Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2010, 06:35 PM   #29

We started fulltiming over two and a half years ago, and we are having the time of our lives. We have met many great people along the way and have made many great friends. Now we meet our friends every year in Alabama and share stories and goodtime. The cost is a whole lot less than being stuck in a stick and brick home. Most RV Resorts and Campgrounds are well kept and clean. Invest in a GPS system, a Carrier's road atlas (found at most truck stops), and Trailer Life Directory for you computer. We have not regretted a day of being on the road. There's so much to see and do.
R1Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2010, 05:26 AM   #30

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Glad to see your having the time of your life.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:50 PM   #31

Ever since I was about 14 years old, I've wanted a lifestyle that didn't require me to remain stuck in one place, with the same neighbors, the same view, and the same packed closet full of useless junk.
The longer I live in one place, the more crap I seem to accumulate. It's not that I want more stuff, it's the fact that I have the room to put it. So, I purchased a '70 Winnebago Brave, and I'm currently in the process of doing a LOT of work to it. I want to eventually be able to live in this little wonder, even though I'm only 31 years old, and still work full time.

Pro's and Con's of part-time or full-time are immeasurable. I try to live by the following guideline, borrowed from the movie "Fight Club" - "Reject the basic assumptions of civilization, especially the importance of material possessions" - "The things you own, end up owning you". In other words, the more stuff you have, the less availability you have to just get up and go somewhere else.
Visinedrops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:44 AM   #32

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
your right, looking at all my stuff, I now have to sell and give away, one never knows how much stuff/junk he /she collects through out a few years , now I started getting rid of stuff last year, in garage sales, more to come this year too
Old 07-01-2010, 11:04 AM   #33

Workhorse Chassis Owner
RV'ing makes you feel like your on a permanent vacation- .

Get exactly what you want the first time.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:16 PM   #34

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasdan View Post
Our kids and grandkids are scattered all over. That's one of the reasons we are going full time. We get to see all of em, and we will stay until the food runs out.

J
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:10 AM   #35

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
either you stay till the food runs out or they kick you out, for eating all the food,,,,,,,,,,,lol