Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2014, 12:05 PM   #29

Reference the drain auger for the S & B toilet. Puchase an auger with a plastic covering/coating on the cable to prevent the marring of the china bowl. An uncoated auger will leave scratchs/marring that can not be removed
RVhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2014, 02:28 PM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsirby View Post
Good info. I always throw wipes in the trash, but never thought of the gel soap.
Agree, thanks!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:48 AM   #31

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVhauler View Post
Reference the drain auger for the S & B toilet. Puchase an auger with a plastic covering/coating on the cable to prevent the marring of the china bowl. An uncoated auger will leave scratchs/marring that can not be removed
yep, true
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:10 PM   #32

I've used dawn, and Joy for years now in both tanks to cut away at any grease based build up. They both work so well I haven't bothered with the normal Thedford I think its called tank deodorizer for years either. I keep a gallon next to the toilet for every time I make a flush. A little of an overkill but it's less expensive than the Thedford, and you can't damage anything with too much. It provides a lubrication effect to the knife valves that helps them seal the way they are suppose to.

I would beg any RV owner to never use Drano in an RV tank. It can damage so much so fast if you're not lucky enough to get away with it. And don't use powdered laundry detergent. It will build up into big cakes the take a lot of flushing to get out. I've found that if you always fill your black water tank to full just before dumping, you most likely will get all of the contents out, and use the internal jet type cleaner if you have that installed.
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:21 PM   #33

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
we use calgon laundry softener stuff

also is a HOT HOT two gallon pail with pound of baking soda

let sit then add the vinegar bomb and rinse

i have two flushers on my black tank because we had a DRY object condition once with the grandkids.....

i made up an attachment to use it attaches to the sink elbow and and water hose, so i can blast away any crude built up in the drain lines, this helps the flow
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	drain adapter 2.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	67712   Click image for larger version

Name:	drain adapter 4.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	67713  

Click image for larger version

Name:	drain adapter 3.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	67714  
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:02 PM   #34

A couple of points here:
Years a go I could not get my valve closed and it was a table knife. Not ours bought the trailer used.

\I purchase a fitting with a hose connect that I can force water up my tank. Its great as we have had some trouble with toilet paper matting up at the tank outlet but this hydro flush is the greatest thing for getting sludge toilet paper and likley these wipes out of the tank. Much cleaner and easier to use than a wand or hose down your toilet.

RV Hydro Flush 45 Degree - Valterra F02-4100 - Sewer Flushing - Camping World

Also we do not use wet wipes. See this article to understand why:

Doctor: Toiletry Wipes Cause Rashes ‘Equivalent To Poison Ivy’ « CBS New York
Old 07-12-2014, 09:49 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Actually one of the very first Wet Wipes I started using did cause a terrible rash on my butt. I originally thought it was psoriasis but later figured out it was that brand of Wet Wipes I was using which was Pampers.

Obviously I quit using them and switched to Huggies brand which didn't cause the same rash.

Now I use the Sam's Club brand, Member's Mark and find them to be the best and cheapest.

I will always use the Wet Wipes and will continue to use them forever. It is so much more sanitary then just using toilet paper. I also have travel packet ones for when I am away from the coach.

BTW, I've been using Wet Wipes for over 7 years without any Black Tank problems. It's all in how you maintain the Black Tank along with using common sense.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 05:41 PM   #36

I've always had good results when dumping the tanks (fill them up first) on our past travel trailers. They all had the simple pedal and internal knife valve setup. If needed you could get in there and dislodge any mistake you or your company made using the toilet.

Now we have this new to us Fleetwood Providence with a high speed low drag hydro type flush that is like all automatic. It fills and flushes after you press one of the two buttons on the wall. This is all too cool but I've found that it will not tolerate anything but the fine soft T/P, and don't wait too long and have to drop a big load in it. It will stop up in a heart beat. It's too complicated to just use a plunger. And if you had to take a look down inside, you're out of luck, won't open until you flush it with the button, then work fast so as not to get the contents on the floor. I do like the fact that it tells you when the black tank needs to be emptied, (it won't flush). Good thing (Joy) keeps it happy. But my point is, has anyone else found this type system to be so temperamental? I can't imagine anyone putting wipes down into this system.
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:21 PM   #37

Who would flush baby wipes down the toilet? I guess people who just don't care? Palehorse is 100% right, no excuse for anything else at home or in the rv!!!
89sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:54 AM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
I guess some people must like dealing with LOTS of skid marks if not using baby wipes.

Heck, at my age, even after using baby wipes I still end up with skid marks everywhere. That's just another part of getting old I guess.

People have the right to use whatever works for them. I only share what works for me and after living in my coach for well over 10 years without having any problems with my black tank ever, I will continue to do what works for me.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:58 AM   #39
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
TMI, Richard.....TMI.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:15 PM   #40

I have never heard of or seen these wet wipes?/ are these a actual designed towel for Butt wipes ? or are you talking the hand wipes ? Either way I certainly would not be putting them down the into the black tank
racersedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:52 PM   #41

Taking our Lexi on her shakedown cruise next week. I was wondering if the stuff in the shower gel goes by any aliases? I just read the back of mine and I don't recognize 1/10th of the stuff I'm putting on my poor bod :(
Lexi2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:12 PM   #42

Freightliner Owners Club
Our daughter, visiting us with the kids, flushed baby wipes down our toilet without our knowledge at the S&B. Took 2 months, but on the night of the DW's 60th birthday party they finally plugged the whole house up. All the ladies sat on 5 gallon pales that night. After digging in 4 feet of snow looking for the septic tank cover, the septic guy used a snake auger from the tank to the house and unplugged the main pipe. At the end of his auger....yep...baby wipes

Tags
tank