Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2013, 03:03 PM   #141

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
One of my friends decided to spend a summer swamping for a trucker.
On one run after dropping a load off and on the way back out of the town they were at, they saw a trailer tire and rim off in the ditch.
They stop to pick up the trailer tire and rim and all the time having a good laugh about the poor trucker who lost it.
And yes as they rolled it past their trailer, they were missing a trailer tire.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #142

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyM View Post
Not RV related but still on topic. I went to the supermarket yesterday for a few things, cashier rang them through. I handed her a 20 and she froze. Bag boy asked what's wrong? He gave me a twenty what do I do? She hadn't rung the transaction in the proper sequence so the machine could show correct change. Bag boy whipped out his trusty geewhiz hi-teh whatever phone while I asked the amount owing. $13.11. You owe me six dollars and eighty nine cents. Junior confirmed the figure, she gave me my change saying "I don't know how to do that". She seemed a bright and articulate young woman yet can't do grade five arithmetic. Or am I out of touch with the modern world?
No, it's the latest in teaching, "no student left behind". Can't let them fail, it might hurt their psyche! After all, they have computers to do the thinking for them, why learn math or to problem solve?
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #143

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
That means the tire sidewalls aren't sealed to the rim. No inflating is gonna help that situation!
Actually inflating them is the way they get the tire beads to seal against the rim. You may have to employ a strap around the tread but not usually.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:48 AM   #144

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
While doing some shopping yesterday a thunderstorm caused a power outage just as I was checking out. I thought of this thread immediately when the young lady at the cash quickly grabbed a pencil and a piece of paper and quickly and accurately totalled my purchases. I paid, she counted back my change and I was done. All hope should not be lost.
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:06 AM   #145

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsmasma View Post
While doing some shopping yesterday a thunderstorm caused a power outage just as I was checking out. I thought of this thread immediately when the young lady at the cash quickly grabbed a pencil and a piece of paper and quickly and accurately totalled my purchases. I paid, she counted back my change and I was done. All hope should not be lost.
Wow, the IS encouraging.
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:15 AM   #146

Freightliner Owners Club
About a month ago-under the golden arches-. My order was $3.30, paid with $10 bill, then handled him 30 cents. He called manager to cancel/clear the register. She said no just give him $7. She asked if he understood, young man said "if they give me the exact change, always give them $7", mgr walking away said "right". I though "Oh no!"
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #147

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
About a month ago-under the golden arches-. My order was $3.30, paid with $10 bill, then handled him 30 cents. He called manager to cancel/clear the register. She said no just give him $7. She asked if he understood, young man said "if they give me the exact change, always give them $7", mgr walking away said "right". I though "Oh no!"
There is a great political future ahead for the pair of them!
Old 05-29-2013, 04:51 PM   #148

In a convenience store I bought a few items. The total came to $9.08, I handed over a twenty dollar bill, then said "oh wait", not wanting $0.92 in change rattling in my pocket and gave the clerk a dime. He looked puzzled and started taking coins out of the register and counting carefully. Once again I said "wait...you only need 2 cents and 11 bucks and we'll be square, that'll add up to $20.10.

He looked me straight in the eye and said "well, it don't always work that way".

True story.
Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:52 AM   #149

Ford Super Duty Owner
OK I'll admit to mine that happened to me summer of 2012 just outside Moab Utah.
in my 06 Jeep. i was out and about looking at the sights and got on one of the well roads that is graveled fairly smooth and quite boring to drive on. For those who haven't been on one of these you may have 3-5 miles of NOTHING to see but the wide 2 lane gravel road you are on. Except every half mile of so there is a drainage ditch the road crosses. These are where the road drops about 4 feet in elevation rather quickly then right back up to the same old heights.
The good news is there is a sign that says wash way 10MPH the bad news is this road is so smooth you can run 60mph on it. I was runing about 55MPH and found the ONE was that had no sign. I got the jeep downt o about 45 I think. I let off the brake just enough to land level on the other side but I still bottomed out very hard. as I looked back I saw 2 black object flying around in the wind behind me. I stopped got outand looked all over my Jeep for damage. nothing under the front end looked bent is drove ok. Backed up to the scene and found the 2 black objects,.....they were the top halfs of BOTH of my HOOD latches. The Rubber Broke on both sides. (I wasn't the only one this had happend to there was a talgat handle amoung other vehicl part there) Thank goodness the safety latch worked. I duct taped the hood down and found that I was only about 5 miles west of the airport north of moab. I mad it there and borrowed some wire to wire down to hood so i could get back to moab and buy a proper latch
What i still can't figure out is how those broke and there was no bent sheet metal like the hood and fenders which are perfect.
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #150

Monaco Owners Club
[QUOTE=Sweetbriar My check lists are getting longer and a bit more detailed. My favorite stories are when someone gets left behind at rest stops.[/QUOTE]

Every other summer we camped coast to coast, taking six weeks to make the round trip. I am the oldest of six kids. The summer I was 14, we left my 8 year old sister at a rest stop in Oklahoma. It was an hour before we realized she was not in the car.

We went back, and she was having a grand time entertaining the state police officer. After that, we had to count off every time we got in the car. One, two, three...
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #151

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
I quit adding change to make it work out right for this exact reason.
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #152

Several years ago, around midnight, there was this fellow that walks into our office to conduct some business. He leaves the office then returns, telling us he has locked himself out of his car, and has left the engine running. We call a locksmith and after a half hour or so, the locksmith walks into the office and tells us he has the car unlocked and the bill will be $40. The driver pays and leaves. We ask the locksmith how he got the car open and he replies: "The passenger side window was open and I just reached in and unlocked the doors."
Old 11-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #153

Vintage RV Owners Club
Back in my High School days I worked at a TV repair shop after school/football. I can't count the number of times we would go out on a "dead TV" house call and all we did was plug it back in the wall outlet.
87Rockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:01 AM   #154

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Many years ago my boss, who was a bit absent minded, claimed he had his company car stolen out of the company lot. As he was talking to the police offers who were taking a report, someone spotted his car next door at the McDonald's where he stopped for lunch then walked back to the office.
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote