Hal
Neumann is offline   Reply With Quote